Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 15:36   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The abovementioned route has reduced my commuting time from 1.5 hrs (one way) to half an hr (one way).
Better not advertise it that much - you might just have a truckload of Sus road/Kothrud junta traveling via that route soon!
Old 6th July 2012, 15:49   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Better not advertise it that much - you might just have a truckload of Sus road/Kothrud junta traveling via that route soon!
Why do you think Ive been quiet about it for two whole weeks .
But now that Meer mentioned it, i thought, might as well help fellow BHPians.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 16:10   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
EDIT: One extra bonus of taking that route? Lovely sceneray. The monsoon has made the entrie area relatively green and makes a wonderful sight to drive along.
Agreed! As you ride down the crest of the hill near Symbiosis, the view is amazing - especially this time of the year.

I used the route couple of days ago. It is fast (but also longer by 5-6km) when you know there is a slow moving traffic from Ph2 to NH4 using the regular roads. Otherwise - it is a good way to unwind on the way back to home.
Old 7th July 2012, 09:43   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you think Ive been quiet about it for two whole weeks .
But now that Meer mentioned it, i thought, might as well help fellow BHPians.
I am so sorry, I thought this is being discussed quite frequently so thought it is better to chip in

But Route 4 is not for the faint hearted, plus there are other deterrents too. PMT buses, if you get stuck behind one, it is impossible to overtake. Even some cars if they do not give you space to overtake, you are stuck behind. You need to be extra careful as it is village area with houses on the road. Plus you have to be careful about the under body of the car as well as the sides for fear of scratches.

View is amazing, if you stop on the river bridge, it is calm and serene.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:39   #1445
Senior - BHPian

A slight rain and the traffic system crumbles. I saw from quite some distance away that the traffic on the flyover wasnt moving at all, and there was a really huge line of cars waiting to take a left turn into Hinjewadi.
Drove straight and took the fabulously paved and empty orange route, and was at my desk 5 minutes later.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image275.jpg

PS : Who be you, Figo-man ? I was parallel to you for some distance.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:44   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Drove straight and took the fabulously paved and empty orange route, and was at my desk 5 minutes later.
Isn't that the best .

The nullah towards the end is also getting an upgrade to a proper culvert. Rubble is now being collected to create an approach to the small bridge. It seems once that half is done, work on the other half will be started.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:47   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Today I saw a bulldozer deployed at the bridge , and a frame of a new structure nearly complete on one side. Thank you real estate boom, you are giving us roads.
Old 9th July 2012, 20:09   #1448
BHPian

Left office today at 5pm.
Only to be stopped at HJW phase1 chowk. There was a HUGE pile up ahead and cops were diverting all traffic on left to be merged at at Ginger hotel chowk. I took U-turn and took Mezza9 route, it was empty that time.
What was the reason of such a jam? Someone told there was some accident near Marriot???
How'z it now?
Old 10th July 2012, 10:26   #1449
Senior - BHPian

What a logjam today too!! At 9 AM , the cops had stopped allowing any more traffic on the Wakad flyover from wakad side, and were instead sending buses and cars from under it towards Ginger hotel underpass.
My bus was unable to take a left turn towards HJW from NH4 too, and we too went the Mezza9 way.
Any idea what had happened ? This is like, two days in a row now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I took U-turn and took Mezza9 route, it was empty that time.
What was the reason of such a jam? Someone told there was some accident near Marriot???
How'z it now?
I left at 6.15ish , straight towards the orange route. No jam there.
Old 10th July 2012, 10:45   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a logjam today too!! At 9 AM , the cops had stopped allowing any more traffic on the Wakad flyover from wakad side, and were instead sending buses and cars from under it towards Ginger hotel underpass.
I was at that junction at around 8.45 AM and there was a jam but cops were not stopping anyone. After crossing the flyover it was a breeze all the way to the office.

Also witnessed the heroics of our hero cop today at the foot of the flyover. There was one Indigo taxi which was coming down the flyover and i don't know why the hero cop and one constable were asking him to park at the side. Maybe he came in from the wrong side on the flyover.

The Indigo started moving to the left to park by the roadside. But then after passing the cops instead of stopping it zoomed away. This got the best out of our cop. He stopped one bike and rode pillion and started chasing the cab. Saw him catch the Indigo at the Hinjewadi Chowk. He was giving the driver and the passenger a firing. Surprisingly i think the passenger was seen arguing with the cop. I think he is new to this part of the world and does not know that this is the only cop which he should try and avoid to mess with.
amitwlele is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 10:49   #1451
Senior - BHPian

I think there is something wrong with the ratio of people coming to office and those going back.

How else do you explain completely deserted roads while coming and scenes like these while going back ?

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-16072012.jpg

*Standard apology for quality of picture applies. Generous donations for a newer/better camera phone are now being accepted.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 12:54   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
I think there is something wrong with the ratio of people coming to office and those going back.

How else do you explain completely deserted roads while coming and scenes like these while going back ?

Attachment 957949

*Standard apology for quality of picture applies. Generous donations for a newer/better camera phone are now being accepted.
There is nothing wrong my friend. In the evening when the office traffic flows out of Hinjewadi, why would you have incoming traffic unless people are returning to their homes in Hinjewadi. Hinjewadi is still not a residential area. Maybe in future when all the townships become operational, you will see traffic on both sides of the road. But If the infrastructure and roads do not improve by then, god save us.
Old 17th July 2012, 13:14   #1453
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 957949

Agree, i find the traffic much more manageable in the morning than in the evening. Maybe it has something to do with everyone rushing off at 6 - 6:30, while no one is really in a hurry to reach office in morning.

Just a thought - why not disallow trucks on HJW roads - during peak hours? Most times a lot of problems are caused by slow moving/ parked trucks as well.
Old 17th July 2012, 13:57   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Maybe in future when all the townships become operational, you will see traffic on both sides of the road. But If the infrastructure and roads do not improve by then, god save us.
No no, what I mean is that traffic while all of us are coming to office, ie, the mornings, is nothing compared to the snarls we face while going back.

Perhaps people are now more flexible while coming to work, but do not compromise on their return timings!
Old 17th July 2012, 14:00   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
There is nothing wrong my friend. In the evening when the office traffic flows out of Hinjewadi, why would you have incoming traffic unless people are returning to their homes in Hinjewadi. Hinjewadi is still not a residential area. Maybe in future when all the townships become operational, you will see traffic on both sides of the road. But If the infrastructure and roads do not improve by then, god save us.
What he probably meant was, relatively less traffic while coming to office in the morning. That, compared to traffic in the evening, doesnt match up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
Agree, i find the traffic much more manageable in the morning than in the evening. Maybe it has something to do with everyone rushing off at 6 - 6:30, while no one is really in a hurry to reach office in morning.
Reason being, everyone has a different time to come to office. Some come early (before/by 9) and some later than that.
However, while leaving, 6:00 - 6:30 is on an average, a standard time.

Quote:
Just a thought - why not disallow trucks on HJW roads - during peak hours? Most times a lot of problems are caused by slow moving/ parked trucks as well.
Trucks (and other heavy vehicles) are banned from entering/exiting HJW during peak hours. That ban has been in place for quite a while.
No one enforces that ban, is another story though.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks