Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 12:40   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I banged on a truck's side (as in banged my fists in frustration on his side ) on the Mezza9 road today. He was turning into Phase 2 before the 10:30 am deadline and had hogged the wrong lane, cutting me off to get back in lane without even checking, and I lost my temper. Some biker gave me an amused look and that was enough to put things in perspective: the truck is not his, my car sure is! If we get into a wrestling match the truck will suffer maybe a scratch, my poor car wll come much teh worse! Also I was alone and taking on a goonlike truckdriver is the last thing I want to do. So relaxed and turned my stereo on a little louder. Best option!
Old 17th January 2012, 13:08   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ lol. What a co-incidence. A Palio guy had stopped his car in the middle of the Don Bosco road just after the Viman nagar signal. Honked at him, no use. Drove aside next to him, gave a good hearing. Guy just scooted off. Felt gratified

Again just after getting down the hinjewadi bridge, in front of the IOC petrol pump, an I20 and Polo owner were either having a good window-to-window discussion or a verbal fight over something. Right in the middle of the road, stopping me and every car behind me. Gave an elongated loud 20+ second honk to revive both of them from their discussion.

These Vento owners, what can I say. Muhuaahaah.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 14:07   #978
BHPian

Was really sad to see a XUV driving on the wrong side on the flyover (going towards wakad) and then trying to muscle her way back at the end at around 1930, was really disheartened at the sight, given a soft corner i hold for it. :-( I think police need to start using tyre shredders as dividers and at traffic lights, that would teach them.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:09   #979
Senior - BHPian

So, yesterday, while coming to office, the cops were trying to manage traffic at the Mezza circle/square/rectangle/trapezoid.. whatever that junction maybe.

So, ahead of me is this Fiesta. We all await the 'go' from the pandu. Well, he did give the go in a bit, but this Fiesta guy wont move. Upon honking, this guy puts his hazards on. I think maybe, he sufferred a breakdown. So, try to overtake him, to see this guy merrily yapping away on the phone .

I gestured a what, and this guy shouts, "Sorry, this is an important call and I cant afford not to pay attention on the call".

All I could manage was a and move on.

Sigh.... same story, different day.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 12:12   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I gestured a what, and this guy shouts, "Sorry, this is an important call and I cant afford not to pay attention on the call".
There is a 1200 rupee solution for this. Its got something to do with blue teeth.
Atleast he wasnt yapping+driving. What route do you take these days ? Mezza9 or Shaky bridge ?
Since the beginning of this year long queues on the Mezza9 route are back.
Old 19th January 2012, 12:26   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
There is a 1200 rupee solution for this. Its got something to do with blue teeth.
What route do you take these days ? Mezza9 or Shaky bridge ?
Well, i was half in the mood to suggest the same, but then let go. If he had a little sense, he could have pulled over and then continued. Stopping in the middle of the road, for a call is certainly not the way to go. Well, at least thats what I was taught. But then, what do I know.

I take the shaky bridge road. For some reason, I dont like the Mezza route. Yeah, my choice of roads depends on my likes and dislikes .
Old 19th January 2012, 14:53   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anybody clarify what exactly is the pink rounded shape around Pune city? This certainly isn't the PMC limits, the current border between PMC & PCMC is well inside the pink figure.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-pune.jpg

On a very optimistic note, I would assume a ring road structure, but that seems quite doubtful.

On another matter, if somebody is tired of the traffic between Phase 1 chowk and Phase 2/3, you should opt for the back route via Infy circle - Megapolis road, preferably by start of next week. The road condition was bad towards the Megapolis end, which is being layered with a new tarmac. Should get completed by this weekend hopefully.
Old 19th January 2012, 15:23   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I banged on a truck's side (as in banged my fists in frustration on his side ) on the Mezza9 road today.
He bangs, he bangs! Did you do that from the confines of your car, you must have really long hands
I am glad that this was actually, um, a non incident

Quote:
I take the shaky bridge road. For some reason, I dont like the Mezza route. Yeah, my choice of roads depends on my likes and dislikes .
Which road has this shaky bridge? I am intrigued and would like to visit that. Is it more like the Paud phata overbridge which just rattles at those joints?
I am with you about the likes and dislikes part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Can anybody clarify what exactly is the pink rounded shape around Pune city? This certainly isn't the PMC limits, the current border between PMC & PCMC is well inside the pink figure.
On a very optimistic note, I would assume a ring road structure, but that seems quite doubtful.
unfortunately ninja bhai, this does seem more like the PMC limits. As far as I remember they were redefined as recently as last month.

If it were a ring road, the pink line would have continued on NH4 and not gone into Sus village.

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th January 2012 at 15:25.
Old 19th January 2012, 15:26   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Which road has this shaky bridge? I am with you about the likes and dislikes part.
Its the Wakad bridge SD. It judders and shudders and swings and shakes in peak hours. You really can feel it when in your car.
Along with a sloppy design, me thinks it has sloppy structural integrity too!
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 19:28   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It is indeed Pune City limit lines by Google. I agree that Google got it wrong. Pimple Saudagar & Pimple Nilakh are PCMC ares which are shown within Pune limits.

Another Point: These limits/lines only displayed when one search for Pune city in Google Search. Just try searching Lonavala & then follow NH4 to reach Pune. Now Google will not display city limits.

Quote:
Its the Wakad bridge SD. It judders and shudders and swings and shakes in peak hours. You really can feel it when in your car. Along with a sloppy design, me thinks it has sloppy structural integrity too!
Sajo Sir,
100% Agreed. Shudders are freaky. I had syndrom of witnessing sunset over Mhalunge - Kridanagri from Wakad Bridge (A sheer beautiful event over paddy fields & hiils).

OT: I moved out of Hinjewadi after working 4.5 years there. Now circle is complete. Even my current firm is shifting to Hinjewadi. Another 300 odd added to Hinjewadi traffic.

Looking forward to see you all {SajoSir, Noopster, Swanand, Ninjatalli, SelfDrive, MMXyloRider & others} in HJW.

Last edited by zalaps : 19th January 2012 at 19:30.
Old 19th January 2012, 21:59   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Sajo Sir,
....I had syndrom of witnessing sunset over Mhalunge - Kridanagri from Wakad Bridge (A sheer beautiful event over paddy fields & hiils).

....SajoSir,....
Sir mat kaho na...! <please try and rhyme it with Aunty mat kaho na...!>.

I am not exactly able to place the sunset point. By the hills, you mean those bordering HJW ?
In 2007 , my view of Hinjewadi was 80% paddy fields, open lands, lush greenery and mountain ranges in the distance as far as the eye could see. In 2012, it has been replaced with 20% fields, small buildings and rampant unplanned construction.
Old 19th January 2012, 23:51   #987
BHPian

Quote:
I am not exactly able to place the sunset point. By the hills, you mean those bordering HJW ?
My Bad. I could have described in detail. Here is map. Sunset is indeed in west. View to enjoy is in south-west direction.

Quote:
Sir mat kaho na...! <please try and rhyme it with Aunty mat kaho na...!>.
Its big, slow, thirsty and American which is earning you respect
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-untitled.png  

Old 20th January 2012, 11:09   #988
Senior - BHPian

So, zalaps. You moving into HJW or out of it? If moving into, where does your firm plan to relocate itself? As in, which phase?

300 aint too big a number as such. My company has started working on a 4 building SEZ in Ph4 which has a seating capacity of 20 -25,000! Imagine the traffic a couple of years down the line!

Time to save money and buy a horse, me thinks (at least I can cut across fields and reach home earlier!).
Old 20th January 2012, 11:57   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Time to save money and buy a horse, me thinks (at least I can cut across fields and reach home earlier!).
ROFL!!!

Now that really gave me some ideas!!!

Will have fun time entering the campus on a horse, what would the security check? Lift the horse's tail?? Holy horse!!
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 12:17   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
what would the security check? Lift the horse's tail?? Holy horse!!
I just somehow managed to stay in my chair reading / imagining this

I have long stopped getting my car to office. Cant really spend ~2 hours on road just like that. Why to drive when there is option to glide? So really enjoying the posts and rants at the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks