Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2012, 22:08   #1561
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
I Some of my friends who work at Hinjewadi and have no connection with t-bhp have been using this road.
I didn't realise we had exclusive rights to the road

Seriously though, the number of heavy vehicles especially lorries using the Chande route has gone up significantly. I hesitate to take that route these days since people just don't yield and this causes snares even though there are not many vehicles on the road.

More to the point, it is definitely disruptive to the villagers and the way some people drive, can you really blame them? Don't know if I mentioned this before but my colleague got slapped around by some villagers because a couple of cars ahead of him were speeding and nearly knocked someone down.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 10:50   #1562
BHPian

Gram Panchayat has made a representation to MIDC and PCMC to repair and widen the Road leading from Tata Technologies @ Phase 1 to Phase 3.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 11:29   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I didn't realise we had exclusive rights to the road
Noop, even I didnt know that Pune BHPians had exclusive rights to that road .
Dont know the latest state of that route, but yeah, once back in Pune, that shall remain my daily route in and out of Hinjewadi.

Yeah you did mention about your collegaue getting the proverbial slap, but then, you can hardly blame the villagers. We've seen enough instances, where morons insist on being morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Gram Panchayat has made a representation to MIDC and PCMC to repair and widen the Road leading from Tata Technologies @ Phase 1 to Phase 3.
Thats a good move indeed. That road needs to be widened, as that is the only proper road for people to commute from Ph1 to Ph2/Ph3.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:39   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Thats a good move indeed. That road needs to be widened, as that is the only proper road for people to commute from Ph1 to Ph2/Ph3.
Hope it happens soon; representation was made last month, will update once i get more information on this one. I am sure it will take the load off from the existing Ph 2 road from the chowk.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:50   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Oh, are you talking about the Infy cirlce>St Laurn> Mann village route?
For some reason, i took it for the "main" road (crossing Tata Johnson, Advinus etc).

Yes, hope is all we can do, where it comes to matters like these! Only hope this proposal doesnt get lost in the usual red tapism.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:56   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, are you talking about the Infy cirlce>St Laurn> Mann village route?
For some reason, i took it for the "main" road (crossing Tata Johnson, Advinus etc).

Yes, hope is all we can do, where it comes to matters like these! Only hope this proposal doesnt get lost in the usual red tapism.
Yup you got the route right now, proposal is to widen it by another 30-40 ft and divert the traffic on this road. There is a lot of push from the gram panchayats to make this happen.

The main road widening is also looked into, there are a few hiccups here.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:05   #1567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We don't need to worry on that aspect; I trust the bureaucracy to worry more for the vote bank of the village than us Hinjewadians. That road will get mended accordingly in due time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Yup you got the route right now, proposal is to widen it by another 30-40 ft and divert the traffic on this road. There is a lot of push from the gram panchayats to make this happen.
Well, even if they widen it to a 4 lane road, the section that goes through the village and adjacent to the tank can-not be widened and it will be a bottleneck.

Methinks the current width would be a better scenario; atleast a lot of the cars/buses will be put-off considering the smaller width of the road. Make it wide, and you'll get equal traffic as the normal Hjw Ph1-Wipro-DLF route, and the situation made even worse due the bottleneck at the village.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:16   #1568
Senior - BHPian

What's actually surprising, is the Gram Panchayat's pushing the cause of road widening. Its normally these people that oppose any such activity, thinking, "their" roads will no longer be theirs.

Case of the rural developing, I suppose!

Ninja, you are right on the bottleneck aspect. The part where there's a small bridge (near the temple) would lead to a bottleneck, under current scnario. But since the GP's (Gram Panchayat) is the one pushing the cause, Im sure they would take necessary care, for road widening.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:44   #1569
BHPian

I understand that the GP's think that by pushing the cause for better road connectivity they may gain a bit more on the economy front.

Ninja: Agree that widening it to 4 lanes will cause bottle necks in a few places; but even if they repair the existing road which is like a moon crater at present will help a lot.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:34   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's actually surprising, is the Gram Panchayat's pushing the cause of road widening. Its normally these people that oppose any such activity, thinking, "their" roads will no longer be theirs.
It aint as much rural development as appreciation of their land sold to/being sold to builders!
I wouldnt really "believe" that the authorities suddenly woke up to HJW's traffic issues one fine day after so many years and undertook massive projects for roads.
All that road building is directly proportional to the number of upcoming real estate developments.

Think of all those new buildings coming up on along the routes to be widened (proposed) :
- Mezza9
- Orange route
- Balewadi/Baner route

Coincidence ?

Last edited by sajo : 12th October 2012 at 17:36.
Old 16th October 2012, 13:16   #1571
BHPian

Our CM visited Hinjewadi today.

HIA meeting took place in one of the main IT company in Ph2. It was attended by many top executives from major IT companies.

Lets hope that something good will happen soon and we can travel with pleasure in coming days
Old 17th October 2012, 10:53   #1572
BHPian

I was expecting the traffic situation to worsen due to his visit. But what a pleasent surprise . All the six-seaters were off the road, no six-seaters parked on the road, traffic police to control the traffic even at small crossings. I hope our CM visits every now-and-then, and land at phase 3 helipad instead of coming by road.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:27   #1573
Senior - BHPian

So, because the CM was visiting HJW, the authorities got rid of the six seaters?
If this can be done, on such circumstances, why cant this be done on a regular basis? Or is it because this person happens to be the Chief Minister, all rules fall into place?

On another note, how many more VIP's visits is it going to take to improve the traffic situation in HJW? First, we had Ms. Sule, then the Deputy CM, and now the CM!
If such visits are going to improve the traffic situation, I say we get the entire parliament to visit HJW, once and for all .

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 17th October 2012 at 12:29.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:33   #1574
BHPian

Getting rid of the six-seaters would be a good idea, but people using this for daily travel may find it difficult.
Mr CM have also promised/assured to resolve the HJW traffic problem by hiring some foreign agencies. The plan is to provide solutions which will fix this traffic problem for next 10 years (source: Todays newspapers).
Old 17th October 2012, 13:00   #1575
Senior - BHPian

For the benefit of a colleague, can someone post the details or a map of this Nande Chande route? If this has been posted earlier, would appreciate a link. we just want to know alternate route from Chandni chowk to HJW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
It aint as much rural development as appreciation of their land sold to/being sold to builders!
As wannabe Guntheshes, they too aspire to move up the value chain with aviators, white clothes, white cars and yellow gold. Isnt that the main part of India Shining? with Ariel/ Tide/ whatever
How can they be denied their pound of flesh?

Quote:
If such visits are going to improve the traffic situation, I say we get the entire parliament to visit HJW, once and for all .
They are busy conducting press conferences to clarify scams they have forgotten about. I guess we will have to wait.
By the way SI, it does seem that accident spotting on NH4 to HJW has reduced. Looks like you are still in Bangalore

Note from Team-bhp support: Only two smilies per post please.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th October 2012 at 16:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks