Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 19:28   #721
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Ojas - not too bad though. Took me 20 mins from wipro ph 2 circle to start of orange route. This was 25 mins ago. Typing this en route waiting at NH4 merge.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:36   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Ojas - not too bad though. Took me 20 mins from wipro ph 2 circle to start of orange route.
Thats good. Orange route must be non-crowded. Mezza9 one is though!

Quote:
This was 25 mins ago. Typing this en route waiting at NH4 merge.
Impressive. Though you could type all this while waiting tells something about the extent of the jam.

Wish I could do that when I am on the move. But my phone is just like me. Small, heavy, cumbersome and not very smart.
Old 6th October 2011, 07:41   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I harbour no such ambitions man!
Dude, you are not people
Perhaps the spitter infested buses dont travel via HJW, my bad
Old 7th October 2011, 11:00   #724
Senior - BHPian

Today morning was bliss on Hinjewadi roads. Most of the people must have taken an off today, making it a looong weekend. Absolute lack of traffic. For once, I was happy to be in Hinjewadi!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 11:12   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree. I drop my kid to her bus at 8:45 and usually reach work about 50 mins later. Today I was in by 9:18!

We should have more of these long weekends!
Old 7th October 2011, 12:32   #726
BHPian

. I took the opportunity of slightly less crowded roads to commute by by the 135 today. Also treated the bike to 2L of Shell regular!

Made me realize - again - how convenient a bike is for commute. Sticking to extreme left all the time is enough. There is no reason to cross over to incoming lanes just to get a 2 min advantage. Still people do it
Old 7th October 2011, 12:44   #727
Senior - BHPian

Well, I noticed no change today in the morning when I reached the bottle neck section at 8:25 in the morning. Reached office in the usual check in style. Lets see if the long weekend has any impact in the evening timings
Old 7th October 2011, 13:00   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Made me realize - again - how convenient a bike is for commute. Sticking to extreme left all the time is enough. There is no reason to cross over to incoming lanes just to get a 2 min advantage. Still people do it
I agree man. If it wasnt for the highway part in between, I would have brought my Pulsar to office more often.
Once I was on my way to office on the bike, and I saw a lady from our HR on hers a few feet ahead. Near Marriott , she went over to the wrong side, and I stuck to the extreme left,still reveling in how quickly I was making progress compared to the people waiting alongside in cars.
When I finally arrived in our parking, she was still there, finishing the process of parking up (though I agree its quite an elaborate process for Puneri women, involves removal+ folding of multiple clothing items etc ). Point is, the difference when on a two wheeler is about 5 minutes or less. Still people do it, in large numbers.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:54   #729
Senior - BHPian

Today, while coming to office I saw cops stopping all the six seaters outside Wipro circle Ph2. They were checking the license and PUC for all of them. Dont know the reason for this movement all of a sudden, but nonetheless, its a good move indeed.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:43   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Today, while coming to office I saw cops stopping all the six seaters outside Wipro circle Ph2. They were checking the license and PUC for all of them. Dont know the reason for this movement all of a sudden, but nonetheless, its a good move indeed.
PUC's for six seaters? I thought those guys were exempt.

But indeed a good move. The issue is that all these actions are done once in a blue moon and not regularly.
Old 11th October 2011, 13:48   #731
BHPian

Quote:
It takes about 80 Rs to get a PUC. Most of these drivers probably have DLs as well. The operators probably get these easy things done.

If a fine has to be imposed - Why not fine them for carrying more passengers than allowed or having non-functional electricals or if the vehicle is insured.

I am being skeptical, but the motive of checking could be something else - you know Diwali is approaching...and expenses increase.
Old 11th October 2011, 13:54   #732
Senior - BHPian

I think this is not the first time. If you check, there are plenty of ricks which have been impounded by the cops under the bridge too. This is the thing the drivers dread the most (since their income stops), they sorta keep their papers in order.

Does Hinjewadi come under Khadakwasla constituency ?
Old 11th October 2011, 14:34   #733
Senior - BHPian

Not only that, today noon, the PCMC guys were here cracking down on illegal construction. Basically, the tapri's outside most of the offices have been destroyed. It is another matter, that by nightfall they would be ready to conduct business again.

I remember it last year too, most of these tapri's were demolished during the festive season. So, the argument may stand true.

continued: Ojas, no HJW does not fall under Khadakwasla constituency. Its a part of PCMC and AFAIK, has a gram panchayat of its own (including various villages in the vicinity).
Old 11th October 2011, 14:42   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

continued: Ojas, no HJW does not fall under Khadakwasla constituency. Its a part of PCMC and AFAIK, has a gram panchayat of its own (including various villages in the vicinity).
continued: Hinjewadi comes under Mulshi constituency, no?
Old 11th October 2011, 14:44   #735
Senior - BHPian

It doesnt? Ohh, I thought it does because of all the photos of "Goldman" that were here for a few years. Which assembly constituency it falls into then ?

And yes, the tapri outside my office is gone too. It was there in the morning. After the required people are paid off, it will be back to normal soon.

EDIT : Just saw Anil's post. It is probably Mulshi constituency as well. In that case, MLA here is Sharad Dhamale. Or am I seeing 2004's data ?

Last edited by sajo : 11th October 2011 at 14:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks