Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 11:09   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Holiday season is over and how!
We are back to the daily grind of jams, haphazard driving, and wrong siders.

Today morning, not only were two wheelers on the wrong side, but also TT's, Company buses and educated morons in cars, who were trying to reach early to office, causing inconvenience to all and sundry.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:12   #932
Senior - BHPian

^^ Why is there so much of truck traffic today? I see that there was a lot of incoming and outgoing truck traffic, which was main cause for the jams. There were long queues on M9 route- a rarity of late!
Old 4th January 2012, 11:29   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
We are back to the daily grind of jams, haphazard driving, and wrong siders.

Today morning, not only were two wheelers on the wrong side, but also TT's, Company buses and educated morons in cars, who were trying to reach early to office, causing inconvenience to all and sundry.
And ironically, this is traffic safety week for the Pune traffic Police. They should realise that banners and pictures in newspapers aint gonna cut it. Punekars are thick skinned.
Old 5th January 2012, 10:56   #934
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand this. The traffic police+wardens stand in bunches of 4-5 at Wakad Bridge foot and at the Hinjewadi Chowk ,but nowhere in between.
I think max 2 at those points would suffice, and the rest should be deployed along the way.
Old 5th January 2012, 11:43   #935
Senior - BHPian

Ojas, the same question that was in my mind, while coming to office today. Whats the point in 5 police guys at one location, and then a free for all situation, thereafter.

No point writing to PTP FB either. Their responses are fixed.
Old 5th January 2012, 13:13   #936
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Check with save pune traffic. There are Hinjewadi guys who work along with the STP people. Google for Save pune traffic and you can get their website as well as yahoo groups. I was in a meeting ages back when i used to be in Hinjewadi. We used to take up the issues with the SEZ folks who used to pull up the traffic police, truckers, road contractors etc when collectively voiced the concerns. Everytime these guys pull them up, there's police who regulate, trucks are barred (except during non office hours), roads repaired etc. Then you know hamara mahaan bharat. Things go back to square one and people are happy taking shortcuts to try help themselves instead of working for collective good.

It is not just punekar's skin that's thick. 99% Indians are like that. Even truck drivers are changing what's written on their trucks.
Sau mein ninyanve beimaan,
phir bhi mera bharat mahaan.

That, I don't think requires translation.
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 14:16   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Check with save pune traffic. There are Hinjewadi guys who work along with the STP people. Google for Save pune traffic and you can get their website as well as yahoo groups.
Thanks for sharing this. Checked their website and looks like STP is doing some good work. Sadly the joining form does not open in office. Would join them and get more details.

But frankly i have lost hope of anything happening in Hinjewadi. When traffic violations are blatantly visible everyday the response that we get from PTP FB is please contact Mr.Nale. They don't really have any will to take any action.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:25   #938
Senior - BHPian

Today, after office, I actually plan to call up Mr. Nale on the mobile number provided. Lets see what he has to say about the complaints forwarded to him.

About STP, yes, Im aware of their work for some time now. Problem, as MX6 stated is, a few days down the road, its all back to square one.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:40   #939
MX6
Senior - BHPian

With STP, we started on small things. There was a mission dusvi pass (mission 10th pass). WIth every class standing for one road rule to be educated to general public. The first two classes being stopping motorists before stop line when signal turning red and not letting people turn left in junctions where there's no free left.
We had tremendous support from pune traffic police as well when most saturdays we used to man certain signals.
We also started finding out people who follow traffic rules and rewarded them with passes and certificates.
Incidentally, we found that it was easier to deal with miscreants who were illiterate than the ones who were 'educated'. The worst people we encountered, sadly was in Hinjewadi, with every techie guy arguing 'Why' he or she is right. It's been almost 2 years since I left those behind and almost a year since I left Pune itself. I'm still subscribed to their yahoo groups and once in a while get their updates.
Happy to note that it will help you guys. Mr. Nale would probably direct you to meet someone from Hinjewadi itself who is a volunteer. They'd hear out your issues and am sure will try to get across to pune police and try to turn things around. But as expressed earlier, the moment the police get the chalta hai attitude, the crowd goes back to same old rotten behaviour.
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 13:17   #940
Senior - BHPian

Everybody , including vans , ricks, tempos and Police Sumos were going on the wrong side today , at 11.00 AM. Worse is, a traffic cops rode by on their bikes (towards Wakad) and did not even attempt to stop them. Its anarchy out there.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:00   #941
Senior - BHPian

Ojas: Ive seen a police jeep doing the same too. This was in the evening, a few days ago. Whenever, there was a vehilce in front of him, the guy would make use of the beacon and wade through traffic. I tried taking a snap, but the quality was way poor to post anywhere.

Oh, tried calling Mr. Nale too. His number was constantly busy for a while. Gave up after a few attempts. Lets see today.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:24   #942
BHPian

Morning 8:30 drive to HJW was a breeze, though immediately after Phase 2 wipro circle, a company bus broke down/braked suddenly and a tailing Passat smooched (not merely kissed ) its rear. We should have a protocol to keep atleast another car's distance between our vehicle and the one in front!
Old 9th January 2012, 11:28   #943
Senior - BHPian

^^Its not so breeze when I came at around 1030. Lots of trucks! Whatever happened to the time restriction for entry of HCV into Phases 1 and 2 :(

Off topic: Who has got a chill Figo with Got BHP? on the rear WS left bottom?
Old 9th January 2012, 12:42   #944
Senior - BHPian

Anil, the breeze wasnt there at 9:45 also . Stuck in the usual mess of a jam that we have. However, didnt see any HCV's during that time.

That Figo belongs to a guy in my office. Had asked him his handle. Seems to be a dormant member.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 13:00   #945
Senior - BHPian

I was in it at 9.45 and sure was no breeze. It was the usual mishmash of wrong-siders, stupid auto ricks. Even at the chowk there were cops present but people were driving absolutely randomly. When I was crossing, I had 2 tractors coming in from the village side, a tempo traveller coming in from Infy PH1 side, while I was trying to go straight. It resembles exactly what it is : A disorganized village road.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks