Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 09:46   #1456
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
<Afternoon Rant>
The various options for us Hinjewadians (the name's stuck and it sucks)

Route 5[/b][/u]: Bhumkar Chowk - T-junction - right - Petrol Pump - Embassy Tech Zone
Pros: Great route for people working at Embassy Tech Zone (IBM, Atos, Geometric, Synechron)
Cons: Not open to other companies as per rule, dirt road of 20/30 metres
Remark: Set infrastructure, 2 options: either open Embassy Techzone passthrough or build a road fencing the property or better build a tunnel through Tekdi towards Phase 3, probably will open at iGatePatni Phase 3)
This route used to be my bread n butter route till today. Now, finally monsoon has arrived - thankfully, but it has rendered the dirt track slushy n muddy. Non-SUVs should not attempt.
On a positive note though, I guess I might practice here, it might help me cross Rohtang Jot next month
Old 18th July 2012, 11:01   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This route used to be my bread n butter route till today. Now, finally monsoon has arrived - thankfully, but it has rendered the dirt track slushy n muddy. Non-SUVs should not attempt.
On a positive note though, I guess I might practice here, it might help me cross Rohtang Jot next month
Umm.

I just did it today on the Vento. Could do it without any issues.
Old 18th July 2012, 13:33   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Now, finally monsoon has arrived - thankfully, but it has rendered the dirt track slushy n muddy. Non-SUVs should not attempt.
I use this route daily, i10 and sometimes my jeep so far no issues, the dirt track is quiet manageable for new age cars. I would continue using this road as it saves a LOT of time, especially for us mortals working in Embassy Tech Zone.
Old 19th July 2012, 12:17   #1459
BHPian

Anyone see the chaos near Wipro around 10:20 AM this morning? A bunch of Tempo travellers, cars, bikes and auto/ tum tums drove on the other side of the road to beat the traffic, only to get jammed with oncoming traffic near Wipro Circle. When i passed, it was gridlocked and i was soo happy that the "wrong siders" had been taught a lesson
Old 25th July 2012, 09:55   #1460
BHPian

This seems to be a routine now.
People going on wrong side right from the YesBank till Wipro circle and finally increasing the chaos there. And its not limited to the six seaters - the so called educated IT-wallas have also joined them.
Are the people driving cars worth a million rupees and claiming to be engineers and MBAs and foren return really educated? I doubt.

Same thing happens every evening - people start going wrong side from Wipro circle till Advinus circle.
Old 27th July 2012, 14:12   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

One would expect coming to office at 8 in the morning should guarantee a hassle free drive. Or so I thought. Even without speeding, and after following lane rules, doesn't guarantee a accident free experience.

This was on the Hinjewadi flyover, surprisingly there were a large number of buses, and of course a decent number of cars and bikes. Till we reached the middle of the flyover, everybody was driving within the two lanes. The bikes of course, were going ahead on the outer lane, as they had a seperate lane ahead.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-flyover.jpg

Suddenly several cars started moving out (on the bike lane) and then just at the end of the flyover they try to nip back in. And one of these, a white indica taxi decides to move in right at the last moment between the bus and me. The moment I figure this, I brake, but it's too late.

The result - our ORVMs clash. I shout at him but it's no use. The windows are up and he's not even concerned. Thankfully (Kudos to VW for this!) there is no damage to my orvm, while his completely breaks off - literally crumbles. Thankfully he moves off and literally dashes ahead once we are out of the flyover. I was expecting him to stop right there and fight - and for that moment, probably so was I!

But, seriously why? Except for the buses, the road was literally empty! After all it was only 8a.m! Don't these guys have any brains?
Old 1st August 2012, 09:25   #1462
BHPian

Someone mentioned that 4 crores were spent for the patchwork of HJW roads. Look at the plight now. One day of incessant rains and the road (esp after Mezza 9) has opened up. Things will never change :(
Old 7th August 2012, 16:10   #1463
BHPian

Yesterday, one company bus was tailgating my car in the thick traffic betwen Wipro Cirlle and Mezza9, at 6 20 pm. He was blowing horn for no reasons knowing that in the fully choked b2b traffic . He was stopping almost with mm gap near my car every time, and suddenly he touched my car bumper in such case going wrong.
Although no damage apart from a minor alingnment change, but I got pissed off , got down and requested him whats the hurry since we cant go faster than this in this choked traffic. He simply refused to listen and started uttering bad words, threating me to move on ''else he will hit my car again from behind."

He told that its a infosys bus MH12-AU1693 [ attaching the photo], and I am free to complain against him.

Guys, if any infy bhpian can register a f(in)formal complaint with the co transport dept against this bus driver ( a bearded man ) so that he is better behaved in future.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-infy-bus-rash-driving.jpg  

Last edited by Amazing : 7th August 2012 at 16:12. Reason: punrtuation
Old 7th August 2012, 17:45   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Guys, if any infy bhpian can register a f(in)formal complaint with the co transport dept against this bus driver ( a bearded man ) so that he is better behaved in future.

Thanks.
Have put in the complaint. Would update in case i hear anything. Keeping my fingers crossed.
amitwlele is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 17:58   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The result - our ORVMs clash. I shout at him but it's no use. The windows are up and he's not even concerned. Thankfully (Kudos to VW for this!) there is no damage to my orvm, while his completely breaks off - literally crumbles. Thankfully he moves off and literally dashes ahead once we are out of the flyover. I was expecting him to stop right there and fight - and for that moment, probably so was I!
wow, HJW cabbies surely are rich. I dont think someone in town will let you off so easily!

Quote:
Someone mentioned that 4 crores were spent for the patchwork of HJW roads.
tch tch, 4 crores was sanctioned. I dont think the patchwork actually costs that much, especially for this poor quality.
Old 10th August 2012, 15:39   #1466
BHPian

Any updates on HJW routes & alternative paths suggested by authorities for today.

<crib> I work for a company who is not concerned about traffic situation in HJW </crib>
Old 10th August 2012, 16:09   #1467
Senior - BHPian

The main dahi Handi is I believe on the left while coming from Infosys Phase1 side , small clearing near Shivaji chowk.
There is another one I think, at Bhumkar chowk. Numerous smaller ones will surely be all along the way.
We have not received any traffic advisories yet from my company, though.
Those who can should leave early. (Then those of us who leave by bus will get a clear road. ).
Old 10th August 2012, 16:28   #1468
BHPian

Following is the update that we recieved from the company admin:

Dear All,

Today at 1500 Hrs. onwards Hinjewadi village Dahihandi Festival will commence in Hinjewadi Chauk (Shivaji Chauk); it may heavily block the road leading towards Wakad Bridge & Dange Chauk.Traffic will be slow moving on main and arterial roads.
Those of you, who bring their own 2W and 4W, can plan accordingly while going back from HJ.
-------------------------------------------
It's strictly advised that we leave office by 5.30 pm max today before company buses start (I am leaving for sure). Entire traffic is said to be diverted throught the Mezza9 route (need to confirm this info). But if it is true, then traffic is going to be choc-a-bloc considering the horrible condition of the road just after Mezza9.

Cheers.

Last edited by ironshark : 10th August 2012 at 16:31.
ironshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 16:35   #1469
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came by the normal route : DLF - Wipro circle - Shivaji Chowk (Hjw Phase 1 circle) - Hinjewadi bridge - Wakad.

- Moderate - high traffic, but no jams
- Good number of traffic cops stationed at Hjw chowk, no (Dahi-handi) crowd yet seen at this junction
- The U-turn in front of Soundarya restaurant has been clearly forked/marked out, probably later in the evening, incoming traffic (into Hjw) would be asked to go back/opt for other routes
- A dahi - handi is being setup at the junction after the bridge. Expect this junction to see a lot more confusion. No cops at this point.

I'd advise you guys to move out asap. To top it, it's friday - the jams are generally longer.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 10th August 2012 at 16:37.
Old 10th August 2012, 16:39   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Yikes! You guys are scaring me.
The earliest of my buses leaves at 6.30 , and follows a fixed route of Ph1->Mezza9-> Bhumkar Chowk -> NH4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks