Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 14:11   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

^^So you did speak to Mr. Nale then?

Even today morning I did see a lot of erring bikers on the wrong side of the road. I was quite surprised, specially since I had come in quite early today, and the roads were all empty. It took me exactly 18 mins from my house to reach DLF. Thats how empty the roads were.

I did get my share of sadistic pleasures today morning.
I was driving in the extreme right lane of the divider. Now, at that point where the divider ends (where these erring bikers merge), there was a bus coming in the opposite direction. As usual, a two wheeler (a lady at that) was trying the merge, trying to nudge me to get way. I just put my car in neutral and stood in such a way that she had no option, but to face the oncoming bus.
Must've scared the bejesus out of her! Just rolled down my window, gave her an evil grin, alongwith the finger and happily moved on .

Ah, the sadist in me is so happy today.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 14:24   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
^^So you did speak to Mr. Nale then?

Even today morning I did see a lot of erring bikers on the wrong side of the road. I was quite surprised, specially since I had come in quite early today, and the roads were all empty. It took me exactly 18 mins from my house to reach DLF. Thats how empty the roads were.

I did get my share of sadistic pleasures today morning.
I was driving in the extreme right lane of the divider. Now, at that point where the divider ends (where these erring bikers merge), there was a bus coming in the opposite direction. As usual, a two wheeler (a lady at that) was trying the merge, trying to nudge me to get way. I just put my car in neutral and stood in such a way that she had no option, but to face the oncoming bus.
Must've scared the bejesus out of her! Just rolled down my window, gave her an evil grin, alongwith the finger and happily moved on .

Well done, unfortunately, this the only way to make people understand and follow rules. I use my truck for such things many times, to scare those driving on wrong side of the road.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:15   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Just rolled down my window, gave her an evil grin, alongwith the finger and happily moved on .

Wow ,Swan , way to go BRO, you would have scared the **** of that ongoer with your evil grin .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
I use my truck for such things many times, to scare those driving on wrong side of the road.
That sounded almost like the words staright from my mouth .
Trick My Truck .

Seriously as if the illetrate folks with those hefty chains were less , these educated morons now too need to be taught a lesson every single day . Today morning , I was just crossing the HDFC bank (just before ph2 wipro ) driving on the fastest lane ( extreme left ) , saw this guy neatly dressed , driving a neat Sonata , swaying L to R and back again , as if he is driving a bike . With the patience developed , let him go , but this bugger seemed to be having some different plans . Overtook me and then again went in the Right lane , by the time I moved this guy again gets back in the Left lane , almost kissing my bumper . That was it , zoomed past him , rolled my windows , ensured this guy rolls his windows down , gave him an earfull and then the game , didnt let him go ahead till phase 2 , pushing him to the right and the divider , every time he tried to nudge . Feeling still unsatisfied with this , I just went ahead till IBM to give this guy what he deserved instead of turning right at Wipro cricle .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 8th December 2011 at 15:16.
jealousdiamond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 15:46   #889
Senior - BHPian

<preach>But guys, doesn't that amount to road rage? Play safe.

There are many like us who get inconvenienced by the morons we are targeting, why adding to the crowd by teaching them a lesson?

I was once on this I-will-teach-this-biker-a-lesson spree and kind of drove pretty rash because I got pissed with this rude Pulsar guy who tried to overtake two cars which are negotiating a curve through the space between them, at the end of it my wife asked me what I was up to? To which I replied trying to give him the taste of his own medicine, then she said if 50% of people thought like you, we would be having some 50 people trying to make you taste this medicine of yours. One of those halo around your head moments

But yeah, I always get more fun when retaliating than when trying to be a good guy.
</preach>
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 15:58   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
To which I replied trying to give him the taste of his own medicine, then she said if 50% of people thought like you, we would be having some 50 people trying to make you taste this medicine of yours. One of those halo around your head moments
You never do that with the HM sitting next to you . Moreover , Zor ka jhatka dheerey se lagao ..(do it the easy way man )
Old 8th December 2011, 16:33   #891
Senior - BHPian

Anil, I agree, that this may border on road rage. But in my case, I didnt drive rash, or even get angry. Very calmly, singing to the songs on the radio, stood at peace with myself and only then did I give her the finger. Then again, very calmly did I move on. Even happier and singing even louder.

In JD's case, his behemoth ride is enough to scare people. No need of road rage.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:45   #892
Distinguished - BHPian

Swami Anilananda was referring to what JD did, I think.

Yeah road rage is futile. Unless someone directly engages me without provocation, I don't respond. Occasionally someone who is pulling a serious stunt gets a finger or a choice expletive but chasing etc. I gave up a long time ago.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:55   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

@swanand,
Lucky you! The one time I did that to a Ford Ikon guy, I was the loser. He just kept on coming angling towards me, till his ORVM scrapped mine. Unfortunately I had no bus to help me so I had to slam on the brakes.

I guess the key aspect is the condition of the other car. If it's in a relatively good condition with very few scratches, then you are good to go, else you might just turn out to be the loser.

@anilsanil - wouldn't dare to do it against a bike. Being a biker for over 5 years has taught me that - it pays to keep them as far away from your car as possible, however wrong or bad they drive. Unless you are in a mood of playing Road Rash
Old 8th December 2011, 17:00   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
<preach>
I was once on this I-will-teach-this-biker-a-lesson spree and kind of drove pretty rash because I got pissed with this rude Pulsar guy who tried to overtake two cars which are negotiating a curve through the space between them, at the end of it my wife asked me what I was up to? To which I replied trying to give him the taste of his own medicine, then she said if 50% of people thought like you, we would be having some 50 people trying to make you taste this medicine of yours. One of those halo around your head moments
Man...I have been in an exact same situation with the HM on the passenger seat. I did chase that moron for a while but ended up in a traffic mess and let him go. Got some ML from HM and left all my anger, frustration, etc right at that spot and joined the SWAMI bandwagon thereafter. Let me prove it. I was in this terrible junction near the Mrutyunjay temple on Karve road and this idiot comes on a Honda Dio and I kind of cut his path, seemingly. He got so annoyed that he parked his Dio in the middle of the road and came near my Vista and imagine what he did...he kicked hard, really hard on the RHS rear door of my Vista. And he fled off into thin air. I just started moving as if nothin happened. One road-side seller was telling me frantically "Sir, gaadi pe bend aya hey". Still I did not bother to stop. I parked my car where I wanted near my destination and checked the damage. It was nothing, thankfully. Even otherwise, I could not have done anything with those bloody morons, the ones like Ojas mentioned, wearing hefty chains.
Old 8th December 2011, 17:04   #895
Senior - BHPian

You guys are sure having fun in your cars (pun intended - dont throw bricks!). I usually travel by company bus and see all the wrong doers by sitting above them all

Please do not get into any kind of road-rage incidents especially with the localites. There is nothing that we can do to get some sense into them.
Old 9th December 2011, 06:15   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
You guys are sure having fun in your cars (pun intended - dont throw bricks!). I usually travel by company bus and see all the wrong doers by sitting above them all

Please do not get into any kind of road-rage incidents especially with the localites. There is nothing that we can do to get some sense into them.
I dont expect much of localites but when i see so called educated IT people and college students (so called future generation) driving on wrong side and not obeying traffic lights then my blood boils. I take full advantage of my scorpio to bully such people albeit staying within legal limits.

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 9th December 2011 at 06:25.
Old 9th December 2011, 10:50   #897
Senior - BHPian

So the cops are taking action today,hiding behind this tempo and catching idiots unaware. Got great pleasure from seeing a Gunthesh (thanks Kaustubh_vaze for this term!) White Fiesta being charged too.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image187.jpg

But ha! Two cops and fines are no match for those hell bent on breaking the rules! 20 feet from where they are stationed, things are back to being "normal" (if we can call them that..)

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image188.jpg

Note the Tavera (taxi ofcourse!) . He later came face to face with a bus in the rightmost lane of the wrong side, and non-chalantly shifted to the left, as if the bus was illegally blocking his way.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image189.jpg

Last edited by sajo : 9th December 2011 at 10:55. Reason: URL didnt work
sajo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 10:57   #898
Senior - BHPian

Ojas, just after that did the cops realise of this happening. Pronto, one cop was sent to the merging junction and stood there with a lathi in his hand, as if playing baseball, and WHACK! one guy got it bad. I mean real bad.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 11:08   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ojas, just after that did the cops realise of this happening. Pronto, one cop was sent to the merging junction and stood there with a lathi in his hand, as if playing baseball, and WHACK! one guy got it bad. I mean real bad.
That must have been quite a sight!! My sadistic side so wants to see that happening!
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 11:32   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Man, how do you get to see this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
That must have been quite a sight!! My sadistic side so wants to see that happening!
So do I, so do I.

But the sane side of mine reminds me that a hefty fine would work more wonders than such actions. Wonder when they are going to pass the fine increase law amendment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks