Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 18:38   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Incident in Sahakarnagar 26th Dec 2011 22:200

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
time: 22:00

I usually go through Sahakarnagar and take the newly constructed behind GKVK to reach Vidyranyapura. And whenever I travel late night I always had this fear. In fact, my parents repeatedly warn me not to use that road after sun down. Now this happens to you. I suspect the low lives will be from that Kodegehalli railway gate and surrounding area. That area is capable of producing such scums.
Old 28th December 2011, 08:50   #992
BHPian

Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

Thanks everyone , i chalk this one up to a lucky experience and only reason i can think of for being safe is God.

My car is a KA registered and i guess i was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Things could have been away different if they had hit the car with helmets or stones or any other things. Who knows if they were carrying a weapon of anykind.

I did not get any number plates and my recgonization of bikes is very poor.

I did not have much time yesterday to check with the locals, however on passing the spot and seeking bikes parked and so many people i just drove by.

As mentioned by many, ensure the doors are locked once you start the car.
Never get out of the car.
Never fully open the window
Do a scan of your surrounding and plot a course to get the heck out of there.

@JVH good to know the cops are still patrolling
@Sachin - interesting comment about Kodigehalli Railway gate, i stay just after it

In short, anything can happen anywhere to anyone anytime. Expect the unexpected
Old 28th December 2011, 09:32   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99
In short, anything can happen anywhere to anyone anytime. Expect the unexpected
I also stay very close to kodigehalli station near virupakshapura. I know the bakery guy near the spot where you had this bad experience. I will put a word to him and ask him to be alert and let the policemen know. Another unsafe area in this side is shantivana where they are building the married acccomodation project for army.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2011 at 12:17.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 10:13   #994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Living in Bangalore for all these years I can tell you that our KA registered vehicles don't enjoy any special kindness from these people . Don't think these people will change their driving style whether there is a KA registered car in front of them or not. Bangalore's cab and tempo drivers are very unruly and this is the way they drive. Its just that we are used to it and know what to expect. For outsiders it can be a bit of a rude shock.
This is a disturbing phenomenon with the cab wallas acting utterly unruly with their new found passion for driving at speeds. The same seems to be happening in the Chennai IT stretch. Finding a decent cab driver going about his business on OMR is next to impossible. I always try to make it a point to call up the "Am i driving rash" number and report the matter, not that its gonna help in a big way but atleast i'm satisfied that the chap is answerable to someone.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:29   #995
BHPian

@Prabhu - thanks , that would be greatly appericated, let us know what the bakery person says.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:08   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
This may be a bit OT but anyways here it goes,
Poor auto driver, innocent to seek your help! Why are you doing this to him?
Probably you could have posted this in 'real life anectodes' thread.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:32   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Poor auto driver, innocent to seek your help! Why are you doing this to him?
Probably you could have posted this in 'real life anectodes' thread.
For the Record, I helped the auto guy big time and even rounded up the fare!
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:13   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
This may be a bit OT but anyways here it goes,
This reminded me of a thread that was started by Normally_Crazy a long time ago. Maybe you can ask the mods to put it there. Here is the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ning-ride.html
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:50   #999
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore ATM Scam - Alert

This has happened to someone (not disclosing company name) and thereafter an advisory sent out. Here are the details, readers are advised to b cautious. Text below is verbatim sender who faced the situation.

Today, while going to my office at Outer Ring Road, I had halted my vehicle outside the Symphony Co. (near to New Horizon Engineering College) to attend to a mobile call. After about 3 minutes on the side of the road, one stout fellow in a bike came and slightly banged my stationary vehicle on my rear passenger door (RHS). He further asked me to come out of the vehicle. When I refused, he started banging on my vehicle with his hand and his blue helmet. He even tried to break my front RHS window and also tried to open the door. He could neither break the glass nor open the door since I had the security system on, which had securely closed all the doors. Sensing danger as this seemed to be stage managed, I immediately started the vehicle and proceeded further to my office which was just around 2 to 2.5 kms away.

When I was nearing Ecospace, another white Tata Indica (private taxi) came and stopped ahead of my vehicle. The driver came out (totally different person) and asked me to come out. I refused and asked him to go to the police station and complain if I had done any offense. He once again tried to break my RHS window and also tried to open the door, where he again failed (once again due to the security system in the car). He tried to pick up a stone, but could not find any other on the road. I immediately backed my car and overtook him and took a u-turn after just 150 meters into the service road and entered our office campus. During all the commotion, I could not note down the vehicle registration number.

Later on, I had lodged a complaint at the HAL Police Station along with our office Admin dept. The cops showed me one photo of a stout person, who seemed to resemble the stout person who had 1st appeared near the New Horizon College. The cops informed me that this is a known rowdy sheeter and he operates in Outer Ring Road after Marathahalli and that it was really my good luck that I had not got out of the vehicle and that the doors were securely locked, else I could have become one more victim who are made to go to ATM centers to withdraw money.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post moved. Please search before creating new threads !

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd February 2012 at 12:48.
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:10   #1000
Senior - BHPian

^ If the police are already aware of his activities, why don't they put him behind bars ?

Rohan
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:35   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
^ If the police are already aware of his activities, why don't they put him behind bars ?

Rohan
+1. For all you know, the goon is closely associated with some politicians or the local corporator and hence the cops are "scared" to take any action. Or he might be sharing the loot with the cops.

@Mayank - put your experience on the facebook page of Blore Traffic Police. You've already lodged a formal complaint so it might help to nab the scum.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd February 2012 at 14:36.
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:02   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If the police are already aware of his activities, why don't they put him behind bars ?
For all we know he might have been successful in evading the cops all this while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
@Mayank - put your experience on the facebook page of Blore Traffic Police. You've already lodged a formal complaint so it might help to nab the scum.
Its not me who faced this situation, someone in the org had this experience, and later Admin sent a caution email to everyone. Was not sure what to do hence posted it here.
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:12   #1003
Senior - BHPian

He might have been out on bail too :(
Old 27th February 2012, 14:21   #1004
BHPian

Is it not time that the incident(s) are reported to some news channel / local daily newspaper who have the ability to bring this issue of mugging out in the open and also give wide publicity so that the concerned authorities get into action against such errant individuals.

Last edited by INNOWAGON_CL : 27th February 2012 at 14:23.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:46   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to get a copy of that rowdy's photo and upload here? At least the rest of us can be careful, in case we encounter this guy.

And that rowdy being already 'wanted', I guess it won't create any legal complications.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks