Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 09:04   #1546
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

There is a news in today TOI related to widening of roads leading into HJW. Looks like someone is paying attention to the growing problems as more companies shift to HJW.

Read about it here

excerpt...

Quote:
The existing roads from Wakad and Wakad police chowky connect the IT park to Pimpri Chinchwad and Pune municipal corporation limits. There is a mud and soil road from Wakad police chowky to Vinode vasti, a hamlet on the fringe area of the IT park. The MIDC has decided to reconstruct a 1.75 km-road connecting Wakad police chowky road to Tata junction in phase II.
It will be a 36m wide road with a total budget of Rs 25 crore, including cost of land acquisition.
The second proposed road connects Pashan-Sus road to Phase III of the IT park via Chande phata. There is a makeshift road here and a new road will be constructed with help of Pune zilla parishad and state public works department. Total length of the road is 11 km and 70% of the construction is completed. The remaining work will be finished at the earliest, which will cater to IT professionals commuting from Pune
Old 1st October 2012, 10:42   #1547
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ But you know what that means right? They will probably block off the existing route while the new road is being constructed.

Can you imagine- both Mezza 9 and Chande village routes blocked off? The entire load will fall on the HJW main road!
Old 1st October 2012, 11:13   #1548
BHPian

I'm seeing this too late :-(.

I left phase1 at 7 PM and reached Bhoomkar chowk (Wakad underpass) at 9 PM. I stopped at Satish executive to have some dinner to soothe my frayed nerves. Left the restaurant at 10:45 PM to reach home (Aundh road) at 11 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Don't move as yet! Leave post 10 pm. You'll reach at the same time anyway

Last edited by pradkumar : 1st October 2012 at 11:16.
Old 1st October 2012, 11:26   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Boy-o-boy it was bad on Friday.
Some of my colleagues saw the signs and decided to leave at 5.30 pm. However, when I called them at 8 pm ,they were still stuck somewhere along the Mezza9 route. .
We started off at sharp 9 pm , as the 8 pm buses were not allowed to leave , and were out of HJW in 5 mins flat.
Took the Geometric->Wipro Ph1 -> Lemon Tree-> Shivaji Chowk->Right turn->Under the flyover -> NH4 route. They had barricaded some part of the procession to let our buses through.

All through this though, hats off to the cops, who , despite being limited in numbers, were doing the best they could under the circumstances. I heard several fistfights had broken out (from a cabbie) between the locals and drivers, the drivers and cops, and the cops and locals at various points.

I pray to Bappa to help Hinjewadi.
Old 1st October 2012, 12:19   #1550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

I pray to Bappa to help Hinjewadi.
@sajo,
Hope you take this on a lighter note, but the first time I read your post, I read it as

I pray to Bappi to help Hinjewadi.

Had to come back to the page and read the last line of your post again.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 12:34   #1551
Senior - BHPian

I suppose even Bappa has given up, where the traffic situation is concerned!
Sitting in Bangalore and reading the nightmare you guys had to face on Friday, and slightly smiling, thinking, the Bangy boys face this every single day!!!

Moral: Grass is always greener on the other side!
Old 1st October 2012, 13:05   #1552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I suppose even Bappa has given up, where the traffic situation is concerned!
Sitting in Bangalore and reading the nightmare you guys had to face on Friday, and slightly smiling, thinking, the Bangy boys face this every single day!!!

@swanand,
From the little bit of driving what I got to do in Bangalore, and from what I get to hear from Bangalore junta, it's not that bad. There are roads (ring roads, etc) which are better-off and then there are roads which are expected to be jammed - overall there is a pattern. Basically if your expectations aren't that high, you don't feel that bad. On the other hand, in Pune - there seems to be no generic pattern.

P.s. Trivia - I bore the brunt of the (Bangalore) IT park traffic jams in Bangalore back in 2004-2006 when Electronics City didn't have that awesome flyover, and now I am bearing it in Pune circa 2009-2012+. Traffic jams seems to follow me wherever I go!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 13:51   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please leave bappa alone. It seems odd that we create our own mess and then expect God to solve it for us

Quote:
You intend to say less yellow, correct? I dont see any shade of green in any blade of traffic related grass either in Pune or Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
P.s. Trivia - I bore the brunt of the (Bangalore) IT park traffic jams in Bangalore back in 2004-2006 when Electronics City didn't have that awesome flyover, and now I am bearing it in Pune circa 2009-2012+. Traffic jams seems to follow me wherever I go!
So its you who is bringing this misery around?! No wonder SB road is so jammed for the last few weeks.
btw, FYI I think Bappi da's son is named Bappa.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:32   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@swanand,
From the little bit of driving what I got to do in Bangalore, and from what I get to hear from Bangalore junta, it's not that bad.

+1. I have seen the famed Hosur road jams in 2005-06. Now I am seeing the same road with cars going with 60-80 Km/hr speed even below the flyover. Both Wipro and Infosys played a big role in changing the situation there. Same two companies are present in Pune with their big campuses. But there is no push to change Pune situation as their bosses are sitting in Bangalore.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:56   #1555
Senior - BHPian

There is no point I think of taking the Village (orange) route into Hinjewadi in the mornings. The bottleneck , heck , lets call it a dropper neck, is the extremely narrow bridge.
I was stuck for almost 40 minutes today morning.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:18   #1556
BHPian

I was lucky today morning to cross the dropper neck in just 5 secs , time was 9 am. May be the jam started after 9 30 or so.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:54   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
I was lucky today morning to cross the dropper neck in just 5 secs
This is just amazing , Amazing.

Actually, the problem is compounded by impatient drivers on both sides, who try to jump the queue and get to the front.
There were upto 5 lanes on the incoming side today morning.
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:49   #1558
Senior - BHPian

The other village route (Nande- Chande) may not remain inconspicuous any more!
The other day (Monday) a colleague of mine, who takes the bus home, called me to tell me that my company buses, that go till Chandani Chowk (and beyond) have started taking the Nande- Chande route .

Imagine, a bus on those narrow stretches! There goes one road that was relatively traffic less.

Edit: This could be a one-off case, but now that they know, buses can plough on those roads, it wont be long before they make it a regular route!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 3rd October 2012 at 13:50. Reason: Added text
Old 11th October 2012, 14:22   #1559
BHPian

FYI for all working on Saturday in Hinjewadi Phase 2

A new 220 KV substation is coming up at Infosys Campus, near WIPRO circle Phase 2.
Overhead HT conductor/cables need to be pulled from across the road towards Infosys campus which is a major work. This requires a stoppage of the traffic from both the directions, both lanes for a duration of 20 to 30 minutes for 4 times on that day during low traffic time .

This has been scheduled on Saturday 13 Oct 2012 between 8am to 5 pm.

Required permissions have been obtained from Traffic Police and Govt officials. Representatives of Traffic Police will also be on site to control the traffic.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 20:10   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
The other village route (Nande- Chande) may not remain inconspicuous any more!
The other day (Monday) a colleague of mine, who takes the bus home, called me to tell me that my company buses, that go till Chandani Chowk (and beyond) have started taking the Nande- Chande route .

Imagine, a bus on those narrow stretches! There goes one road that was relatively traffic less.

Edit: This could be a one-off case, but now that they know, buses can plough on those roads, it wont be long before they make it a regular route!
It seems many people already know of this route. Some of my friends who work at Hinjewadi and have no connection with t-bhp have been using this road. They were infact sharing with me that inspite of a longer detour, it saves their time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks