Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 16:49   #1471
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

No change in bus schedule as per company communication. You guys know where I work
Old 10th August 2012, 18:26   #1472
BHPian

UPDATE - there are 2 dahi handis. One in hinjewadi main chowk (it's on the side of the road) and the other one is immediately after you cross the main chowk (road that goes to Bhumkar Chowk just before the sunken bridge). Dahi Handis are crowded. Though both the handis are on the side of the road, there is a traffic scare due to 'gaonwalas' parking their Fortuners, Scorpios and Safaris In the most uncivilised manner.

I left office at 5.40 p and reached in 30 mins, traffic was building up though...

Cheers.
ironshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 13:07   #1473
BHPian

I left at 8 pm. Dahi handi was just starting that time. Thanks to all you guys for leaving earlier. Other than 5-10 minutes wait to cross Shivaji chowk, traffic was very light.
Old 14th August 2012, 21:00   #1474
BHPian

Live update. Huge traffic jam on highway. Started from Pashankar, yet to see end of it, but looks like till Bavdhan diversion.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:43   #1475
BHPian

There was a terrible traffic jam today morning on the way to work. Some brilliant soul in the RTO decided to close the left from NH towards Hinjewadi Chowk at Wakad bridge. Result ? Chaos at My Car, Mezza9 as well as the entire stretch around KPIT Cummins.

Someone should give an award in stupidity to the concerned authority that made this decision today.
Old 21st August 2012, 19:18   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
He told that its a infosys bus MH12-AU1693 [ attaching the photo], and I am free to complain against him.

Guys, if any infy bhpian can register a f(in)formal complaint with the co transport dept against this bus driver ( a bearded man ) so that he is better behaved in future.
Got the response to the complaint. It appears that it is not an Infy bus. Response below:

Hi Amit, The bus MH12-AU1693 is not on infosys contract this is on contract with AFEXCO who is not infosys vendor.

Last edited by noopster : 21st August 2012 at 19:19. Reason: Fixed stray tags
Old 21st August 2012, 21:34   #1477
Senior - BHPian

I feel blessed that I work in Baner . Day by day HJW traffic is getting worst.
Old 22nd August 2012, 00:00   #1478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
There was a terrible traffic jam today morning on the way to work. Some brilliant soul in the RTO decided to close the left from NH towards Hinjewadi Chowk at Wakad bridge. Result ? Chaos at My Car, Mezza9 as well as the entire stretch around KPIT Cummins.

Someone should give an award in stupidity to the concerned authority that made this decision today.
When was this? I took that route around 10.30 AM, and it was quite accessible. However the normal jam was there at Hinjewadi chowk.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:25   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
He told that its a infosys bus MH12-AU1693 [ attaching the photo], and I am free to complain against him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Have put in the complaint. Would update in case i hear anything. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Guys, I have seen similar series registration, same livery being sported by some Persistent Limited buses. They are AFEXCO buses.
Maybe someone from PSPL can check whether this errant driver works for them.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:31   #1480
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night there was a horrible jam on the Hinjewadi main road. Shivaji Chowk was a complete mess with traffic going all ways without bothering to stop for anyone else. The traffic cop on duty gave up and walked off in front of my eyes! Took about half an hour to reach the highway from there.

Swore to myself that I would never leave late again. Day by day this mess is getting worse.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:36   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Last night there was a horrible jam on the Hinjewadi main road. Shivaji Chowk was a complete mess with traffic going all ways without bothering to stop for anyone else. The traffic cop on duty gave up and walked off in front of my eyes! Took about half an hour to reach the highway from there.

Swore to myself that I would never leave late again. Day by day this mess is getting worse.
Actually in Hinjewadi, the laws of traffic are all inverse. The later you leave, more the traffic you will find. Hence, leave at 5:15 pm. I left at 5:15 pm yesterday and was in USP by 5:45.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:48   #1482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Last night there was a horrible jam on the Hinjewadi main road. Shivaji Chowk was a complete mess with traffic going all ways without bothering to stop for anyone else.
Maybe because most people are rushing on this route before they close the right turn below the flyover at ~8 pm.
I have stopped going straight whenever I get the car these days. Its always Phase1-> Orange Route -> Bhumkar Chowk for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Actually in Hinjewadi, the laws of traffic are all inverse. The later you leave, more the traffic you will find. Hence, leave at 5:15 pm. I left at 5:15 pm yesterday and was in USP by 5:45.
Pardon my ignorance..but where is USP ?
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:02   #1483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
where is USP ?
United States of Pimple, bhau.

Ignorance is bliss
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 16:20   #1484
BHPian

Good news if it is true. Someone I know happened to meet Mr Ajit Pawar. In the discussion someone-I-know mentioned about travelling between Kothrud to Hinjewadi. Mr Pawar said Mr Avinash Bhosale is building a bridge over river which will connect Baner road to Hinjewadi. Not sure about the time frame.

Now I know your opinion about these two gentlemen in question. Whatever is their motive, we will get benefited if this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
United States of Pimple, bhau.
I thought it is United Suburbs of Pimple.
Old 23rd August 2012, 16:35   #1485
Senior - BHPian

^Regardless of the opinion about the people in question, if this happens, it shall surely be a boon.
Would be glad if this is done sometime in the near future (~5 years).
A plan has anyways been sanctioned eons ago, for that route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks