Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 13:49   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Quote:
Its completely re laid with ALL the pot holes covered. I reached sus road in 15 minutes yesterday!
This is indeed good news and gives a decent alternative route.
Do you mean no potholes at all ? This is hard to believe given the history of our corporations constructing roads with bad quality.
Do I need to take this with a pinch of salt ?
Yes there are no pot holes, most of the road is relaid and where it is not the pot holes are properly covered. The road is as good as the other available roads to hinjewadi.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:03   #1157
Senior - BHPian

For the last 2 days i have been following in the foot steps of Sajo and have been taking the company bus as my car is not available.

I must admit it is smooth sailing. In the mornings board the bus at 7.45 AM right next to my residence and i am at my desk at 8.30 AM

In the evening take the 6 PM bus and i am home at 7 PM.

The only issue is i might not be able to continue this 8.30 AM to 6 PM schedule for long.

On both the days i took the company bus which is operated by PMPL and oh boy the way they drive. Sudden Acceleration is followed by sudden braking accompanied with cutting lanes without any care for the other drivers/bikers/pedestrians etc. I wish i had the knack of dozing off as soon as the bus starts moving.

But overall it has been a stress free and relaxing ride to and from home.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:09   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
For the last 2 days i have been following in the foot steps of Sajo and have been taking the company bus as my car is not available.
No wonder I saw your car parked nicely (facing outwards) in your building today. Thought you were yet to set off..

The 6-8 PM schedule for right turn under flyover is a bit flexible it seems. I was there at 8.30 yesterday, and it was still open. Is so for about 2-3 days now. Do they open it up at 5 pm?
I have got the car today, so will take the right turn route if I leave between 5 and 9 pm.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:19   #1159
Senior - BHPian

By the by, voting ends today. So expect the digging to start sometime soon. Till then enjoy the pothole free roads

Last edited by noopster : 16th February 2012 at 17:59. Reason: As requested :)
Old 16th February 2012, 17:23   #1160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Our organisation had sent out a mailer describing delayed intimes for all company transport. Perhaps you missed seeing this or didnt note the times?
If my memory serves me right, the out times are the same as usual, so evening time jams will be conducted during normal times. No delays there

Might be slightly off topic. However, It seems 16 Feb 12 is announced as Public Holiday in pune as per govt. circular dated 15 Feb 12. Attached.

http://www.mahasec.com/subdomain/adm...09%20Corp..pdf

But most of corporate seems to be working .. isnt this is lapse in compliance?
Old 16th February 2012, 18:05   #1161
Senior - BHPian

^^Idea: Well, NO it aint! Most of the companies in HJW fall under the SEZ catagory. There are a whole set of different rules/exemptions for the SEZ section.

Most of the companies (3 that I know of) circulated an email stating the 2 hour delay in start of operations. They also attached a circular from the Govt/Corporation stating the 2 hour time frame given for voting.

Ojas: yes, the 6-8PM window is slightly relaxed to a certain extent. AFAIK, the right turn starts around 5:30ish and ends around 8:30 or so. But need to get that confirmed.
Old 16th February 2012, 21:17   #1162
BHPian

For some unexplainable reasons, I'm facing bad traffic at Hinjewadi Chowk from the last 2 days. Left office at 8:35 pm today only to be halted at Hinjewadi Chowk for 15 minutes. Traffic lights were not functioning and mini-bus drivers were ploughing small cars like a snow-plough ploughs the snow.

The only positive part here - Once you cross the chowk, I got the entire road open towards the Wakad bridge. Floored my Punto and reached home in no time.
Old 16th February 2012, 22:05   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Might be slightly off topic. However, It seems 16 Feb 12 is announced as Public Holiday in pune as per govt. circular dated 15 Feb 12. Attached.

But most of corporate seems to be working .. isnt this is lapse in compliance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
^^Idea: Well, NO it aint! Most of the companies in HJW fall under the SEZ catagory. There are a whole set of different rules/exemptions for the SEZ section.
I think as Hinjewadi does not fall under the Pune or Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal limits and because it comes under Gram Panchayat, legally hinjewadi companies are not bound to give holiday.

But then when there were Gram Panchayat elections a couple of weeks back we still did not get a holiday with the possible reason being none of the employees live in the gram panchayat and hence would not vote and hence no holiday.

Last edited by amitwlele : 16th February 2012 at 22:26.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:22   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Another accident spotted!

This one is just before DLF. A La Royale cabbie must've tried taking a U-Turn in one of those open spaces in the divider. A Force Tempo was tailgating it, and ended up hitting the right rear door of the cab. A Sumo tailgating the Tempo ended up rear ending the Tempo.

Last seen, all three of them were arguing on the situation. Would've been a great sight to see - all 3 locals arguing with each other, unable to play the 'local' card to their benefit .
Old 17th February 2012, 11:05   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Radek, sad to hear that man. regardless of the speeds, sometimes such things do happen. Well, in Hinjewadi they happen more than often.

How bad is the damage? If the paint hasnt been chipped, it can be repaired very easily, and at a cheaper cost.

Here's the link to the thread. A few of my posts show the job carried out on my Laura too.
Yesterday, Santosh and Sudhir came to my place to repair. It took good 2 hours time for them to repair. As the dent were on a curve (where C column meets the bumper), it was difficult to get exact pre-dent finish. But now it is not noticable unless looked closely. Scratches to paint are still there, but they can't do much about it. Total bill was Rs 2000 for two dents.

He knows you (Swanand) well. He mentioned about work on your Laura and Swift.

BTW, I did vote yesterday, to a guy from A list who I thought better of the lot. And to a lady from B list who, like others, was proxy for her husband.
radek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 11:34   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Orange route is no non sense in the mornings. And wakad flyover the best for evenings and for all those who work from Phase 3, Nanded-Sus route is THE BEST. Its completely re laid with ALL the pot holes covered. I reached sus road in 15 minutes yesterday!
Tried this route yesterday. The surface is ok - not comparable to orange route. Initial 1 km is hard road followed by single lane with relatively better road surface. It's followed by a stretch of road that is getting widened. The last stretch as you ride up the crest of the hill is the best.

As Anil mentioned, it takes about 15-20 minutes frm TechM to Sus overpass. Add 5 minutes from Ph2 to Ph3. I was behind a convoy of 5-6 vehicle and it took 20 mins. This i a good alternative (and faster) route to get to highway from HJW Ph2/3for folks travelling towards Kothrud
Old 17th February 2012, 11:38   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

Why are the trees on the highway, adjacent to the Balewadi stadium getting cut? Obvious answer is road widening, but it can be done without cutting them too! Plus anyway the bottleneck is going to be at the small bridge over the river which would still remain 4-lane only!
Old 20th February 2012, 09:51   #1168
BHPian

The trees on the side of NH4 bypass have been uprooted by official in the name of road widening. Sad state of affairs in Pune.
Not sure what the court's mandate in these matters. Feel really sad to see the face of Pune deteriorating rapidly.
Old 20th February 2012, 10:48   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Seems like some companies have an off on account of Mahashivratri. Being a Monday, there was relatively less traffic on the roads.

Hope the evening sees less traffic as well.
Old 20th February 2012, 14:44   #1170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Tried this route yesterday. The surface is ok - not comparable to orange route. Initial 1 km is hard road followed by single lane with relatively better road surface. It's followed by a stretch of road that is getting widened. The last stretch as you ride up the crest of the hill is the best.

As Anil mentioned, it takes about 15-20 minutes frm TechM to Sus overpass. Add 5 minutes from Ph2 to Ph3. I was behind a convoy of 5-6 vehicle and it took 20 mins. This i a good alternative (and faster) route to get to highway from HJW Ph2/3for folks travelling towards Kothrud
i might have missed details in earlier pages, can you please give details/google map on this road. Sometime i have to travel Kothrud - phase 3 - kothrud.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks