Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2012, 15:18   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

If the road from Ghotawde phata ( pirangut) is broadened, it will ease off some traffic from the usual routes, since people can directly reach TECH M, TCS, DLF.

It is 10 kms from ghotawde, which makes it 22kms from chandani chowk which is longer than usual route (18kms), but can save time.

Also hopefully the road from Sus gaon to Ph-3 is also widened.
It seems to be a very risky road after dark though.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:06   #1652
Senior - BHPian

^The road from Sus to Ph3 isnt wide per se, but is good to drive on. Barely any potholes, till the Ghotawade phata/Mann Village junction.

The people of Sus gaon have built, what clearly looks like illlegal speed brakers, to curb speeds of vehicles passing through the "gaon road". They cant stop the traffic, thanks to Symbiosis and Lupin, but they sure can curb the speeds.
Old 25th December 2012, 11:48   #1653
BHPian

Its been a couple weeks since the road widening/repairing work at the edge of Wakad bridge got over.
Still the loose gravel and sacks full of sand and concrete mixture are lying on the entire road causing inconvinience to the traffic.Shows the current state of professionalism & accountability of these contractors.

Perhaps they are waiting for a poor biker to tumble down causing injuries & traffic halt.This would then open the eyes & start the clean up process.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:48   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Evenings on the way back :
Almost 8 lanes converging into 2 near the octroi post. Very frustrating as traffic in some lanes does not move at all for upto 10 mins at a stretch.

Took this route after long yesterday, and is now ruled out for the foreseable future as my return path. Unless ofcourse, I am on my bike.
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:14   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Evenings on the way back :
Almost 8 lanes converging into 2 near the octroi post. Very frustrating as traffic in some lanes does not move at all for upto 10 mins at a stretch.

Took this route after long yesterday, and is now ruled out for the foreseable future as my return path. Unless ofcourse, I am on my bike.
I guess a better option is to take Orange route, but just before the bay towards Bhumkar Chowk, take a right turn, which opens up below the Wakad flyover just before the signal.
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:54   #1656
BHPian

Used this route tonight. Start time @Infy ph 2 : 6:25 pm, Reached @ Wakad flyover by 6:50 pm!
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 17:14   #1657
BHPian

'Superactive Thread ' once has become almost silent nowadays ...its a good thing that traffic scene may have improved nowadays or poor Hinjewadi IT souls are tired of ranting and complaining :-) on same thing for years.

btw, can any one of you inform whether the Mezza9- Bhumkar road immediately after the left turn from Mezza9 is being Relaid or repaired now , it was absolutely non motorable for about 1 km in a sedan/ hatch , SUVs wont feel the impact i know .
Old 16th January 2013, 22:48   #1658
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
'Superactive Thread ' once has become almost silent nowadays ...its a good thing that traffic scene may have improved nowadays or poor Hinjewadi IT souls are tired of ranting and complaining :-) on same thing for years.

btw, can any one of you inform whether the Mezza9- Bhumkar road immediately after the left turn from Mezza9 is being Relaid or repaired now , it was absolutely non motorable for about 1 km in a sedan/ hatch , SUVs wont feel the impact i know .
I last took that route in Nov '12 and vowed never to take it again thanks to the horrid road surface. Have been taking the regular wakad flyover route in and out of HJW. The only exception is on the way out - if I notice traffic piled up just ahead of Wipro ph 2 circle, I take a u-turn and enjoy the chande village route through ph 3. Its really long but its a relaxing drive with hardly any stoppages and just a 1.5km rough patch after pudumjee agro.
BBT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 00:18   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
its a good thing that traffic scene may have improved nowadays
whether the Mezza9- Bhumkar road immediately after the left turn from Mezza9 is being Relaid or repaired now
Hello, its a yes and no, once you take the turn, there is a half done patch (maybe 50mts - 100mts) I guess, which will make sure every bone gets rattled. Post this stretch the road has been relaid right upto Bhumkar Chowk, including the bad spots before the Octroi post.
The traffic has actually become a fast moving variety recently.

Cheers!
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 10:33   #1660
BHPian

Thanks for confirming ..in fact yesterday I tried that route myself to test ..everything rattled, my car, my bones. One word ..AVOID if possible. Fail to understand why the useless auth are not relaying this portion for 5 months since it got damaged , whereas the main hinj route is relaid for 6-7 kms on total for both sides.

Yes its horribly done stretch after mezza9 for 300 mts , but after that its quite ok .

I will still continue to use the orange route / wakad route.
Old 25th January 2013, 12:14   #1661
BHPian

Now I know why this thread is not that active. Came here after 5-6 months. From Wakad bridge to Phase 2 just 7 mins flat (around 11:30AM). Roads are wide as well as butter smooth. I am loving it.

In Mumbai it takes me one and half hour each way from Kandivali to Powai and that too on those pathetic roads. Mumbai should learn how to build roads from Pune.
Old 25th January 2013, 16:58   #1662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Mumbai should learn how to build roads from Pune.
LOL. I am going to remember this statement.

Wait for the monsoon (thankfully still 5-6 months away) and you'll understand the true quality of the roads, atleast around Hinjewadi.
Old 25th January 2013, 17:42   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
Now I know why this thread is not that active. Came here after 5-6 months. From Wakad bridge to Phase 2 just 7 mins flat (around 11:30AM). Roads are wide as well as butter smooth. I am loving it.
I think today is a Id holiday for lot of companies in Hinjewadi hence you have encountered less traffic. Otherwise even at 11:30, you'd encounter good amount of traffic.
Old 26th January 2013, 14:59   #1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

I think today is a Id holiday for lot of companies in Hinjewadi hence you have encountered less traffic. Otherwise even at 11:30, you'd encounter good amount of traffic.
Yes I agree ....things are better but not the best to cope with increasing demand ....I still remember my Goregoan to Ghatkopar ride in evening 15km anywhere 60 to 90 min

But things are almost same in evening @hinjewadi
Old 28th January 2013, 14:46   #1665
Senior - BHPian

I dont complain because, I still havent got over the nightmare, thats Bangalore traffic; and I take a route that has nothing to complain about, barring a small bad patch of road, on the Nande-Chande route .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks