Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 10:38   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

The jam didnt have any logical reasoning whatsoever.
Except that, where the median ends (before the chowk), a cop was standing guiding the locals take the left/right from that lane after Shell pump.

Has the HCV ban been lifted? I see trucks every single day during peak hours.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:05   #1232
BHPian

^^Pathetic jams throughout, ditched turning left onto Hinjewadi from Wakad bridge, intended to take Mezza 9 route, but again jam at the mouth so turned left onto middle road that takes to HJW chowk. Again hit a bad jam 500 metres from the low bridge. No activity for 15 minutes - munni got badnam and sheila became jawan meanwhile. Decided enough is enough, did a U-turn taking a cue from a Ritz ahead, again plied onto Mezza9 route, this time it was a breeze. Apparently there was(is?) some political meeting in the village today morning hence the jam, not sure which one.
Old 27th March 2012, 17:59   #1233
BHPian

Yes - there was some meeting at that point, but the road was clear at about 8:30 this morning. Also saw couple of JCBs and signs that the low 'pul' might be widened. Something to say about focussed attention to roads these days.

OT and to reinforce above point, the road leading to my apartment is finally getting paved after 10 years. Noop and heman_369 can relate!!
Old 27th March 2012, 18:32   #1234
BHPian

Traffic Update :

Massive Traffic jam from Wipro phase 2 circle till Wakad . Avoid taking the route for at least an hour . The mezza 9 route is equally bad .
Old 28th March 2012, 12:30   #1235
Senior - BHPian

JD, the reason for that jam was, a 40 foot container carrying trailer had broken down right outside Tata Bluescope Steel. He had occupied the entire left lane, forcing people to merge in one lane. This, at peak hours, resulted in that jam.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 13:00   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
JD, the reason for that jam was, a 40 foot container carrying trailer had broken down right outside Tata Bluescope Steel. He had occupied the entire left lane, forcing people to merge in one lane. This, at peak hours, resulted in that jam.
I left Phase 3 at 17:15 yesterday. Encountered same trailer. I stopped and requested owner that please vacate road otherwise in coming two hours You will be the reason of world war 3 . As per him there was some issue with last axle hence can not move further.

I even thought to update this thread. But I do not have smartphone. Time to find new job
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:11   #1237
BHPian

Massive buildup Mezzanine. I'm stuck. Save yourselves
Old 4th April 2012, 11:22   #1238
Senior - BHPian

HCV's galore, this morning drive was!

Spoke to a cop manning the Wipro ph2 circle. He did confirm that the HCV ban is still in place in HJW, but these cops cant do anything, as stopping one truck would lead to at least 10 cars being stuck behind him.

When inquired further, he simply asked me to not waste my "precious office time" and move ahead. .
Old 4th April 2012, 13:43   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
HCV's galore, this morning drive was!
Yes. Since past few days this is happening and extra lane addition is of no use. Even though I start early to beat the traffic, the dumpers trucks et al greet me with aplomb.
??
Old 5th April 2012, 18:44   #1240
BHPian

Tomorrow would be a day off for many and many would have recieved similar updates , but heres a quick note for those who haven't and have a working day tomorrow . Got this as a notification from the Transport team .

This is to keep you informed that Hinjewadi villagers would be celebrating their annual festival on 6th April’12 from 1500 hrs onwards. In view of the same to avoid traffic congestion the Pune traffic police have decided to divert all the incoming and outgoing traffic to and from Hinjewadi.

Effective 1500 hrs all vehicles plying to and fro from Phase I and II would be diverted through Marunji (Mezza 9) bypass route to reach Pune-Bangalore Express Highway(Wakad Subway) and then to the desired destination. This will be applicable for all the vehicles irrespective to pick/drop areas till further instructions. Road leading from Hinjewadi Shivaji chowk to Bhumkarwasti will be closed for all the vehicular traffic from 1500 hrs to 2200 hrs > 6th April 2012.

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 5th April 2012 at 18:46.
jealousdiamond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 09:10   #1241
BHPian

A loong HCV stuck in front of Wipro ph-2, potential cause for traffic snarls, at 8:15am. Otherwise a nice breezy drive to work.

Also spotted a vehicle being tested on NH4 bypass, looked a bit like Safari (Merlin 2.0 ??) but had a faded toyota badge behind. Didnt click any pic as was driving.

Last edited by rahul_sinha : 9th April 2012 at 09:21. Reason: additional info
Old 10th April 2012, 09:53   #1242
BHPian

Today a road roller stuck again in front of Wipro Ph2. Though I passed it at 8:30am, I guess if its not moved, will cause jams.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:53   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, that roller is still stuck there. I crossed it at 9:30 and it was blocking one entire lane.
Old 10th April 2012, 11:49   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rahul, that roller is still stuck there. I crossed it at 9:30 and it was blocking one entire lane.
And you still use the normal route? My daily morning route is fixed - via the backend route, it takes me an additional 3-4 kms but I'm able to zip through at good speeds throughout the route!
Old 10th April 2012, 12:13   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And you still use the normal route? My daily morning route is fixed - via the backend route, it takes me an additional 3-4 kms but I'm able to zip through at good speeds throughout the route!
I use that route when there's traffic on the normal route. Today, till Wipro, it was a fairly peaceful drive.

But while heading back, I think its better to use the back route.
Rightly said, the kms are more, but who cares! Its a free drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks