Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 13:08   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I would suggest to go a step fruther. Charge a hefty fine as suggested above. Then note down the license number of the offender. Another offence recorded, results in cancellation of the license OR be jailed for a period of 3 to 6 months! That would teach them a lesson.

If not that harsh, note down the persons company name (from the ID), make a list of offenders from that particular company, and release it to the media. If the offender does'nt listen, his employer sure would!
Old 15th September 2011, 13:32   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I would suggest to go a step fruther. Charge a hefty fine as suggested above. Then note down the license number of the offender. Another offence recorded, results in cancellation of the license OR be jailed for a period of 3 to 6 months! That would teach them a lesson.

If not that harsh, note down the persons company name (from the ID), make a list of offenders from that particular company, and release it to the media. If the offender does'nt listen, his employer sure would!
Arey yaar Swanand, I agree with the jail part but the license negative point system wont work here.

Who checks licenses unless there is an offence. And even if it is checked, a fine of 100 bucks again? not enough!

treat traffic offences as attempt to something. for example, if I see a big SUV intimidating me on the road, with possibility of an accident, try that guy for attempt to maim? attempt to murder would be too much I guess?

there should then be a special separate court for traffic offences
Old 15th September 2011, 14:36   #618
BHPian

Need to know apart from the exit by HJW flyover and the underpass near Ginger is there any other route connecting to the highway? I live in Baner and past 2 days even after leaving as late as 8:30Pm it took me a hour.
Old 15th September 2011, 15:12   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
step 1: make it a % of vehicle OTR cost. 5% for 2 wheelers. 1% for 4 wheelers.
So a Pulsar will have to pay 5% of say 70000 = INR 3500 for this violation
A Jazz will have to pay 1% of say 7L = INR 7000 for the same violation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Well said and I agree whole-heartedly. Unless the fines are increased by 10-20x, the habits will not change.
Couldn't have been better

Quote:
I doubt the shameless educated morons would even be bothered with these steps , until it has a immediate monetary/social status effect on their lives . How many stupids offending the rules are even shameful of what they do daily .

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
if I see a big SUV intimidating me on the road, with possibility of an accident, try that guy for attempt to maim? attempt to murder would be too much I guess?
Why only a SUV is accused of disturbing the traffic always ,there are thousands of stupids driving all sorts of vehicles insanely .
Please lets not make a perception that SUV's don't drive safe , when I do .
Old 15th September 2011, 15:55   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Why only a SUV is accused of disturbing the traffic always ,there are thousands of stupids driving all sorts of vehicles insanely .
Please lets not make a perception that SUV's don't drive safe , when I do .
Might is right saar! And size is totally relative.

I dont venture anywhere near trucks and buses. Other than SUVs other vehicles will find it hard to push me off road. So by elimination and the powers vested in me by the state of imagination on Thursday afternoon, I declare SUVs to be the main risk to me on road

By the way, a second proposal for fines should be by vehicle size/ volume, no JD?
Old 15th September 2011, 16:27   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
There are 3 routes which is use to reach into Hinjewadi, refer to the attached picture, not very good quality though (I come from Pashan side, yellow colour arrow):
Adding to Meer's month old Hinjewadi route(s), got to do some offroading yesterday on my bike when I tried the Chandu - Nandu route

Route opted : Balewadi - Nande - Chande - Megapolis - Ph 2.
Please refer to the below image for exact clarity.

In the past, I had done the Sus Road - Symbiosis - Nande - Chande - Megapolis route; then the road was doable; especially if you cross the river to the Sus road side, even a car could do decent speeds without incurring too many potholes.

But the Balewadi route just takes the cake. Till the point (midway) where a huge residential construction (Kul something) is taking place, the road is doable (for bikes - not cars!). After that I just had to roll up my pants (actually did that), and take the bike through slush & mud until I reached Nande village when I moved on to tar roads.

Overall it took me nearly an hour from Balewadi to Phase 3, but it was fun.

Maybe if somebody has a SUV, then we could try it again!
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hinjewadi-routes.jpg  

Last edited by ninjatalli : 15th September 2011 at 16:29.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:28   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
I doubt the shameless educated morons would even be bothered with these steps , until it has a immediate monetary/social status effect on their lives . How many stupids offending the rules are even shameful of what they do daily.
JD, those offenders might not be directly affected due to this step, per se. But, when the company they work for gets into the limelight (for the wrong reasons), it would sure affect.
Look at it this way, if I as an employee break traffic rules often, and due to my behavior the company gets affected, I sure would get reprimanded by the employer.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:14   #623
BHPian

Quote:
JD, those offenders might not be directly affected due to this step, per se. But, when the company they work for gets into the limelight (for the wrong reasons), it would sure affect.
Look at it this way, if I as an employee break traffic rules often, and due to my behavior the company gets affected, I sure would get reprimanded by the employer.
IDEA Sirji, lets get back to school days..when you make mistake teachers ask to stand out of class holding your ears.
Same should be implemented, Traffic Rule Breaker should be stopped then asked to hold his ear's for complete one hour in sunlight with his company ID in his neck. There goes his time saving trics & I bet in whole life he/she wont dare to go wrong side.
shabahmad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 18:06   #624
BHPian

A long long time ago when I was riding my bicycle double seat, a traffic cop caught us and deflated the tires. He even kept the valve nuts.
So Rs 1 later (50 paise per nut) and 10 minutes of using the foot pump we are back on track.

I say, do the same offenders. Deflate one tyre. It's fast and painless. It would make them wait and sweat changing the tires.

How about that?
Old 16th September 2011, 09:04   #625
BHPian

Guys, severe traffic jam in the Mezza 9 route. Avoid it, unless it has got cleared by now. Went 1/4th into it, then U-turned and came by the middle road, where there is no road now :(
If possible work from home today.
Old 16th September 2011, 09:38   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Guys, severe traffic jam in the Mezza 9 route. Avoid it, unless it has got cleared by now. Went 1/4th into it, then U-turned and came by the middle road, where there is no road now :(
If possible work from home today.
That seems to have cleared now. I can see no congestion in the last 1/10th part atleast.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:11   #627
BHPian

No congestion at all @ 9 30- 9 45 am in the mezza9 route. Normal flow , till phase 2 and onwards. Not sure if its piling up now.
Old 16th September 2011, 11:13   #628
Senior - BHPian

Guys: It has finally happened! Our prayers have been answered. Today morning, in the usual jam in Hinjewadi, our hero cop was making sure that no one took the wrong side. If they did, they were promptly sent back.

Now, here's the kicker punch. This cop was keeping a close watch on a few bikers. Instead of going back all the way, a few bikers jumped the divider, creating more jams. My car was unfortunately right next to the divider. This hero cop comes up, stops those bikers, snatches the keys and throws them to the far left of the road . In a stern voice (that could probably rival Amitabh Bacchhan's) ordered them to go fetch, plus asked another cop to make sure these erring bikers didnt leave for 20 mins at least .

Hope this continues on a daily basis. I am a happy man today.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 16th September 2011 at 11:14.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 11:19   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This hero cop comes up, stops those bikers, snatches the keys and throws them to the far left of the road . In a stern voice (that could probably rival Amitabh Bacchhan's) ordered them to go fetch, plus asked another cop to make sure these erring bikers didnt leave for 20 mins at least .

Hope this continues on a daily basis. I am a happy man today.
If I were you, I would have stopped the car right there and would have video recorded the whole event and may be even give a salute or two to the hero cop.

But seriously, how about going to him(as a BIG group) and thanking him for the deeds? I am sure he will really feel good about it.
Old 16th September 2011, 11:30   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
If I were you, I would have stopped the car right there and would have video recorded the whole event and may be even give a salute or two to the hero cop.

But seriously, how about going to him(as a BIG group) and thanking him for the deeds? I am sure he will really feel good about it.
I had seriously thought of (still am!) getting a pic or two of his in action and then mailing them to police chief Ms.Borwankar along with the comments.Unfortunately, I can never manage to do that because I dont get a window seat in the bus. :(
How about we collectively post this on Pune Traffic Police's Facebook Page. Maybe the collective chatter can get their attention.

Most Viewed