Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 12:43   #1906
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I stay in Balewadi near MITCON college and commute to office in Phase 2. Looking at the absolute madness and chaos that Hinjewadi traffic has become in last few weeks, I have purchased a pre owned Activa for 30k, solely for the purpose of commute to office.
I hate taking my Creta to office because of the crazy traffic and driving a manual car means coming home to a knee ache daily. Also my office timings are a bit skewed so by the time I reach office at 11 AM, I have to park the car on the 9th floor or on the 10th floor of the parking building which is again irritating.
Also, being in the constant anxiety of some stupid biker/ cab driver scratching your car in the traffic is something I hate.
Have been taking the Interceptor often to office, but again given the traffic I have decided not to.
would rather take the bike only when I feel like, else it is the Activa.
There is really no need of a second car at home, so buying a small automatic did not make sense.
Given the upcoming metro construction work, an Activa made all the sense to me.

Last edited by ishan12 : 25th September 2019 at 12:45.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 14:26   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
Yesterday, it took me 1 hour 45 minutes to reach Baner from Hinjewadi Phase 1..
It took me 2.30 hours to reach Wakad from ph3. Was stuck in standstill traffic on Chande Nande. had to turn back since that road was closed for traffic due to overflowing nullah.

Hinjewadi traffic is reaching new lows. We can expect the worst to come once metro work starts.

What are your options?
Old 25th September 2019, 15:00   #1908
BHPian

It took me 2.5 hours to reach Nanded City, Sinhagad Road from Phase 3 by Shuttl yesterday (total one-way distance: 35 km).

I used to drive 35km one way to Phase 3 for the past 4 years, am trying Shuttl now as driving in the crazy bottlenecks is sheer torture. Even an automatic car is a pain to drive for 2-3 hours in mad traffic.

Have driven down today and luckily there's a village road that connects Chande-Nande to the NH48 near Pashan Lake which I use. This road is very isolated and is an off-road track - there's no tarmac, it's a completely broken down trail.

However when there's chock-a-block traffic, this route proves to be the best option to get out of Phase 3.

It's dawned upon me that the Polo GT TSI is a competent off-roader and 4*2 / 4*4 SUVs are over-rated, after having used this route on multiple occasions.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 17:37   #1909
BHPian

I have now started using my activa for quite sometime. Its only during rainy season that I unwillingly get the car. Thankfully yesterday I was on the activa and reached the Hinjewadi bridge in decent time but did a mistake of not taking the bridge and going by the service lane as I stay in wakad. That road was flooded but looking at other bikers I too went on and just few seconds later the bike died on me. It was a bit strange because other activas and scooters did manage to go through but mine stalled. The ordeal after that isnt really worth mentioning but somehow managed to ride the bike back home and reached home in 1.5 hours. Had the bike not stalled would have surely been home within an hour at max.

We are in for a real (traffic) jam treat once metro construction starts. Probably then I would come by bike even in rains but the only issue being I might shift to Kharadi owing to my spouses job being there. So hoping I get a switch to some company that side

Last edited by centaur : 25th September 2019 at 17:48.
Old 25th September 2019, 17:38   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Given the upcoming metro construction work, an Activa made all the sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

What are your options?
Activa is my option as stated in my last post

Hinjewadi has become a nightmare.
Old 25th September 2019, 22:30   #1911
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the travel times quoted for last night, I feel my 2:44 for a 17 km commute was pretty reasonable. In fact 6 km from Hinjewadi Phase 2 to the Wakad junction took me 2 hours and the 11 km after that was covered in a scintillating 44 minutes!

There were some scary moments as well- near the Dominos in HJW Ph 1, I felt my front wheels sink into what suspiciously felt like an open
Manhole. Somehow managed to drive right out of it. Also a couple of bridges along the highway at Pashan and Bavdhan were flooded and I had to drive through foot deep water.

It’s raining again tonight but I worked from home today. Tomorrow is another day!
Old 26th September 2019, 14:55   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Hinjawadi panchayat threatens Metro work

The Hinjawadi gram panchayat has warned the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) that it will not allow Metro work in its jurisdiction till the traffic issues of the area are resolved.
MahaMetro has proposed a 23.3km route from Hinjawadi IT Park to Shivajinagar civil court.
The gram panchayat, in a letter sent on Wednesday to PMRDA’s executive engineer (metro section), said that it has already noticed the pathetic traffic situation in Pune city due to ongoing Metro work which is
jeopardizing the daily routine of motorists and local citizens. It doesn’t want Hinjawadi to face a similar fate.

The letter was sent following a resolution passed in the civic body to ask the PMRDA to resolve traffic issues.
“The metro work from Wakad to Hinjawadi Phase-II is about to start as the authorities have started barricading the stretch. The small portion has already started creating huge trouble for locals and those working in the
IT sector. What will happen when the Metro work will be started in full force?” the letter said.
It went on to state, “The then metropolitan commissioner, Kiran Gitte, had assured us that the work of all connecting roads to Hinjawadi will be finished before the Metro work is started, but the current signs are not
favourable. The Mhalunge-Hinjawadi road that connects to Pune city is still incomplete. Till the completion of the said road, we will not allow further Metro construction work.”
“The PMRDA first needs to finish the road to avoid further stress on vehicular traffic due to Metro work,” said Nagesh Sakhare of Hinjawadi gram panchayat.
“If this demand is not fulfilled, we will not allow even one brick to be laid in the Metro project. If there is an attempt to force through the work on the project, it will invite massive protest from the villagers,” Sakhare added.
“The signals are not functioning. The narrow roads are filed with potholes. Bhumkar Chowk to Marunji stretch of the road is the most vulnerable to traffic congestion. The barricades in Wipro Circle installed by Metro have
already started creating chaos,” said Mohan Mane, a resident.
PMRDA commissioner Vikram Kumar said, “We have already initiated work, but due to the model code of conduct, details cannot be shared.”
However, another senior PMRDA officer, on the condition of anonymity, told Mirror, “The Hinjawadi–Shivajinagar Metro project will be completed in about three years and utmost care is being taken to ensure minimal
impact on vehicular movement during the construction phase. The PMRDA, in coordination with the concessionaires Tata and Siemens, along with other government bodies and local bodies, has already planned
alternate routes and diversions.”
“Traffic congestion in Hinjawadi IT Park is about to finish as the pending work of Hinjawadi-Mhalunge Road is set to resume. Farmers have given their land for its construction. IT professionals travelling through the
narrow Wakad-Shivaji Chowk road, MIDC will soon get relief as construction of an alternative road to link Katraj- Dehu Road bypass with Maan via Mhalunge village has begun. Most of the work will be completed within
a few months,” said the officer.
Source
Old 18th March 2022, 18:54   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I have got job offer from Hinjewadi based company. I live near wagholi, so home and work place will be extreme ends of the Pune city.

This company does not have own bus / car service, and I read lot of negative reviews about metrozip.

Is wagholi to Hinjewadi feasible on daily basis without own car?
This is a really old post but I am in the same situation as you only i am planning to use personal transport (35kms one way)and my timings right now are 12:30pm to 10pm. Is the traffic in Hinjewadi bad at these times ??
Old 19th March 2022, 01:23   #1914
BHPian

Some unsolicited gyan:
Let us look at it with a little bit of math (for lubrication): Distance: 35km. Assuming/presuming Pune urban average road speed of 40kph + signal stoppages = About one hour minimum of commute time, irrespective of traffic and mode of transport.
('Jugaad' used by someone I know: Rent a room for cheap in Hinjewadi, stay there during work days, use public transport to commute home on weekly (weakly??) offs. )
Coming back to earlier equation: Schedule assumption: Work starts 1230hrs, leave home at 1130hrs, wake up at least an hour earlier at 1030hrs; work ends 2200hrs, return home 2300hrs, rest/relax/dinner by 2400hrs/0000hrs. ZZZZZ for eight hours till 0800hrs the next day.
Assuming/presuming you are not Daniel or Giskard from Asimov's imagination, are you working to live or living to work (paraphrasing eating to live and living to eat)?
In my humble opinion, please experiment, if you can, with this schedule. Tread the miles, assess for yourself. Please forgive if offensive, not my intention. Just random strands making up a thread.
mygodbole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 09:17   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Traffic diversions in Hinjewadi today from 12 PM - 10 PM.

https://mpcnews.in/change-in-traffic...-yatra-341385/

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 6th April 2023 at 09:21.
Old 24th July 2023, 10:03   #1916
BHPian

Due to RTO mandate from upper management, I travelled to office today. The commute to work was frustrating. Posting my experience here and also seeking some route advice. I stay in Baner and my office is in Quadron Business Park Hinjewadi. I started at 8:20am and reached office at 9:05am. I took the Bangalore-Pune highway upto Wakad Police Chowki but saw that the phase 2 road at the fork was blocked. I had to take the road to phase 1 chowk and from there to Infosys circle and onwards to phase 2. There was a lot of traffic even at this hour. At one point on the phase 2 road, there was a huge pothole (crater?) filled with water making the 2 lane road a single lane one bringing traffic to a crawl.
So now, I have 2 options:
1) Take the Bangalore-Pune highway and take a left at the Hinjewadi flyover and use the phase 1 route.
2) At the Mhalunge underpass, instead of taking a right to get onto the highway, go straight and take the Mann village road which takes you to phase 3 TCS and from there reach Quadron.

Google Maps was suggesting option 2 but I didn't take it because my previous experiences of that route have been horrible. Anyone here have used this route recently know if they have improved the roads here?
b_naresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 12:53   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Google Maps was suggesting option 2 but I didn't take it because my previous experiences of that route have been horrible. Anyone here have used this route recently know if they have improved the roads here?
I used option 2 (in the reverse direction, for going from Phase 1 to Kothrud) on my bike regularly, till the rains started. The only patch which was in really bad shape then was the one marked in Red below. Rest of the route was quite ok, with a few rough patches:

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-menatwork.jpg

When I used it till about late June, it was just hard compacted soil with wheel ruts in it. Now with the rains going on in right earnest, it must have turned into mud. That's why I would advise sticking to option 1, unless you have a 4x4.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th July 2023 at 12:56.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 14:36   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
At one point on the phase 2 road, there was a huge pothole (crater?) filled with water making the 2 lane road a single lane one bringing traffic to a crawl.
Got my car's underbody hit today at this point. Navigating around this crater is guesswork because it's filled with water. Plus today there were a lot of 2 wheelers around the cars too.
Old 1st August 2023, 20:32   #1919
BHPian

Friday evening's commute from Quadron Hinjewadi phase 2 to Baner Road was horrible. It took me 2.5 hours to reach home. So, today I took Google Map's advice in the morning and evening. Turned out to be a much peaceful commute both times. This is the Mhalunge Maan village route mentioned in my earlier post. Yes, the roads are broken in places but so is the Hinjewadi phase 2 road. At least I didn't have to deal with the horrible traffic on Hinjewadi road. I started at around 8:10 am from Baner and around 5:10pm from Quadron and didn't find too much traffic on this route at these times. Must have been about a 40 minute commute both times.
Old 6th September 2023, 09:04   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Our admin team informed us that there are chances of some protests happening in Hinjewadi today (6th Sept, exact time and duration not known). So, even though Wednesday is one of the hybrid working days for us, out of an abundance of caution, all employees have been asked to work from home today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks