Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 10:41   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Guys be careful. Thak thak gang seems to be active in Hinjewadi and nearby areas. Had an encounter last Sunday. More details on the below post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4572077 (The Thak Thak gang - Fake accident, then extortion)

This was at the end of one way stretch near Mind tree joining the phase 2 road. Be careful.
Old 15th April 2019, 16:49   #1892
BHPian

Guys, has the traffic diversion from Hinjewadi chowk to IOC Pump active? How is the traffic at Bhumkar?
Old 15th April 2019, 19:10   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, has the traffic diversion from Hinjewadi chowk to IOC Pump active? How is the traffic at Bhumkar?
No not yet. All though it's been circulating in quite a few watsapp group it has not been implemented on ground yet!!
Old 13th June 2019, 10:07   #1894
BHPian

Few updates from Phase3 to Hinjawadi chowk:

1: Rotary at Infosys circle is shortened & expected to leveled by this weekend.
2: I see barricades being setup at Tech Mahindra Circle (Ph-3) with says Hinjawadi- ShivajiNagar Metro. Looks like work is going to start soon, or has already started somewhat. Get ready for more clogged traffic with rainy season coming in & this construction on the way when the work for other pillars start.
Old 27th June 2019, 18:01   #1895
BHPian

I might be too late in posting this, but anyone travelling in Hinjawadi looking to take a left from Shivaji Chowk to reach Bhumkar chowk, please avoid this turn. There is a broken PCMC bus parked immediately after the turn towards Bhumkar. It is parked such a way that is has completely blocked the left lane. As usual vehicles on the right lane going towards Ph1 will leave you no space to go around the broken bus.

The bus' propeller shaft is broken.
Old 5th August 2019, 10:39   #1896
BHPian

If anyone wants to know the status of the roads, it is clear from wakad flyover to Hinjewadi Phase 1, 2, 3, with very minimal traffic. But you might have to take slight detours reaching to Wakad chowk as there is waterlogging at Mankar chowk.
Old 5th August 2019, 13:01   #1897
BHPian

The new bridge that was constructed on the service lane after Holiday inn on the Balewadi-Wakad stretch has been closed (Main bridge on the highway is operational). The newly inaugurated bridge's structural integrity has been compromised and deemed unsafe.
So the usual traffic jam on the Balewadi stadium to Surya Hospital stretch is back. However, Hinjewadi is smooth on account of most companies advising employees to work from home.
Also, Indryani river has breached its banks and many close by societies and establishments have submerged.
Many patients from Surya hospital in Wakad and Jupiter hospital in Baner had to be moved to different hospitals.
I saw water filled totally into the lower parking level in Surya hospital on my way to office today.
Old 12th September 2019, 18:10   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Wow! The fact that no one discussed yesterday's torture here means we all have accepted our fate with Hinjewadi traffic.

I was one such fool who spent 2 hours going from CDC to Wipro circle, to eventually return back to office. I thought max it will take me 2 hours to reach wakad and I was ok with that, but things were really horrible.

Heard stories of people who started by bus from Quadron taking 5 hours to reach wakad and beyond.

This tells me that no one cared about IT employees, they could have easily allowed one way traffic.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 18:24   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Wow! The fact that no one discussed yesterday's torture here means we all have accepted our fate with Hinjewadi traffic.

I was one such fool who spent 2 hours going from CDC to Wipro circle, to eventually return back to office. I thought max it will take me 2 hours to reach wakad and I was ok with that, but things were really horrible.

Heard stories of people who started by bus from Quadron taking 5 hours to reach wakad and beyond.

This tells me that no one cared about IT employees, they could have easily allowed one way traffic.

I was stuck at Wipro for half an hour. The bus barely moved 200m in that duration. I then got off it and walked till the Wakad Bridge. Took me around an hour. Was a pleasant walk especially because there were barely any vehicles on the road after D-Mart.
AlQuazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 18:25   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
I left for home from office around 8.30 yesterday.
Started from Wipro circle and saw total stagnant traffic, so took a u turn towards Ph3 (Being on motorcycle helped), from there via Maan road to Ph1 Infosys circle then from there via small lanes (followed a few cabs, as they usually know the alternate routes) joined Hinjewadi main road at Shell petrol pump. From there on there was no traffic at all, since the Shivaji Chowk behind was closed. . Took me 1 hour to reach from Wipro circle to home in Balewadi. But I know a lot of people who were stuck for more than 2 hours who went straight ahead from Wipro circle towards Shivaji Chowk.

Last edited by ishan12 : 12th September 2019 at 18:27.
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 11:52   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
I started at 6:15 from Quadron. Straight away took the Chande-Balewadi sports complex road. The road is absolutely pathetic for a KM or two from Chande. Reached home at 7:30. I saw many cars brush their floor to the road in crater sized potholes.

Would have taken me 40-50 minutes flat to reach waked; if not for
1: MY fellow S-Ride passengers (All Females - NOM), who might have thought that I am talking them for a ride on Pre-text of heavy traffic & were reluctant for this raod straight away. Had to drive past Maan to show them the traffic & return as the road to Phase-1 from Maan was choked by three lines of traffic till Gayatri petrol pump well before Joshi Wadewale. If I had gone past this, I would have taken internal road till Madhuban restaurant & taken a U-Turn from Indian Oil Pump.
2: An EECO right in front of me, which got stuck in a ditch after Chande. Took around 30 minutes to take him off the hole. Rest was a breeze.

If I calculate the time that I wasted driving past Maan & coming back, I would have been way ahead of this car & reached much early.

PS: A Six Lane bridge over Mula (Co-ordinate : 18°34'08.5"N 73°43'59.5"E) is ready & partially operation (for Bikes only), which connects Maan Gaaon via Joyville to Mahalunge (CHande-Balewadi road).

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 15th September 2019 at 11:53.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:11   #1902
Senior - BHPian

It used to take me 20-25 mins when I started at 10pm to reach wakad.
Since last 3-4 days, its taking almost 45 mins.

Thanks to some machinery put up just before iAmsterdam junction.
God save us when they really start working on Metro.

I have also heard of 6 lane road, it should help.Need to see the traffic dynamics once that road opens and metro work starts.

Also is anyone aware of what route the metro is taking?
Old 22nd September 2019, 10:11   #1903
BHPian

Not sure if I should be posting here or the New MV thread.

But Pune traffic Police is on a role in & Around Wakad/Hinjewadi - for all outer state vehicles. Saw a number of them lined up & drivers lined up around the officers with papers in hand at Bhumkar Chowk today morning. Cars & Bikes including.
Few at Shivaji Chowk as well.
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:44   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to some machinery put up just before iAmsterdam junction.

Also is anyone aware of what route the metro is taking?
Thats the soil testing machine and is only doing the preliminary analysis for the actual work to begin. Once it begins, we are in for really long traffic jams and hours in traffic no matter what time you leave.

To my knowledge the route is on the main Hinjewadi route from the Wakad bridge till Megapolis. Would be coming in from Balewadi and pass Holiday Inn to then turn into Hinjewadi. However I also heard that the route had been changed. So not completely sure now
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 10:47   #1905
BHPian

Yesterday, it took me 1 hour 45 minutes to reach Baner from Hinjewadi Phase 1. Major blockages were at two places: First was to reach the main Hinjewadi-Aundh road from phase 1 Infosys circle. Second was to cross Bhumkar chowk. I could see a broken down PMPL bus near Bhumkar chowk. I don't know what caused the first blockage.
b_naresh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks