Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 10:40   #1591
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

With widened road, even with Octroi Post island, going back toward highway is breeze now. Only problem I see is, they are going to create designer's traffic jam near flyover. Vehicles will come zooming from 4 lanes only to merge in two lanes near flyover.
Old 6th November 2012, 16:00   #1592
BHPian

Hi, can any one of you travelling from Hinjewdai update on the latest road condition of Mezza9 to Bhumkar chowk ( not the orange route) ? Also the broken road condition near the octroi post on this route ?

2 weeks back, stones were used to fill up the big pothles but road not relaid.

It will be great if somebody using that road can update on the latest condition ?
Old 9th November 2012, 19:41   #1593
BHPian

Update for people traveling through the sus-road,
The horrible final patch is being repaired.
In the morning, all vehicles were being turned back just before the bridge- I suppose the road might be closed for a few days to come.
Thankfully the usual wakad stretch was a breeze today.
Old 12th November 2012, 13:48   #1594
BHPian

Good Days are back now !
well, atleast for this week

With most of the IT people gone to their home towns, traffic in Hinjewadi is below normal levels.

Expect smooth traffic at any time in Hinjewadi [ or any part of Pune ] for this week.

|| Happy Diwali ||
Old 12th November 2012, 14:13   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Hi, can any one of you travelling from Hinjewdai update on the latest road condition of Mezza9 to Bhumkar chowk ( not the orange route) ? Also the broken road condition near the octroi post on this route ?
Amazingji , it was just as bad as on Friday last week. The road is incredibly bumpy near the Octroi post and the stretch near the newly opened tyre shop before the Marunje T-junction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Good Days are back now !
well, atleast for this week
Ohh. In the morning traffic was about 50% , with some congestion near the flyover and some near the chowk.
Not the "deserted" look I was expecting!

Quote:
|| Happy Diwali ||
Happy Diwali everyone! Hope you are not amongst the unfortunate ones visiting Hinjewadi this week!
Old 12th November 2012, 14:26   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Happy Diwali everyone! Hope you are not amongst the unfortunate ones visiting Hinjewadi this week!
Hey Sajo, thanks for the wishes.

Count me also in list of unfortunates, as I will be in office for all the 5 days this week.
Old 12th November 2012, 14:45   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Amazingji , it was just as bad as on Friday last week. The road is incredibly bumpy near the Octroi post and the stretch near the newly opened tyre shop before the Marunje T-junction.

Ohh. In the morning traffic was about 50% , with some congestion near the flyover and some near the chowk.
Not the "deserted" look I was expecting!

Quote:

Count me also in list of unfortunates, as I will be in office for all the 5 days this week.
Happy Diwali Guys !! Recently moved to Pune and my work location is Blueridge SEZ, Hinjewadi Phase 1, though I am putting up in Magarpatta.
Can you guys suggest a good route to Magarpatta ?

Would love to catch up with Pune BHPians
Old 12th November 2012, 14:46   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Oh wow. Is that bad or is that bad ?

We have tomorrow and the day after off, thankfully , like most companies. You can expect completely deserted roads then, unlike today , if thats some consolation.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 14:53   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

Has the Sus-Chande-Ph 3 route reopened after the tarring work that was going on last week?
Old 12th November 2012, 14:57   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Happy Diwali Guys !! Recently moved to Pune and my work location is Blueridge SEZ, Hinjewadi Phase 1, though I am putting up in Magarpatta.

Oh wow. I dont envy you man. What is that, a 50km one way trip?
You can take the Magarpatta->KP->Shivajinagar->Aundh->Wakad-> Hinjewadi route.

Alternatively , you can take the "longer" route of Magarpatta-> Solapur Road -> Swargate -> Katraj -> NH4-> Hinjewadi. I dont really recommend doing that though.

EDIT : I am very poor with roads. So I tend to choose routes with the least amount of "turns" on them.

Last edited by sajo : 12th November 2012 at 14:58.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 15:04   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Oh wow. I dont envy you man. What is that, a 50km one way trip?
You can take the Magarpatta->KP->Shivajinagar->Aundh->Wakad-> Hinjewadi route.

Alternatively , you can take the "longer" route of Magarpatta-> Solapur Road -> Swargate -> Katraj -> NH4-> Hinjewadi. I dont really recommend doing that though.
It is 35Km one way and I am taking Magarpatta->KP->Khadki->PimpriChincwad->Dange Chowk->Hinjewadi.

Was looking if I can take another route where traffic is bit easy like in PimpriChinchwad. The only consolation is I start around 10AM and return back after 8PM, so traffic is bit manageable at that points.

EDIT: I am in the same boat as you are while choosing the roads :-)

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 12th November 2012 at 15:05.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 15:05   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy Diwali to all from me too

I hope you dont intend to do this commute as a long term option! This is where we start to think why we dont have a ring road. Cannot really think of anything better than what @sajo has suggested.

For meets, please keep an eye on the thread Next tapri meet in Pune. Though people are so busy eating sweets that no one is bothering to finalise anything!

Quote:
Was looking if I can take another route where traffic is bit easy like in PimpriChinchwad. The only consolation is I start around 10AM and return back after 8PM, so traffic is bit manageable at that points.
No bro, for that you will have to stay in PCMC. Pune is too clogged to expect such routes.

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th November 2012 at 15:08.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 15:11   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
It is 35Km one way and I am taking Magarpatta->KP->Khadki->PimpriChincwad->Dange Chowk->Hinjewadi.

EDIT: I am in the same boat as you are while choosing the roads :-)
Though the route looks good (I travel from Chinchwad - Dange Chowk route myself), would like to suggest:

Magarpatta -> KP -> Khadki Bazar (bit of congestion here) -> Brehman Circle -> Jagtap Dairy -> Wakad -> Hijawadi.

I would anyday prefer your route because of the grade separator!

Asisde: Maybe its time for you to update your new location! MH!!

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 15:14   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Happy Diwali to all from me too

I hope you dont intend to do this commute as a long term option! This is where we start to think why we dont have a ring road. Cannot really think of anything better than what @sajo has suggested.

For meets, please keep an eye on the thread Next tapri meet in Pune. Though people are so busy eating sweets that no one is bothering to finalise anything!]

No bro, for that you will have to stay in PCMC. Pune is too clogged to expect such routes.
Will surely keep an eye on the meets thread and would love to catch up with you all

Wifey's office is in Magarpatta and we have got an apartment which is walking distance from a Play school. In that manner, Wife and our little one is at ease and I am managing with alternating my commute timings to Non-Office hours.
Old 12th November 2012, 15:20   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Though the route looks good (I travel from Chinchwad - Dange Chowk route myself), would like to suggest:

Magarpatta -> KP -> Khadki Bazar (bit of congestion here) -> Brehman Circle -> Jagtap Dairy -> Wakad -> Hijawadi.

I would anyday prefer your route because of the grade separator!

Asisde: Maybe its time for you to update your new location! MH!!

Cheers!
Thanks for the suggestion , Will try the suggested route today evening. I too prefer the Pimpri Chincwad route due to grade seperater.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks