Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:57   #466
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Yes, and it cant be all down to the lack of CV traffic. Because thats already restricted during peak hours.
Avoid the orange route (straight from HJW chowk if coming from Infy Ph1 side) these days. I bottomed my Swift for the second time in 10,000 kilometers one one of the craters there. Sunk in would be a better word. The road is completely unlit, with morons on high beams coming in from the other side.
Oh boy. What I dont understand is, WHY always during first few weeks of rains (drizzle/mild showers) the same piece of road gets washed away? I am sure after rains the civic authorities will again pass the tender for road repairs and make merry at our cost. Imagine the plight of two-wheelers plying through the stretch with trucks & lorries waiting for smallest opportunity to get into or out of the road.
Also, there is no roundabouts and the whole stretch is peppered with lot of cuts, which morons or otherwise make the full use of, causing traffic snarls. The same template is followed on Baner Road as well.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:58   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Avoid the orange route (straight from HJW chowk if coming from Infy Ph1 side) these days.
On the contrary, I find the route blessing in disguise. I have been taking the village route from Phase 3 to hjw chowk and then the Orange route and take a right to merge on the highway towards CC. Irrespective of time and conditions I take not more than 30-40 minutes to reach home at Bhavdhan. Which is awesome!
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:07   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
On the contrary, I find the route blessing in disguise. I have been taking the village route from Phase 3 to hjw chowk and then the Orange route and take a right to merge on the highway towards CC. Irrespective of time and conditions I take not more than 30-40 minutes to reach home at Bhavdhan. Which is awesome!
Yes, I agree about the steady progress which is possible on that road, but at the expense of being thrown around a bit. Guess we cant have it all after all! If only the gram panchayat repairs the same..
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:11   #469
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry, with all the routes and new ones being added, I am utterly confused. Which are the Orange/Red/Green routes in question, again?

The one I take is, turn right at Mindtree, join main road at the main chowk, cross the flyover, left after that and merge on highway. Is it my imagination, or the commuting time (in the evenings) has gone down noticably?
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:12   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I agree about the steady progress which is possible on that road, but at the expense of being thrown around a bit. Guess we cant have it all after all! If only the gram panchayat repairs the same..
Yeah we just need to be careful and requires some steering around the ditches. In fact I love driving in that stretch dodging the big craters.

I never scraped the notorious bottom of my Figo yet. So I am assuming it should be all the more fine in Swift and that scraping you mentioned should be some misjudgement.

Yes, I would love the road to be repaired sooner than later, but definitely prefer that to the stop and go bully traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I am sorry, with all the routes and new ones being added, I am utterly confused. Which are the Orange/Red/Green routes in question, again?

The one I take is, turn right at Mindtree, join main road at the main chowk, cross the flyover, left after that and merge on highway. Is it my imagination, or the commuting time (in the evenings) has gone down noticably?
We are talking about the road that goes straight from the Hinjewadi chowk while coming from Infosys Phase 1. This would take you to Ginger hotel junction where we need to take right to merge into the highway, this route saves 10-15 minutes easily, though a km or 2 lengthier.

Orange route is blue route in this map. I do not know how the name has come though, check this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2035486

Last edited by anilisanil : 22nd July 2011 at 12:25.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:19   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out this post or post # 222 of this thread by mmxylorider, who should really have no difficulty in tackling anything the HJW roads throw at him in his well..mmxylo.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:51   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
1. Whats this issue with Thursdays? I started off by 6pm from Ph-II and reached home (Balewadi) by 6:20. Was that because of tbhpians meet @M9, which I missed, AGAIN!!
2. Though the day before (Wed) was total packed, with trucks resting on one side of the road adjacent to Infy, causing pain in the wrong place. Took my old route via Chande village : Phase2->Phase3(TechM)->Left turn at the end of road->Right turn towards Chande Village->Again left near the board that shows Pirangut->Straight towards Pashan-Sus Road.

3. Though I, amitwlele and mmxylorider had driven the roads, must admit, at few places, the roads have deteriorated but there are still no moon craters.
1. It was a combination of it being a Thursday (other industries closed) and no commercial vehicles. T-BHP meet is not to be blamed for less traffic.

2. I was behind you. Rather i caught up with you on the small bridge. I did flash but i guess you were busy negotiating the craters.

3. Even though the craters are not huge the road has definitely deteriorated. I am not sure would be taking it during rains again.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:01   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
1. It was a combination of it being a Thursday (other industries closed) and no commercial vehicles. T-BHP meet is not to be blamed for less traffic.

2. I was behind you. Rather i caught up with you on the small bridge. I did flash but i guess you were busy negotiating the craters.

3. Even though the craters are not huge the road has definitely deteriorated. I am not sure would be taking it during rains again.
Oh, I thought I saw a red car in my rear view mirror, but forgot while "caring" for suspensions
Funnily google map shows a Hinjewadi-Mhalunge(village where Balewadi sports stadium is situated), and I saw a small road(?) at Chande village, but looking at the surface discouraged my car. Maybe someday will explore on bike.
(We take the route marked in red arrow to go towards Pashan-Sus road, whereas I am talking about the brown arrow)
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hjwroute.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2011, 14:20   #474
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, the road Google maps shows, is actually a road in the sanctioned develpoment plan. Now this sanction actually took place more than 3 years ago. But then, what good would our Govt be, if they did the work on time.

I was actually hoping to take the route you suggested, but with the current rains, I doubt that would happen so soon.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:39   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Rahul, the road Google maps shows, is actually a road in the sanctioned develpoment plan. Now this sanction actually took place more than 3 years ago. But then, what good would our Govt be, if they did the work on time.

I was actually hoping to take the route you suggested, but with the current rains, I doubt that would happen so soon.
Yes, I guess so, I tried to stretch my MMI by plying for a few metres on 'a road kind of thing' but it failed, so retraced back to the Sus Road route.
Well, if you have not traveled on the Sus-Road route, I would suggest to stay away during rains, as there are patches which are full of potholes and at times road is quite narrow, with trucks coming from opposite ends. I had discovered it almost a year ago, and use this route as a kind of 'getaway' from mad traffic at times
Old 25th July 2011, 16:31   #476
Senior - BHPian

There was some accident that took place near kalakhadak today morning. Guys coming in from Dange Chowk area had to face long queue's all through the morning. Do not know what or who or how, just got the info from a collegue.
Anyone coming from Dange chowk side, to confirm this?
Old 25th July 2011, 17:12   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
and I agree on this. I have been using this route for past 4-5 months. There has been a steady deterioration of the road condition, but it is still faster IMO. As long as you drive at 30-40 kmph, there should be no issue related to GC.
Old 25th July 2011, 17:35   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was some accident that took place near kalakhadak today morning. Guys coming in from Dange Chowk area had to face long queue's all through the morning. Do not know what or who or how, just got the info from a collegue.
Anyone coming from Dange chowk side, to confirm this?
Heard from someone that it was between an Alto and a truck. No other details though...
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 19:23   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Heard from someone that it was between an Alto and a truck. No other details though...
If the time was around 9:15am, I had witnessed an accident between a truck and bike, right at the dange chowk signal
Old 28th July 2011, 15:52   #480
Senior - BHPian

Today, being a Thursday, I was expecting less traffic on the routes in Hinjewadi. That did not seem to be the case though. Traffic right from IOC pump all the way till the main chowk. Have no clue as to why.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks