Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 13:50   #1771
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post
This weekend remove your black sunglass films from all 4 windows , After helmet , now again black glass issue is pop up and today as soon as you turn left from highway towards shiwaji chock , below flyover, team is ready to caught you.
Black film on helmet is not allowed ?
Old 10th December 2014, 20:03   #1772
BHPian

any update from anyone , if the backside road from Phase 3 to Phase 1 circle is being re laid / repaired recently in past 2 weeks ?
Old 10th December 2014, 20:53   #1773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post
There are hundred of traffic issues in hinjewadi, instead of solving that force is busy in catching black film cars.
Sorry but I see the recent crackdown by Pune cops on erring motorists as a very welcome move!

Just look at the sheer no of violators when it comes to Sun films in Pune.

Regarding Helmet, I notice that unless the employer has mandated helmets for all this employees entering their campus on 2 wheelers, I seldom spot an individual sporting a helmet for safety reasons.
Old 10th December 2014, 23:47   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sorry but I see the recent crackdown by Pune cops on erring motorists as a very welcome move!

Just look at the sheer no of violators when it comes to Sun films in Pune.

Regarding Helmet, I notice that unless the employer has mandated helmets for all this employees entering their campus on 2 wheelers, I seldom spot an individual sporting a helmet for safety reasons.
Absolutely agree with you. I stay right in the middle of Hinjewadi but I am the odd one out as my office is outside of that mess . I see all those brainy engineer flouting rules and not covered with helmet either. How hard it could be to get used to a helmet. I believe its makes riding all more comfortable. To Top it all is the Women crowd in Pune. Isn't this easier to wear a helmet that will save the head along with the face from the harsh sun?
Old 11th December 2014, 09:57   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
any update from anyone , if the backside road from Phase 3 to Phase 1 circle is being re laid / repaired recently in past 2 weeks ?
Most of the potholes have been filled up. All I can say is that it is better than what it was 2 weeks back.
Old 16th January 2015, 18:01   #1776
BHPian

OT to this topic, but since I see many BHPians travelling to Hinjwadi, thought that they might be interested in the Mega Meet planned at lonavala on 18th Jan 2015, being discussed here.

This was just FYI, in case someone is interested but not informed about this meet
Old 29th January 2015, 18:52   #1777
BHPian

silent thread ...as usual.

Does any one have any update, if the road in front of the right choice builder office [ while going from Wipro Phase 2 towards mezza9 , and taking LEFT at mezza9 ] is relaid / resurfaced from the earlier moon crater condition ?
Old 1st February 2015, 00:47   #1778
BHPian

Ever since the 'Tumtum' strike the traffic situation has vastly improved in hinjewadi..it has also been a short week..not sure which one contributed more but I love driving to office for a change!
Old 1st February 2015, 10:36   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Ever since the 'Tumtum' strike the traffic situation has vastly improved in hinjewadi..it has also been a short week..not sure which one contributed more but I love driving to office for a change!

I too am very glad about the tumtum strike. But I am not really sure whether only that can contribute to better traffic. I saw a discussion on internal company forum that that phase 3 road to sus road has improved and many people have started taking that road and hence traffic is reduced. No idea how true that is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 1st February 2015, 14:34   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
silent thread ...as usual.

Does any one have any update, if the road in front of the right choice builder office [ while going from Wipro Phase 2 towards mezza9 , and taking LEFT at mezza9 ] is relaid / resurfaced from the earlier moon crater condition ?
Yes, it's been relaid. But there are still potholes near the old octroi booth. But they are manageable.
Old 10th February 2015, 12:39   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I too am very glad about the tumtum strike
So, are they on strike? I've been hearing gossip that they're banned from plying on this stretch. This is as a result of a memorandum being submitted to Supriya Sule. Also noticed that the Metrozip buses have increased.
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:00   #1782
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Also noticed that the Metrozip buses have increased.

I came around this thread to see if there are any bhpians who are using Metrozip service for their commute but it doesn't seem so as yet. Most of the buses that I see around Baner area are empty. At best there are 4-5 passengers on board. Doesn't seem to be a sustainable transport solution.

http://metrozip.in/
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:25   #1783
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been taking the Sus-Chande-Nande route to work these days because despite being an absolute dirt track it is at least predictable in terms of time taken to reach work. Yesterday like a fool I took the Hinjewadi main road and was stuck for nearly half an hour at the Wakad flyover- first time I really remember this happening. No accident or anything so I guess this is the new normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I came around this thread to see if there are any bhpians who are using Metrozip service for their commute but it doesn't seem so as yet. Most of the buses that I see around Baner area are empty. At best there are 4-5 passengers on board. Doesn't seem to be a sustainable transport solution.

http://metrozip.in/
I don't see the value proposition, frankly. Most companies run a perfectly sound transport of their own. The typical use case for Metrozip would be a casual user ( car dropped off for service type) or someone looking for a more luxurious option than the spartan company bus (AC, music/movies on offer etc). Metrozip's model supports neither AND they are more expensive than the company bus. Why on earth are even those 5 people travelling?

Besides, in these days of technology, nobody wants to go through the hassle of registering, getting a physical pass, paying a monthly fee etc. Make it a pay-as-you-go app-based model and see how many people adopt it!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 11:57   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I don't see the value proposition, frankly. Most companies run a perfectly sound transport of their own. The typical use case for Metrozip would be a casual user ( car dropped off for service type) or someone looking for a more luxurious option than the spartan company bus (AC, music/movies on offer etc). Metrozip's model supports neither AND they are more expensive than the company bus. Why on earth are even those 5 people travelling?

Besides, in these days of technology, nobody wants to go through the hassle of registering, getting a physical pass, paying a monthly fee etc. Make it a pay-as-you-go app-based model and see how many people adopt it!
Metrozip has recently cut down its rates for all travel ranges (short, medium & long), and they have increased their reach by adding more buses. The number of employees opting this service are increasing each week. I understand that its not a luxurious option, but buses looks neat & clean than the ones used by corporates, and this might be deciding factor for some aspirants
Old 11th March 2015, 14:12   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Metrozip has recently cut down its rates for all travel ranges (short, medium & long), and they have increased their reach by adding more buses. The number of employees opting this service are increasing each week. I understand that its not a luxurious option, but buses looks neat & clean than the ones used by corporates, and this might be deciding factor for some aspirants
Infact spoke to couple of folks in office who have been using metrozip. The folks mainly using it are the ones who hate driving everyday to Hinjewadi. According to them its comfortable and also gives them flexibility specially after they added more buses since Februray. Cost wise also it is turning out economical for these people
mm403 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks