Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 12:47   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Is that the area around where KUL Ecoloch and other residential complexes are coming up? For years they have been selling the story of a mythical bridge that will cut across there and bypass the worst of Hinjewadi traffic Don't think you can give much credence to those!
I am not sure , KUL Ecoloch is bit further down the road, this is right at the tip of the road that goes alongside VIITS. A security chap in my office was telling me that it is "almost complete" and one can start using that route soon.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 13:00   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am not sure , KUL Ecoloch is bit further down the road, this is right at the tip of the road that goes alongside VIITS. A security chap in my office was telling me that it is "almost complete" and one can start using that route soon.
If thats true, good news for me. Just bought a flat in Phase 1. Will cut my comute time for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Maybe you guys need a Metro route. Now we will have one for Kharadi (counting the years to retirement, I dont think I will be able to use it for the commute!).
Its being worked on I beleive.
http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...blems-3732927/
Could not find the exact clipping, but I remember reading in the print edition of Time of India that Shivaji Nagar-Hinjewadi route has been approved. May take years to come through though.
Old 15th December 2016, 11:11   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I feel Hinjewadi needs a special bus lane.
Looks like they heard you and did a trial run today. There was a barricaded bus lane starting from the flyover till Hinjewadi Chowk/Phase I signal, where the buses would take left into phase 1 till the Infy/Wipro circle and then take on their respective routes.

Got told that this system was actually a mess and caused more traffic than usual. So not sure if it will be continued
Old 15th December 2016, 11:38   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Looks like they heard you and did a trial run today. There was a barricaded bus lane starting from the flyover till Hinjewadi Chowk/Phase I signal, where the buses would take left into phase 1 till the Infy/Wipro circle and then take on their respective routes.

Got told that this system was actually a mess and caused more traffic than usual. So not sure if it will be continued
It will be. I believe that left on Phase 1 from the chowk is always packed in the mornings?. I think better would be to make the left road one way. Some thing like attached pic? Green lines for two ways and black line for one way (One way from CHowk towards Lemon tree)? Maybe?

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hinjewadi.jpg

Last edited by vibbs : 15th December 2016 at 11:46.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:58   #1835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like they heard you and did a trial run today. There was a barricaded bus lane starting from the flyover till Hinjewadi Chowk
I entered that lane today by mistake while going to office around 2pm.
Didn't know what that lane was created for since there was no board at start of lane. It caused Chaos even at 2pm, cant imagine what must have happened at peak hours

Instead of this they should have created a BUS lane on opposite side road, where on most days they create a bike lane during morning peak hours.
Old 20th December 2016, 14:56   #1836
Senior - BHPian

[quote=centaur;4110041] There was a barricaded bus lane starting from the flyover till Hinjewadi Chowk/Phase I signal, where the buses would take left into phase 1 till the Infy/Wipro circle and then take on their respective routes.
Quote:
Didn't know what that lane was created for since there was no board at start of lane.
Actually, the start of the lane has absolutely no indicator, though there were cops for the past couple of days.

This is the start :

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-screenshot_20161220141922.png

And here you find the lane actually disappearing into the dirt shoulder.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-screenshot_20161220142805.png

And the actual board (Notice, tilted in blue)

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-screenshot_20161220143016.png

Quote:
I am all for bus lanes, it will encourage people to take the bus if implemented properly. And its not just an implementation issue, it is a compliance issue with the public as well. Most simply ignore cops and simply drive in whichever lane that takes their fancy. Just check the number of people driving in the "bus lane".
Old 20th December 2016, 16:55   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, the start of the lane has absolutely no indicator
Thats common place across Pune. Many one ways also dont have proper visible indications/demarcations and you get fined with a cop hiding somewhere down the lane.
Old 20th December 2016, 17:16   #1838
Senior - BHPian

^^ They are not actually fining anyone, are they ? Does it help buses move faster during peak hours ? BTW, I also saw a Metrozip bus narrowly missing a two wheeler riding on the wrong side , because of the barricades, he isnt left with much wiggle room on either side.
Old 9th January 2017, 18:13   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, a new road is now open for all.

Attachment 1584386
This new road is now causing more jams in the evening than before. While cops are physically present at the junction, they hardly do anything to make things better. Previously, after wipro circle, the road used to be almost/relatively free till near mezza 9 but now even after you exit the wipro circle, there is heavy traffic till this junction after which it eases out. Probably cops should consider closing this line in the evenings and have the good old route from Mezza 9 itself.

In mornings, the time interval for cars from this road to get onto the main road is very less. So you end up spending a lot of time waiting in the lane. Just dont think its helping much apart from having a good concrete road to drive a little ahead of Mezza 9
Old 9th January 2017, 18:23   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This new road is now causing more jams in the evening than before.
They should officially start a wrong side lane till that turn in to new road.
This way all those who want to go straight can go without mingling with people who intend to turn left.

I have seen traffic as late as 9pm due to that new road. People take rightmost lane even when they are going to turn left
Old 9th January 2017, 18:35   #1841
BHPian

I doubt they will do that but the least they can do is close it out in the evening and keep it open in the mornings. Evenings 6-9 it should be completely closed -both lanes
Old 9th January 2017, 19:00   #1842
BHPian

Hinjewadi roads and infrastructure is a grim example of the lack of planning and general incompetence of the civic bodies involved.

It is rumoured that the structural integrity of the Wakad flyover has been so severely compromised that it's life has been reduced by about 50% already - due to the unaccounted-for volume of vehicular traffic (which also includes heavy vehicles).

The poorest part of the planning is that people who intend to go directly to Phase 3 (TCS, Tech M etc.) have to go via Phases 1 & 2. The road leading to Phase 3 via Mann gaon or Susgaon is in a terrible condition and cannot be used daily. The only direct connectivity to Phase 3 is via the Pirangut route, which is a lifesaver.

Also these days there are horrible jams in the evening on the highway from Wakad to Chandni chowk near the Audi showroom due to the bottleneck caused by the service road.

I've been working at Hinjewadi since 2008, wonder when things will improve. Still hopeful despite no visible progress over 8 years!
Old 11th January 2017, 17:35   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hinjewadi Industries Association and MIDC have jointly resolved to provide a solution to the transport chaos in Hinjewadi.

For that , they need a couple of minutes of your time to fill up the below survey (incase you havent done that already) :

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FYY6NLC

I have entered my preference as a comfortable, airconditioned bus, with frequent pickups and drops.
Digging up an old post. Looks like the survey did indeed have an effect leading the eventual launch of Metrozip. No idea how effective it has been in reducing traffic, but atleast they tried.
I believe another HIA-MIDC joint initiative needs to come up for alternative routes as well.
Old 11th January 2017, 17:45   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen traffic as late as 9pm due to that new road. People take rightmost lane even when they are going to turn left
Sent a feedback to the cops on the Pune traffic police app about closing this road in the evenings from 5-8 PM. The irony is that there are around 6-7 cops and hawaldars at this junction but they are busy talking between themselves and do nothing to reduce the congestion.

In a way I dont complain about them because the people in the traffic are supposed to be one of the most educated lot in the country and if they show such mannerisms but not even respecting fellow motorists, they deserve to be in traffic jams

Quote:
Digging up an old post. Looks like the survey did indeed have an effect leading the eventual launch of Metrozip. No idea how effective it has been in reducing traffic, but atleast they tried.
I believe another HIA-MIDC joint initiative needs to come up for alternative routes as well.
Metrozip has been there for a while and unfortunately they have not been of much help. I hear the routes are expensive and they, until recently, did not come till some companies which are on the right at the circle ahead of DLF. So many did not even opt for it. They actually have a metrozip delite which is an all AC bus and a metrozip green as well which is wifi enabled. However, all these 3 are different companies even if they share the same "metrozip" name tag
Old 11th January 2017, 18:26   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Metrozip has been there for a while and unfortunately they have not been of much help.
Yes.. I hope HIA and MIDC use their combined clout again with the "dadas" and "bhaus" of the area who smirk at us from giant hoardings to work on more road/route related issues now that widening and better public transport (?) seems to not have had any effect at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
I've been working at Hinjewadi since 2008, wonder when things will improve. Still hopeful despite no visible progress over 8 years!
I am another oldie (10 yrs, Sshh..) , and things have improved I think, by a teeny weeny bit. The chowk was stamp sized in comparison, and looked more like a small town you pass from the highway than the gateway to what was supposed to be a showcase of what was possible in India. The entrance after Wakad bridge too was narrow and about half the width it is now. I believe all road building unfortunately was directly as a result of builders showing an interest in the area directly benefiting the politicians than anything else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks