Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 11:01   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Does anyone know any place where I could rent a boat ? The rains have played havoc in Hinjewadi. Specially in DLF, since its close to a hill. All the water has started accumulating already.

Horrible traffic today morning. Pity those 2 wheelers who come to office all drenched.
Wonder what Mumbai must be like, flooding started?
Old 29th August 2011, 11:04   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Does anyone know any place where I could rent a boat ? The rains have played havoc in Hinjewadi. Specially in DLF, since its close to a hill. All the water has started accumulating already.

Horrible traffic today morning. Pity those 2 wheelers who come to office all drenched.
Wonder what Mumbai must be like, flooding started?
Actually i did not find the traffic any different to other days today. Not sure about the DLF area, but till Phase 2 it was quite okay. I reached office in 1 hour.

Mumbai is already flooded. I got to know that the trains are not working.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:29   #543
BHPian

when I came to office today ~1030 hrs, traffic was too much! Also, roads were flooded at specific locations. Dont know how much water will be logged on roads till evening.

Also spotted unfamiliar potholes all the way, which were not there till last weekend.

Quote:
Does anyone know any place where I could rent a boat ? The rains have played havoc in Hinjewadi.
If you manage to get a boat, Im ready for Carpool [ read Boatpool]
WDM007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 12:31   #544
Senior - BHPian

Rains always = Congestion. Better to leave early today to escape congestion. I plan to leave at 10 pm.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:57   #545
Senior - BHPian

About unfamiliar potholes, the road from Infy Phase 2 till DLF is riddled with all kinds of potholes. Familiar and unfamiliar. This is the same road that had potholes during last monsoons as well. Now, once this monsoon is over, they would undertake road repairs again. Why cant they do foolproof work in the first place?

Lots of water logging post Infy circle (Ph2 ). Since the road kinda dips, all the water from the nearby hills accumulates on the road. Saw a lot of cars hydroplaning today.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:35   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

I got delayed today- had to take care of some personal work in the morning. Was approaching HJW around 10.30, saw a HUGE jam on the Wakad flyover and the left turn was very slow moving.

Decided to take the Mezz 9 route instead but the Wakad underpass route was clogged all the way up to My Car and spilling on the highway.

Came back home (U turned at the Ravet underpass, which was also flooding a fair bit) and WFH for the day. Much better!
Old 29th August 2011, 18:03   #547
Senior - BHPian

Dunno how it would be later, but at the moment, there is a huge line of vehicles slowly moving along the Mezza9 route.
People may want to take the Bridge route. Not that it would be any less congested.

EDIT : BTW, when was the last time anyone saw HJW roads being repaired ?
Old 29th August 2011, 18:12   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Repairing generally takes place on weekends. I have never seen them doing reparing of roads on any working day.

EDIT: yes yes ! I have seen them putting a lot of soil on road on the patch between ICICI bank & HDFC Bank, near YES Bank. This happened last month. There were road rollers & dumpers etc also. But I will not call it as "repairing" as road got even more worse after that due to the rocks & mud.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:56   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are roads in Hinjewadi ? Wow, all this while I thought them to be mere pathways, broadened by regular traffic.

Last evening and today morning saw huge jams on the main roads. Took me 1:55 mins to reach home last evening. To add to the chaos, there are two Ganesh pandals coming up on the main road. One just after the flyover, making the already small road even smaller. The next one is just before the main chowk. Who gives permission for these anyways?

The least important people on Hinjewadi roads are us (IT folks).
Old 30th August 2011, 11:24   #550
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening, my bus took the orange route, and even though the traffic there was less,it took us some time and we soon saw why.
A canal/nullah was overflowing with surprising ferocity over a bridge(bridglet?) which had no railings.
An unsuspecting pedestrian or two wheeler could have been swept away by the force.

Quote:
The least important people on Hinjewadi roads are us (IT folks).
Honestly, why would we be important ? We dont even get to vote for the people who run things in Hinjewadi. Those who do can get away with lots of bullying anyway.

PS and OT : What is Changbhale (चांगभले) Group ? Why do a large amount of cabbies have this on written on their cars ? And why do they have a separate office which they tried to make it look like a corporate office ? As far as I know, or have heard, they just send around thugs for a bit of punch up if any of their members gets into an altercation anywhere with any other motorist.
Very seedy. And sad.
Old 30th August 2011, 11:48   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, why would we be important ? We dont even get to vote for the people who run things in Hinjewadi. Those who do can get away with lots of bullying anyway.
Very true. That is the sorry state of affairs unfortunately.

Quote:
PS and OT : What is Changbhale (चांगभले) Group ? Why do a large amount of cabbies have this on written on their cars ? And why do they have a separate office which they tried to make it look like a corporate office ? As far as I know, or have heard, they just send around thugs for a bit of punch up if any of their members gets into an altercation anywhere with any other motorist.
Very seedy. And sad.
AFAIK, this Changbhale (चांगभले) group is formed by the locals of Hinjewadi. All the cabbies who support this activity (whatever that they do) use that as a get away from everything. Be it the law or the cops. Even cops are vary of catching these guys. They are nothing but a bunch of thugs, with their office, in the Gram Panchayat building (of all places!). It is indeed sad and seedy.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:39   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, this Changbhale (चांगभले) group is formed by the locals of Hinjewadi. All the cabbies who support this activity (whatever that they do) use that as a get away from everything. Be it the law or the cops. Even cops are vary of catching these guys. They are nothing but a bunch of thugs, with their office, in the Gram Panchayat building (of all places!). It is indeed sad and seedy.
Someone (a cabbie) was just telling me that they have got immense political patronage from everybody and their uncle(+nephew). That makes them quite untouchable and beyond reproach.
Hinjewadi motorists need to be careful around these guys.
Old 30th August 2011, 17:14   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening, my bus took the orange route, and even though the traffic there was less,it took us some time and we soon saw why.
A canal/nullah was overflowing with surprising ferocity over a bridge(bridglet?) which had no railings.
An unsuspecting pedestrian or two wheeler could have been swept away by the force.
There were few locals at that point to assist in case things went south. I waited till the tempo in front crossed giving me about 30 ft of open road, gunned in 1 gear and drove in. I tell you the force was significant. I was in the Estilo. My melody horn (16 tone, Made in C*) is a bit muted now, probably due to water gone in.
This is still the fastest way out of HJW.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:14   #554
Senior - BHPian

Wow, god bless long weekends. Had an amazing time driving into work this morning.
Home to office in 25 mins flat! To all those who are on leave today - My car, my left leg and me thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:19   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Amen to that. 16 minutes end to end, fabulous!

Have a question for orange route regulars like mmxylorider: does the small twisty left turn before HJW chowk connect to the orange route? I have seen many cars dart into that and same about 5 mins while I navigate the slow moving traffic till the chowk and take the left there. I have been tempted to follow but the thought of landing up in some dead end or confronted by angry locals after driving into someone's backyard stops me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks