Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 15:23   #1606
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Happy Diwali Guys !! Recently moved to Pune and my work location is Blueridge SEZ, Hinjewadi Phase 1, though I am putting up in Magarpatta.
Can you guys suggest a good route to Magarpatta ?
Hey Pankaj, welcome to the zoo.
Hinjewadi and Magarpatta are the two ends of Pune !
No doubt travelling will be a hectic for you. As such there may not be any "good route", but you will have to try "good timing" to travel, as traffic is not constant throughout. Try some permutations, you will succeed.

Quote:
Would love to catch up with Pune BHPians
Sure ! we do have regular meets. Some guys even meet in Hinjewadi periodically. Keep watching the meet section for more details.
WDM007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 15:43   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Hey Pankaj, welcome to the zoo.
Hinjewadi and Magarpatta are the two ends of Pune !
No doubt travelling will be a hectic for you. As such there may not be any "good route", but you will have to try "good timing" to travel, as traffic is not constant throughout. Try some permutations, you will succeed.

Sure ! we do have regular meets. Some guys even meet in Hinjewadi periodically. Keep watching the meet section for more details.
Thanks for the welcome buddy .Right now, I am trying different timing/ road permutations & combinations to get to a relatively manageable traffic situation.

Will surely keep an eye on the meet thread.
Old 12th November 2012, 16:41   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
It is 35Km one way and I am taking Magarpatta->KP->Khadki->PimpriChincwad->Dange Chowk->Hinjewadi.

Was looking if I can take another route where traffic is bit easy like in PimpriChinchwad. The only consolation is I start around 10AM and return back after 8PM, so traffic is bit manageable at that points.

EDIT: I am in the same boat as you are while choosing the roads :-)
Hi Pankaj,
Even i stay in Magarpatta and come to Ph2 but by Company Bus at 7.15AM. But usually i go by vehicle once a week.

Best route for me is Mgp-Mundhwa-KN/KP-Khadki-Sangvi-Vishal Nagar-Wakad Bridge-HJW. But at 10AM there is always jam at Magarpatta North gate (Ahead of Amnora) and at Mundhwa. Its takes 1 hr 40 mins from there to ph2 on 2 wheeler if i start at 10 AM.

For returning HJW-Aundh-Shiwaji Nagar-Sasson Chowk-E Street-Pune Race Course-Fatima Nagar-Mgp would be best. This route takes around 1 hr 25 min if you start at 8-9 PM. Again it depends if you get stuck at Infy circle to hjw chowk road.

Kindly update your findings as well
shabahmad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 09:17   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy Diwali Guys !! Recently moved to Pune and my work location is Blueridge SEZ, Hinjewadi Phase 1, though I am putting up in Magarpatta.
Can you guys suggest a good route to Magarpatta ?

Would love to catch up with Pune BHPians
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Even i stay in Magarpatta and come to Ph2 but by Company Bus at 7.15AM. But usually i go by vehicle once a week.
Hey, I am also on the list of people travelling from one end of Pune to another on a daily basis. Have been doing it for the past 1.5 years now.

The route that I take is Magarpatta -> MG Road (bypass) -> Station -> Sancheti Hospital -> E2 -> Baner -> Wakad -> HJW Ph2. Total of 33kms one way. I leave from Magarpatta stop by 7:35, reach Ph2 by 8:30. Evenings are always a pain inside HJW, but once out of it, it takes around 1 hour to reach Magarpatta.

BTW, a very Happy Diwali to all of you guys Today's traffic was such a breeze and unbelievable.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 09:43   #1610
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove into work in 12 minutes yesterday- new record! No traffic at all. Return trip was 16 minutes. This is from HJW Phase 2 to start of Baner-Pashan Link Road.

The Chande route is all tarred now (well almost). Took me 21 minutes today.

Working in the festive season is turning out to be more pleasureable than I imagined!
Old 15th November 2012, 11:39   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pankaj,

Best route for me is Mgp-Mundhwa-KN/KP-Khadki-Sangvi-Vishal Nagar-Wakad Bridge-HJW. But at 10AM there is always jam at Magarpatta North gate (Ahead of Amnora) and at Mundhwa. Its takes 1 hr 40 mins from there to ph2 on 2 wheeler if i start at 10 AM.

For returning HJW-Aundh-Shiwaji Nagar-Sasson Chowk-E Street-Pune Race Course-Fatima Nagar-Mgp would be best. This route takes around 1 hr 25 min if you start at 8-9 PM. Again it depends if you get stuck at Infy circle to hjw chowk road.

Kindly update your findings as well
Hi Shabbir,
I am taking Mgp->KP->Khadki->Breman chowk->Wakad->HJW if i start by 10 AM or Mgp->KP->Khadki->PimpriChinchwad->Dange Chowk->HJW if I start by 9:00 AM.

The return route depends again on my starting time from office. I am averaing around 1 hour to travel both ways, but yes I commute on my own vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Hey, I am also on the list of people travelling from one end of Pune to another on a daily basis. Have been doing it for the past 1.5 years now.

The route that I take is Magarpatta -> MG Road (bypass) -> Station -> Sancheti Hospital -> E2 -> Baner -> Wakad -> HJW Ph2. Total of 33kms one way. I leave from Magarpatta stop by 7:35, reach Ph2 by 8:30. Evenings are always a pain inside HJW, but once out of it, it takes around 1 hour to reach Magarpatta.

BTW, a very Happy Diwali to all of you guys Today's traffic was such a breeze and unbelievable.
Belated Happy Diwali bro and Advance Happy New year

Yup, the travel averages around 32-33 kms one way and time taken depends upon our starting times from both sides. I have flexi timings in office and generally start around 10:AM from Magarpatta.

OT: Let's meet up sometime. Now that you, me and Shabbir are in Magarpatta. BTW: I stay in Iris.
Old 15th November 2012, 19:15   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Mgp->KP->Khadki->PimpriChinchwad->Dange Chowk->HJW if I start by 9:00 AM.
I suggest not to take Dange Chowk as there is construction of over bridge is going on, it creates a bottle neck packing 4-5 lanes of car and trucks into 2 lanes. Further Dange Chowk-Highway-Mezza9 route there would be Trucks at that time. But you can try and let us know if it takes less time..

I sincerly suggest to take a company bus if you can. Driving 65 km (in car/bike) daily do have its adverse effect.

Me too in IRIS-K, do you have Silver/White I20? Lets gang up some time.
Old 16th November 2012, 22:30   #1613
BBT
BHPian

The Diwali traffic fun is almost over :-( it was a great run while it lasted; almost worth not getting leave approved for Diwali :-)

There was crawling traffic on the way out of Hinjewadi at around 7 PM today. All caused by almost 7 lanes of traffic from the newly widened road at the toll naka merging into 2 lanes just before the Wakad flyover. It seems that I will be back on the orange route from Monday.
Old 19th November 2012, 12:07   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Working in the festive season is turning out to be more pleasureable than I imagined!
Absolutely right Anoop. Working when everyone was holiday-ing proved right
no traffic on any day - from Kalewadi Phata to Ph2 was 12-15 mins max. WOW...alas, all good things come to end. Back to usual chaos.
Old 19th November 2012, 12:40   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest not to take Dange Chowk as there is construction of over bridge is going on, it creates a bottle neck packing 4-5 lanes of car and trucks into 2 lanes. Further Dange Chowk-Highway-Mezza9 route there would be Trucks at that time. But you can try and let us know if it takes less time..

I sincerly suggest to take a company bus if you can. Driving 65 km (in car/bike) daily do have its adverse effect.

Me too in IRIS-K, do you have Silver/White I20? Lets gang up some time.
Traffic at Dange chowk in the mornings at 9:45 AM is fine and one can cross the red light in one go, however evenings mostly traffic is a bottleneck there.

Company bus has it's fixed timings and I generally get free late in evenings, due to US client meetings.

OT: I am in IRIS-G, with DL no. sliver color ikon.
Old 26th November 2012, 11:42   #1616
Senior - BHPian

The newly resurfaced roads from Shivaji chowk to Mindtree (atleast), what an eyewash!
Take a walk along the road to see how poor quality the surfacing has been. Even the large chunky gravel is still visible and there are huge gaps in between their surfaces.
Even accidental spillage from your water bottles may cause huge craters.
Old 26th November 2012, 12:04   #1617
Distinguished - BHPian

OT Post! Sorry @sajo, had to reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Even accidental spillage from your water bottles may cause huge craters.
Do you also have your hanky pinned to your shirt and your "water bottle" and lunch box tucked up in your bag?

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-schoolbottle.jpg
Old 26th November 2012, 13:46   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Heard from a friend living in Wakad about a road being built from Nasik Phata to Wakad via Kunal Icon (not sure if that icon is a landmark, but repeating what he told me)
This route may be a good option for those trying to get to Nashik Phata from HJW/ Wakad. Perhaps I am late to the party and USP residents may already know of this route. nevertheless better to post than omit.
Old 26th November 2012, 15:56   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The newly resurfaced roads from Shivaji chowk to Mindtree (atleast), what an eyewash!
Even the large chunky gravel is still visible and there are huge gaps in between their surfaces.
Totally agree! Just another way of opportunities created - the opportunity for filling up the craters which are on their way by say once before the monsoons and once again post that.

Cheers,
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:58   #1620
BHPian

In case you have missed this news-
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ntenttarget=no

There is no mention of Baner-Mhalunge- Hinjewadi connectivity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks