Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 10:55   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

The section of nicely laid tarmac in the NH4 direction of Mezza9 route is good, however, they need to repair the stretch in front of the DHL warehouse/Hinjewadi Hospital too, for that route to be called "fixed".
On another note, I was driving behind a lady in a Black Santro (GA 01 S xxxx) , and it was such a massive pain, since she didnt have working brake lights at all! Not even the roof mounted one. In stop and go traffic, a more non-laid back driver than me would have made contact had he been tailgating in a few situations.
Lady if you are reading this/or if someone who knows her is, please fix your tail lights and avoid a mishap!
Old 9th November 2011, 14:13   #812
Senior - BHPian

Well, at least one entry/exit road in Hinjewadi is being worked upon. I guess, they would go road by road, so as to not affect the traffic commuting in Hinjewadi.
Old 10th November 2011, 10:40   #813
Senior - BHPian

I had an incredible commute today. Started off from my home at 9.55 AM, reached Wakad bridge at 10.07 and locked my car at 10.15. It took me longer to walk from the parking to my desk than it took me to get from Wakad flyover to Phase1.
Thursday effect!!
Old 10th November 2011, 10:45   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I had an incredible commute today. Started off from my home at 9.55 AM, reached Wakad bridge at 10.07 and locked my car at 10.15. It took me longer to walk from the parking to my desk than it took me to get from Wakad flyover to Phase1.
Thursday effect!!

So you are back to your car now? Did I miss the post or is this a new development, you commuting by company transport, no?
Old 10th November 2011, 11:07   #815
Senior - BHPian

Thursday effect it surely is! Hardly any traffic all the way. Except for a few annoying bikers, it was all good!

Our hero cop was at it again! A biker tried to go on the wrong side to cut the queue. Our cop was standing diligently, waiting for this not so gentle man. The moment he saw the biker on the wrong side, the cop stopped him, gave one loud whack (unfortunately the bikers bag saved him ) and sent him back!

I love this cop .
Old 10th November 2011, 11:21   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
So you are back to your car now? Did I miss the post or is this a new development, you commuting by company transport, no?
No man..these are just sporadic wake-up-late sprees. Actually I did wake up on time, but forgot i had to go to office and spent some going through my Tintin collection.
According to some people who had attended the meet between PCMC, MIDC and Grampanchyat officials, they have so far not kept their promise to fix the roads to the extent promised by Diwali. Details were there on a FB group, but it seems to have disappeared now.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:45   #817
Senior - BHPian

People in Ph2 and Ph3 - Be overtly cautious when crossing the road (to go to tapris). The roads are broad. There's hardly any traffic and people drive like they own the road.

Just saw what could have been a fatal accident, opp DLF. A cabbie was driving full speed and almost ran over a bunch of guys.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 08:06   #818
Team-BHP Support

The Pune metro plans will take off soon. I agree that it will mess up the infrastructure for a few years and cause unavoidable traffic jams. Having experienced work on the Versova - Ghatkopar stretch, I don't think the metro would come up for the next 5 years at least.

But, I feel Hinjewadi commuters should lure their local politicians and form a strong forum to lobby for a metro line to Hinjewadi. I feel there couldn't be a better solution to the traffic problem. A metro service would cut down the load considerably. There wouldn't be a better candidate than a team-bhpian who commutes to Hinjewadi daily to take this up. We do have message boards in office, don't we?

Any takers?
Old 16th November 2011, 09:10   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The section of nicely laid tarmac in the NH4 direction of Mezza9 route is good
+1 to that. I have switched to this route now at least 3 times out of 5. The orange route is still the most predictable in terms of time taken to traverse. If only this road gets a resurfacing done!
Old 16th November 2011, 09:27   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The Pune metro plans will take off soon.

I think it has already started in Chikli Pradhikaran area. I see huge columns being erected there and the work is going on in good pace. Wonder when it will reach till Hinjawadi though!

On another note, the tarmac which has been laid on the octroi post road is actually just surfacing. I dont believe it will hold much longer. The authorities need to : -

1. Widen the roads (All roads leading in and out of Hinjawadi)
2. They need to create more entry and exit roads (Currently there are on four for such a huge MIDC, out of which only two are usuable)
3. Don't just resurface the roads, either concertize them or lay down a complete road with all the required layers.
4. Most importantly, stop the movement of trucks and three wheelers (which cause maximum pain)
5. At least from Wakad till Phase three, have robust Govt Bus service. If not AC at minimum good buses which do not rattle like a tin box and do not through out smoke like a smoker!!
Old 16th November 2011, 10:48   #821
BHPian

Hinjewadi flyover to be demolished. See the news below from maharashtra times
http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.c...w/10746223.cms
They are saying they will demolish the flyover and then start the construction of parallel highway flyover. I dont think this will solve the problem. I cant imagine the traffic situation during this transition period. Total chaos !!!

Last edited by athanedar : 16th November 2011 at 10:52.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:12   #822
BHPian

Quote:
The Pune metro plans will take off soon. I agree that it will mess up the infrastructure for a few years and cause unavoidable traffic jams. Having experienced work on the Versova - Ghatkopar stretch, I don't think the metro would come up for the next 5 years at least.

Any takers?
I doubt whether Pune metro plan will take off so soon. They are still debating on underground/overground. Was talking to someone who had worked for Delhi Metro planning - Pune politicians lack the will and vision to implement a plan
Old 16th November 2011, 11:36   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Pune metro plans will take off soon.
This would create problems for a few years for sure. But in the long run, it may just prove usefull.

Quote:
There wouldn't be a better candidate than a team-bhpian who commutes to Hinjewadi daily to take this up. We do have message boards in office, don't we? Any takers?
Hinjewadi surely needs a Metro service. That would take the load off the roads and I am sure, many people would take up the service.

We all Hinjewadians can take this up as a cause and spread awareness in our respective organizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Hinjewadi flyover to be demolished.
This is possibly the best news for Hinjewadi. Yes, demolition will create chaos. Yes, the work will take ages, but again, look at the broader picture. In the long run, this may just prove to be the wisest decision!
Old 16th November 2011, 12:15   #824
Senior - BHPian

Today morning it was business as usual on the stretch with bikers, six seaters, autos and yes even a tempo traveller on the wrong side of the road. So nothing new.

But one accident nearly happened on the stretch because of a biker on the wrong side. I was not able to catch the biker while in the act but was able to do a bit later.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00121.jpg

In the pic above you can see one biker and a lady pillion riding on the wrong side. You can also see some kids near the six seater which is also on the wrong side. One kid came out from the lane on a cycle and the biker banged into him. He had braked in time so the impact was not much to cause any casualty or injury. Only the cycle fell down.

Now the strange part. The biker fellow had the audacity to shout at the kid. I wish i could hear what he was saying to him. There were a couple of middle aged fellows around and i was expecting some action (like bashing up the wrong side biker). Sorry for being a sadist but i don't know how else would the guys learn.
But i was in for a surprise. They were telling the kid to not come on the road with the cycle. I guess even the locals feel that it is perfectly ok to come from the wrong side as i think they would be doing the same thing.
Old 16th November 2011, 13:29   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
I doubt whether Pune metro plan will take off so soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Hinjewadi flyover to be demolished. See the news below from maharashtra times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Hinjewadi surely needs a Metro service. That would take the load off the roads and I am sure, many people would take up the service.
Its all in the timing isnt it? If they planned it better (or planned it at all) they would have ensured that the Metro service was in place before pulling the flyover down and building it in the correct direction.
It has been evident to all comers that the flyover was built on the wrong road. I wish they would just charge the expenses to the guy who made that decision. Unfortunately it will be out of our taxpayers pocket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks