Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 14:47   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
How about a placard on your rear wind shield reading " I want wider roads"!
Some would say "then drive a narrower vehicle!" just kidding man, dont lynch me for that
btw, are there any car pooling initiatives being taken by the companies in HJW? Or is it left to the devices of like minded employees?
Old 9th June 2011, 15:44   #332
Senior - BHPian

^^ I believe that these things are more the merrier. "Der aaye durust aaye".

@Selfdrive: Their are car pooling initiatives taken, but the problem with that is, not all come to office and more importantly leave office at the same time.
What if, one of the car occupant has a call and has to stretch is office hours? More importantly, what if the owner of the car has a call?

@Anil: I agree, silent protests are not what we are looking at, but then if we do shout slogans, then how different would we be than the others? Something's better than nothing right?
Old 9th June 2011, 16:03   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
^^ I believe that these things are more the merrier. "Der aaye durust aaye".

@Selfdrive: Their are car pooling initiatives taken, but the problem with that is, not all come to office and more importantly leave office at the same time.
What if, one of the car occupant has a call and has to stretch is office hours? More importantly, what if the owner of the car has a call?

@Anil: I agree, silent protests are not what we are looking at, but then if we do shout slogans, then how different would we be than the others? Something's better than nothing right?
Swanand, I really wonder whether vocal or silent the protests will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. One can try but silent protests rarely work on the thick skinned decision makers. Anyway I do seriously hope that these protests work.

Car pool is an option I tried but then as you have rightly pointed out if the timings don't match one of the car pool party will suffer. Also given the poor transport situation past 7-30 pm car pools are really a challenge unless you have a fixed time coming in and going back.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:04   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Received the following information from my office.

'Hinjewadi First’ starts off on 10th June 2011 with a peaceful gathering at Hinjewadi. We appeal to you to step out of your campuses on the streetsat 5 pm and hold placards to voice our demands. The movement will be followed by an address by the key members of HIA and the unveiling of the ‘Hinjewadi First’ logo on I2IT premises.

Anyone planning to join this? I am thinking of going there.
Yes, I'm planning to be there too. Though not sure whether I shall be free to go to Phase 1 by that time.

- Well for guys in Infy, 10th June also happens to be the day when we say good bye to two of our very senior members - K Dinesh and TVM Pai. The live telecast of their farewell starts at 6 pm.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:18   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Car pool is an option I tried but then as you have rightly pointed out if the timings don't match one of the car pool party will suffer. Also given the poor transport situation past 7-30 pm car pools are really a challenge unless you have a fixed time coming in and going back.
True, the public transport options from there to town are pathetic to say the least. It would have been wonderful if a dedicated metro line or at least an AC Volvo bus service would have been planned right from the offset.
Nevertheless, I hope you guys have spoken a lot before the silence (similar to eating a lot before fasting?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Well for guys in Infy, 10th June also happens to be the day when we say good bye to two of our very senior members - K Dinesh and TVM Pai. The live telecast of their farewell starts at 6 pm.
End of an era? Were/ are any of you impacted by this change either directly or indirectly?

Last edited by selfdrive : 9th June 2011 at 16:20.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:22   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
btw, are there any car pooling initiatives being taken by the companies in HJW? Or is it left to the devices of like minded employees?
Some like-minded employees in our company started an innovative car pooling idea. It seems to be working since the BB is quite active on that front.

I've signed quite a few 'code of conduct' docs related to social networking, internet etc etc so not sure if I should be getting into additional details.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:55   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Some like-minded employees in our company started an innovative car pooling idea. It seems to be working since the BB is quite active on that front.
I have been giving lift to people going to Kothrud every night. Just post it on the BB and if anyone is interested they can join in. But i doubt this is reducing the car traffic as most of the times the people who join are the ones who miss their regular bus.

Its getting really dark outside. I guess its going to be one long drive tonite.
Old 9th June 2011, 17:22   #338
BHPian

Forget the protest or whatever they are calling it for some time .
Hows the road status ?? It has been raining continuosly since morning , guess whats the status .... ??
Old 9th June 2011, 17:48   #339
Senior - BHPian

The rain has eased a bit here in Yerawada/ Bund Garden area. While it is still overcast everywhere, I hope the rain will hold up for some time. Not that the traffic will be any lighter though, especiallyin the HJW parts
Sorry guys, it does look really gloomy
Old 9th June 2011, 18:44   #340
Senior - BHPian

Left phase 3 at 5:30, reached home at normal time. Biggest pain point is vehicles wanting to u turn after flyover. That is the ONLY cause of the jams as of now. Otherwise fine.
Old 9th June 2011, 18:50   #341
Senior - BHPian

Live Traffic Update :
Surprisingly congestion free at this moment. Smooth flow all the way till my eye can see on the Mezza9 route. No congestion on the main road visible either (no idea of the stuff after the chowk).
Time to sneak out of this meeting I guess.
Old 9th June 2011, 20:14   #342
Senior - BHPian

Reached home in a pretty decent time. No traffic apart from the usual one. And as Anil rightly pointed, the only traffic you encounter, is the U-Turn waala traffic.

Ojas: Meant to ask you for a long time now, since you keep on giving live updates and since you mention Mezza9, do you by any chance work in the company thats bang opposite Mezza9? .
Old 9th June 2011, 20:29   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Ojas: Meant to ask you for a long time now, since you keep on giving live updates and since you mention Mezza9, do you by any chance work in the company thats bang opposite Mezza9? .
Oh Boy he works with probably the IT division of the BIG engine manufacturer ( bang on the Hinjewadi Chowk ) , the company that says " Bebbe ki kasam "

On the traffic , its good to hear its easy and free flowing

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 9th June 2011 at 20:31.
Old 10th June 2011, 07:17   #344
Senior - BHPian

All this week i have been leaving office in Phase 2 at 7.30 PM and it has been a breeze. Turning left at Mezza 9 and did not have to stop an any point all the way to the signal that leads to the highway

My guess is people have rescheduled the times and are leaving office early.

@ojas - Thanks for the live updates. Keep them coming.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:12   #345
Senior - BHPian

Huge traffic jams before the octroi post bridge. The road before the bridge caved in causing the vehicles to slow down and people are soon joining from the service roads causing chaos. Was stuck and it took at least 20-30 minutes more than my normal time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks