Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 10:11   #481
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

The orange route is in real bad shape these days. There is a spot where water has accumulated and is covering some real deep potholes. The route is still the fastest but this one and numerous others on the route have become a real hazard. Be careful, folks!
mmxylorider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 16:29   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
The orange route is in real bad shape these days. There is a spot where water has accumulated and is covering some real deep potholes. The route is still the fastest but this one and numerous others on the route have become a real hazard. Be careful, folks!
I am taking the "village" route. 2-3-4 non stop driving. Reach home within 40-50 minutes. I don't think it is any worse than the normal roads :P
Old 1st August 2011, 20:05   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Do you comfortably travel on it in your Estilo ? (Or is the road just MMXYLO worthy?) As I said in an earlier post, thanks to a combination of darkness, rainwater, high beams and misjudgment , managed to bottom my Swift badly there last week, which is quite widely considered as one of the most unbottomable of Indian cars.

Has anybody reached home yet ? Can see a long (standtill) line of tail lamps on the Mezza9 route.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:20   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Sajo, was planning to leave now. Is it still bad?
Old 1st August 2011, 20:53   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sajo, was planning to leave now. Is it still bad?
Sorry for the late reply (I do have occasional work-ish phases, which I try hard to snap out of! ) ,but some amount of congestion still seems to be there.
I am here for some more time, lets see if it clears out by 9.30.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:21   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks sajo...waited for your reply then left around 8.45, so must've just missed it last night. Traffic was a bit heavy in Phase 1. The fools have made the U-turn after Wakad flyover illegal AGAIN- why don't they just decide and stick to it?

So I turned left at the flyover and U-turned near Europa Skoda. Not much congestion.
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:53   #487
Senior - BHPian

^I agree. Why cant the authorities just stick to one rule. Make it legal at times, and then all of a sudden its illegal.

For some certain reasons, I always stick to the other route (left after the flyover) and merge onto the highway below the flyover.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:26   #488
Senior - BHPian

^^ , atleast the route on the left is now well lit. Or rather, lit. Thanks to some builder who starting a project there.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:27   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Do you comfortably travel on it in your Estilo ? (Or is the road just MMXYLO worthy?) As I said in an earlier post, thanks to a combination of darkness, rainwater, high beams and misjudgment , managed to bottom my Swift badly there last week, which is quite widely considered as one of the most unbottomable of Indian cars.
The Estilo seems to be taking this road well. I tend to drive close to the road edge at this water logged point. My observation being that the holes are generally towards the center. If there is a vehicle in front, even better since I get to see where the crater are and drive around them or through them as the case might be. No issues for the beast (xylo) though!!
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:15   #490
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for the bad quality cell phone pic, but with it clouding over like this, expect evenings to be "jam" packed.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-untitled.png

PS : Taken from my desk.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:54   #491
Senior - BHPian

^Ojas: Thats rubbing it in you know . This pic of yours actually says a lot. On one hand you say that "jams" are quite likely, and then on the other you gently add a foot note - saying "Taken from my desk". Remeber @Remi's words? You are Sanjay from Mahabharata and we are Dhritarashtra!
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:21   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Apologies for the bad quality cell phone pic, but with it clouding over like this, expect evenings to be "jam" packed.
Thank god i am operating from home today.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:59   #493
Senior - BHPian

A fine a day keeps the wrongsiders away.

A well built cop with thick danda in one hand and walkie-talkie in another was enough to deter most people from trying out their usual antics. Could still see some Indicabs and Santros taking a U-turn midway though.
I hope this drive continues every day and not just for a day or two, as people do not obey anything without danda .
This has been mostly true for this entire week. I am cautiously optimistic about improvement now.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 16:40   #494
Senior - BHPian

Has the entire strecth of the main road become a no parking zone?
Last evening, saw at least 10 cars with jammers on the tyres. One tough looking cop (not a mama/pandu), was there to make sure no bribes were paid. He was actually giving a challan to all offenders!
Old 5th August 2011, 16:51   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Has the entire strecth of the main road become a no parking zone?
Last evening, saw at least 10 cars with jammers on the tyres. One tough looking cop (not a mama/pandu), was there to make sure no bribes were paid. He was actually giving a challan to all offenders!
Was he the one wearing a black beret ?

If so, I am was referring to him wonly in my post earlier.
The other day, he challaned a haphazardly parked JCB. The owner (very typical, gold sunglasses, white Swift DDis, Super dark tints, you get the drift...) , probably a Hinjewadi resident, was shocked that his bullying tactics were not working on this guy.
Whoever he is, he is doing a real commendable job.

Editing my post for swanand's reply :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Even last evening, this dude of ours actually had the guts to challange a local driving his SUV on the wrong side of the road. He made him stop, charged the fine, and then made him take a U-Turn and drive the right way!
You know what happens to such people right? They get transferred :( !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Rolled down the windows today and gave him a thumbs up. He waved back too. Least i could have done.
Good call! Maybe we should all send a communication to the police higher ups commending the guy.

Last edited by sajo : 5th August 2011 at 17:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks