Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 09:58   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Guys,

Today, tried this route, from the T-junction to Infy phase 2, took 5 minutes, when traffic was to the brim on the left side of T-junction.
Thanks Rahul. Now that you have posted the new route on the forum expect traffic jams from tomorrow.

On a serious note the route surely needs a try. Would do it sometime this week.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 10:00   #1262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Found a new route (once again) to Hinjewadi.
@rahul,
You are a man of my own heart! I keep trying to do this whenever I get my bike to office, but I don't dare to take the Vento on these inner roads.

Btw once you have taken the right from the T-junction, what about the turn at "Thunder World" that GMaps shows?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 10:02   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@rahul,
You are a man of my own heart! I keep trying to do this whenever I get my bike to office, but I don't dare to take the Vento on these inner roads.

Btw once you have taken the right from the T-junction, what about the turn at "Thunder World" that GMaps shows?
I too am intrigued by the Thunder World thingy. But didnt spot any big left turn, would be a good idea to take the left from Wipro phase2 to check this out.

BTW, you can try on Vento, I cruised in my Cruze
Old 25th April 2012, 22:02   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@rahul,
what about the turn at "Thunder World" that GMaps shows?
Tried this route the other way in the evening - from Wipro ph2 onwards. Well, if you have an offroader 2-wheeler, try it, else forget it.

There are two roads beside Wipro ph2. One goes to Souvenir society(being built), which is a dirt road, but flat, and ends there

The other is "our" road(?), which goes beside Tata Johnson, which is not doable at all, very very narrow, rocks on the dirt track, so best avoided!!
rahul_sinha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 09:21   #1265
BHPian

Not sure if this holds true now, but morning 8:20am, the NH4 bypass just before Bhumkar chowk is "CLOSED" causing UTTER CHAOS and TRAFFIC JAM, since all traffic was diverted onto service road

And I thought, today being Thursday, will ensure a breeze drive
Old 26th April 2012, 10:36   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this holds true now, but morning 8:20am, the NH4 bypass just before Bhumkar chowk is "CLOSED" causing UTTER CHAOS and TRAFFIC JAM, since all traffic was diverted onto service road

Ho hum. Nowdays my morning route is almost fixed, irrespective of the time I come to office. Best part of the route - once I pass HJW Ph-1 circle, I get to use the torque full-on, on proper country roads. Every day! Best way to "drive" away the office/morning blues!

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-route.jpg
Old 26th April 2012, 11:19   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That's the route Swanand suggested to me as well. But it makes sense for Tech M/DLF guys only. For us regular Ph 2'ers it's a rather roundabout route.

The twin eggs are visible from that road, however, and was wondering how much trouble it would be to pave a road from there to, say opposite the BP pump near Wipro circle. Hope someone thinks of this soon.
Old 26th April 2012, 11:32   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

@Anoop - there are roads. Two of them. One ends just around the wipro circle (haven't tried this yet), while the other one ends at the circle just adjacent to DLF (I take this route every time I use the bike). Both of them are visible on the map too (white lines). However the problem is these are non-tar dirt roads.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th April 2012 at 11:33.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:21   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Weird, I took that route at 10:15 am, absolutely no traffic. In fact there was no traffic towards Hinjewadi too. Wifey and I were literally searching where the traffic was!
Old 27th April 2012, 19:56   #1270
Senior - BHPian

While traffic may be less while going to office, it is certainly not so while coming back.
I have been leaving early this week (6pm or thereabouts) and it is absolutely first gear crawl all the way to Wakad flyover. The highway too is very very crowded in the evenings.
Today I had taken my bike , and the return time was only 40 mins with very sedate riding (<60kmph) as compared to over 70+ mins yesterday in the car. I am sure today too the situation would be similar.
Everybody and their uncle is using the right-turn-under-the-bridge route these days , the flyover itself is pretty deserted.
Also, a huge number of buses are taking this route, which as per my understanding they arent supposed to.
Old 30th April 2012, 14:31   #1271
Senior - BHPian

So saw a about a Hundred new plastic barricades outside the the HJW police station, with the lettering Hinjewadi Traffic Police written.
Wonder if we are going to see some more diversions.

Daily source of bottleneck on the way back is the narrow bridge(?) near Marriot/IOC bunk. Used to be a "kachra depot" earlier, seems to have been cleared and some sort of frame like structure is visible.

There has been a marked increase in driver courteousnes. In the past when I used get out of my company gates, or the shell bunk, used to struggle to merge back onto the main road. But these days many drivers themselves stop and even make gestures asking me to join the flow while they wait. Always make it a point to thank them, and surely , return the favour whenever possible.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:11   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So saw a about a Hundred new plastic barricades outside the the HJW police station, with the lettering Hinjewadi Traffic Police written.
Wonder if we are going to see some more diversions. .
My guess is they will replace the iron barricades presently used to cover the additional lane with the new plactic ones; these are provided by HIA to the Traffic Police.
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:27   #1273
Senior - BHPian

The plastic barricades will replace the existing ancient iron ones. Spoke to a cop the other day, and he confirmed the same.

Of late, Ive been working out of Ph1 and had changed my office times too (Rather, was force to, but thats another story). The traffic is barely noticible at those hours. It had cut down my commute from 1 hour (each way) to 35 mins!

But, all good things come to an end. This morning onwards, Im back in DLF and the same timings.
Oh yeah, take the same route that ninja mentioned, and its a breeze to drive through.
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:43   #1274
BHPian

I find that these days the likelihood of being caught in a traffic jam is higher on the Mezza9 - Wipro phase 2 than on Hinjewadi chowk.

There's almost always a jam near Wipro circle phase 2 !
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:04   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Left turn from NH4 to HJW from the Wakad bridge was prohibited today morning (~9AM) with barricades. No idea why. Everyone were being redirected to MyCar route, which was creating chaos on the highway as well as the service road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks