Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 10:58   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Yesterday encountered one of the moronic wealth of Hinjewadi.

I was approaching The Mariott and this bike guy appeared from no where accelerating and decelerating his bike between whatever gaps he had and when he could not find the gap he was just squeezing in between the cars. I had to literally stand on my brakes even at parking speeds to avoid hitting this moron. So I decided to have a word with him.

Translated into English:

If you squeeze in suddenly, I would be left with no braking distance and might end up hitting you, so please can you drive properly?

His intention to reply immediately was marred by the **** that he had in his mouth, so he rounded his mouth like an orifice and with high pressure spat out the saliva enhancing product in his mouth, most probably on my alloy wheels.

I excused him instantly! He then spoke.

Ask anyone in Hinjewadi, who will hit first.

Oh! You want to hit me? Thank you very much! Here I am trying to make you understand that you are in danger and you want to hit me? OK go ahead and hit me!

NO you are taller than I am! The idiotic expression he had on his face while saying this was beyond comprehension.
And probably heavier than you, but how does that matter, you are he-man of Hinjewadi, you can do anything!!

He seemed to have bought that, idiot!

But remember one thing, you could get away doing this for 10000 time, but 10001 time you might die. It does not matter who hits first in Hinjewadi when a truck mows you down, you would still die!

He then looks at me in a weird way and tells

OK it is my mistake, I did not ride properly and left the scene in a jiffy!

I seriously don't understand this complex in most people! Weird world!

Last edited by anilisanil : 30th September 2011 at 11:02.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 11:11   #692
Senior - BHPian

@Anil: Dont know whether to have a laugh at that morons expense, or to be awestruck! Man, common sense is so long dead.

@Amit: For some reasons I do not find those pictures shocking at all. Dont get me wrong, but this is a daily occurance. I agree, we can literally post these pics on the PTP FB page, till some action is taken.

On anotehr note, did anyone see the hero cop today? I saw him near the flyover and wanted to stop by to take his details. Unfortunately, there was traffic behind me,m hence couldnt. Lets see, while going back if I spot him, shal ask for details. Else on Monday.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:59   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

@Amit: For some reasons I do not find those pictures shocking at all. Dont get me wrong, but this is a daily occurance. I agree, we can literally post these pics on the PTP FB page, till some action is taken.
Yes Swanand i agree it is a everyday occurance and i also do not find it shocking when i see six seaters and bikers going that way.

But a tempo traveller and six seater in a race on the wrong side with a bus approaching was a new sight for me. Hence the shock.
Old 30th September 2011, 14:58   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hinjewadi Idiots for the day.
Ojas if you can please upload these as well on Facebook page. Thanks in advance. I think we should bombard the page with these snaps every day. Not very difficult to capture these.
This is sooo going to the PTP's page right away, number plate and all.

Thanks for your pics Amit. Lets bombard them with pics. I will dig up a few old ones from this thread and post them too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Yesterday encountered one of the moronic wealth of Hinjewadi.
If you squeeze in suddenly, I would be left with no braking distance and might end up hitting you, so please can you drive properly?

Ask anyone in Hinjewadi, who will hit first.

Oh! You want to hit me? Thank you very much! Here I am trying to make you understand that you are in danger and you want to hit me? OK go ahead and hit me!

I seriously don't understand this complex in most people! Weird world!
Whatever happens, I avoid interacting with these morons as much as possible. These people have a burning need to violently assert themselves, and I try to steer clear of them. Good that you encountered one who finally saw the light, even if it probably was to end the conversation.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 15:04   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
This is sooo going to the PTP's page right away, number plate and all.
Thanks for your pics Amit. Lets bombard them with pics. I will dig up a few old ones from this thread and post them too!
I added a few lines this morning to one of your posts on that FB page, but then realised it was an old one
I will keep an eye out and try to contrinute my 2 cents worth there as far as possible.

Quote:
Whatever happens, I avoid interacting with these morons as much as possible.
I am venturing a guess; you are not as tall as Anil?
Edit: going by the 'logic' of the biker in Anil's latest encounter. NOM

Last edited by selfdrive : 30th September 2011 at 15:20.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:07   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever happens, I avoid interacting with these morons as much as possible. These people have a burning need to violently assert themselves, and I try to steer clear of them. Good that you encountered one who finally saw the light, even if it probably was to end the conversation.
Yes, I think I should avoid conversing and I actually do, but this guy almost fell under my car and he knew that.

In fact, long before I started interacting a lot in TBHP, I saw an incident where a bike guy started denting the door of a car by hitting the handle bar against the door, all because the person in the car refused to roll down the window so that this bike chap could exchange a few pleasantries. This coupled with a few other such incidents generally discourages me sub-consciously.

But as a matter of fact, boiling point of blood is a bit lower in Pune than in other cities!!
Old 30th September 2011, 15:08   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I am venturing a guess; you are not as tall as Anil?
Nope. I am a measly five feet + a few insignificant inches. May match or surpass him in weight though!

One more thing I observed is, whenever I leave post 8 pm (but before 9), heavy truck traffic has already resumed on the Mezza9 route. Isnt that supposed to be banned till 9.30 pm?
Old 30th September 2011, 15:53   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more thing I observed is, whenever I leave post 8 pm (but before 9), heavy truck traffic has already resumed on the Mezza9 route. Isnt that supposed to be banned till 9.30 pm?
Ojas, the truck traffic is not allowed on Hinjewadi main roads till 8:30PM.
There is a board outside Wipro Ph2 (where all the truckers stop, blocking one lane out of the two lanes available ). The timings mentioned are 8:30AM to 12:00 Noon and 5:00PM to 8:30PM). Post that they can dare to venture on the main road.

OT: Filled fuel at the BP outlet in Ph2, and found out that Petrol is Rs 70 a litre there. So, I am guessing a Rs. 3 per litre saving, which is pretty good, considering the qaulity of fuel is not bad at all.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 30th September 2011 at 15:55.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 16:10   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a board outside Wipro Ph2 (where all the truckers stop, blocking one lane out of the two lanes available ). The timings mentioned are 8:30AM to 12:00 Noon and 5:00PM to 8:30PM). Post that they can dare to venture on the main road.

OT: Filled fuel at the BP outlet in Ph2, and found out that Petrol is Rs 70 a litre there. So, I am guessing a Rs. 3 per litre saving, which is pretty good, considering the qaulity of fuel is not bad at all.
So them trucks can run riot all afternoon? And is there anyone to keep a watch during the timings? I guess we all know

At 70 bucks a litre, can you get us some on your way back? Its a good business idea, will cover some of your commute costs
Old 30th September 2011, 17:26   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Ojas, the truck traffic is not allowed on Hinjewadi main roads till 8:30PM.

Dont be too surprised if they fill less fuel. Lots of cheating cases reported in all petrol pumps in Hinjewadi except the shell one.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:29   #701
Senior - BHPian

Some improvement on the stretch today. I am happy to assume that this is because of the pics posted on FB page. Thanks Sajo.

Today there were cops standing at different places - at the base of the flyover, near the marriott hotel (who was asking bikers to go back), near the plastic barricades (happy to see that those have also been put in place now). So because of this most of the bikers were at the correct side of the road.

But alas there is no dearth of idiots. I guess because of lack of manpower one of the cuts in the divider were left unmanned. This was reason enough for people to take the wrong lane. So what do i see by the time i reach near the end of the divider - Ford Fiesta, followed by a Rick and then finally a Tempo Traveller.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00102.jpg
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:16   #702
BHPian

Pics posted by Ojas on PTP Face book Page seemed to have done the trick. Things were different at 10:15 AM , No wrong siders

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00080201110031020.jpg
jealousdiamond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 11:00   #703
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Ojas's pics on PTP FB page seems to be working. Today, saw very few people take the wrong side, if at all. Not only that, the traffic also seemed to be pretty organized.

Well done Ojas!
Old 4th October 2011, 13:55   #704
Senior - BHPian

My dear fellow Hinjewadi Sufferers (Includes Hindi meaning as well) , I did nothing, honestly.
Today was a sight to behold. The heavy vehicle ban was being enforced by our tough cop , and a large crowd had gheraoed him. Ofcourse, he wasnt listening to anyone or giving in to anything.
Lots of reinforcements were being brought in the form of cops (big, well built guys on Bullets) for the rule enforcement.
Managed a bad quality pic of the crowd in front of dominoes. And the long line of trucks/mixers/dumpers behind them.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image147.jpg

Sorry for the quality and the frame as well. My camera phone is embarrassingly slow and I am embarrassingly bad at using it. Have realised that most of the times I manage to capture close up of my hand instead.

But yesterday evening on my way back could see trucks plying on the Mezza9 route (big jam btw) at 7 pm also.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 14:02   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today was a sight to behold. The heavy vehicle ban was being enforced by our tough cop , and a large crowd had gheraoed him. Ofcourse, he wasnt listening to anyone or giving in to anything.
Cool. What time was this? I guess i take the route early and do not see the cop in action.

He better be careful with these truck fellows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks