Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 11:47   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving Licence renewal woes - Medical fitness certificate required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My sisters DL expires on the 11th of next month.
Can the renewal be done online now or does one need to visit the RTO?

Also is there a link which lists the documents required to be carried and the form to be filled in?
I think renewal of driving licence can only be done in person at present, at least in Karnataka.

You will have to fill a form called CMV 9.

For more details and to download the required form, click here.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 11:59   #92
BHPian

I went to the RTO to get my license renewed,but was told to apply online for renewal. So I filled the form and uploaded the documents including the medical certificate and piad the fees. Now the status is showing as in process. May I know how much time is required for the renewal, do I have to Visit the RTO or it will come by post (coz the fees includes postage). And is the acknowledgement enough to drive around till the renewed license arrives. (Mine expired on 20th Apr and I applied on 10th May).
Old 10th May 2017, 14:36   #93
BHPian

I have a book type DL for LMV, issued from Thane (MH-04) that is valid till 2022. I am now staying in Bangalore. The booklet is now in tatters, and since I am planning on a drive to Ladakh in mid-August, I was planning to get a new smart card one. I also have a 2W licence (smart card) issued in 2005 (valid till 2024). This is for 2W with gear, and is issued by KA05. I recollect, that at time the officials mentioned that they would not be able to endorse 2W on my outstation booklet licence, and advised me to simply apply for a 2W licence here.

Now my questions are, and keeping in mind the fact that I would prefer to have this new lmv licence by July end:

1. Should I focus on only my LMV licence for now, or club 2W also (cuts down on multiple visits)

2. Would I be better off by going the fresh route- i.e. learners -> 1 month -> DL. What if they flunk me :O

3. Should I apply for address change (with smart card) for my LMV now, and bother about 2W later? The Karnataka RTO website says that it will take 60 days for determining genuineness of my current licence.

Also, there was a post/ thread that outlined steps a person took at Jayanagar RTO. Cannot seem to find it. Can anyone link that for me please.

Thanks,
Ajay
Old 10th May 2017, 19:16   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I have a book type DL for LMV, issued from Thane (MH-04) that is valid till 2022...
Please go back a page and refer to post # 85, 87 and 89 by Bhpian Pariwar. His recent experience may offer you some help.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 20:41   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Please go back a page and refer to post # 85, 87 and 89 by Bhpian Pariwar. His recent experience may offer you some help.
I saw that post, however Pariwar went to Mumbai for his work. I was referring to another thread or a post where a Bhpian had gone to Jayanagar RTO and done this on his own.

Anyways, I found this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95605-how-renew-driving-license-issued-other-state-5.html #62. Though this post is from 2015 and I cannot be sure if anything has changed. I think I will visit the RTO one of these days and see what my options are, considering that I would need the licence to be in my hand by the first week of August.

Cheers,
Ajay
ajayclicks is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 17:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariwar View Post
I am in the process of getting my book type driving licence renewed. Will try and document my experience in subsequent posts as the attempt is being made on Monday, 27 March 2017. Facts of the case:......

.......Called RTO Mumbai Central and the call was surprisingly picked up after a few rings and a patient gentleman, heard me out and instructed that I have to come there to renew, get new plastic card licence and then only NOC can be obtained. Said if I had the plastic card then I may not need to be there in person for obtaining NOC for transfer.
I am currently residing in Hyderabad and will continue to remain here for the foreseeable future. However, I continue to use my Mumbai address as a permanent address for all official purposes, including being listed in the electoral rolls in Mumbai.

My plastic card driving license expired in April 2017 and I approached the local RTO in Hyderabad to renew the same. I was told that I need to obtain a NOC from the issuing RTO, viz. Mumbai Central.

In this context, I would appreciate if you will provide me with the number of the Mumbai Central RTO so that I can understand how I could obtain the NOC without being present in person.

Or since I have the required documentation, should I visit Mumbai and renew the license there. The only issue is that our house is currently locked so receiving the renewed license is a hassle.

Maybe I could issue instructions to the post office to retain the cover till I next visit Mumbai. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Old 2nd June 2017, 18:59   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I am currently residing in Hyderabad and will continue to remain here for the foreseeable future. However, I continue to use my Mumbai address as a permanent address for all official purposes, including being listed in the electoral rolls in Mumbai.

My plastic card driving license expired in April 2017 and I approached the local RTO in Hyderabad to renew the same. I was told that I need to obtain a NOC from the issuing RTO, viz. Mumbai Central.

In this context, I would appreciate if you will provide me with the number of the Mumbai Central RTO so that I can understand how I could obtain the NOC without being present in person.

Or since I have the required documentation, should I visit Mumbai and renew the license there. The only issue is that our house is currently locked so receiving the renewed license is a hassle.

Maybe I could issue instructions to the post office to retain the cover till I next visit Mumbai. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Interesting Dilemma! The Mumbai Central RTO number that I reached out to is 022 2353 2337. While the decision is yours, a suggestion that I can provide to resolve the issue is:
  1. Get a known person to obtain the NOC from Mumbai Central, it's available across the counter on the same day.
  2. Renew the licence in Hyderabad with the address changed to current HYD residence
  3. When you are leaving HYD back to BOM, get the NOC from HYD

Advantages:
  • Future Renewals can be done in HYD
  • Licence continues to be MH-01, am sure that you have other documents for address proof
  • Quick Process Time, Resolves Nobody at BOM home issue
pariwar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 19:39   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting Dilemma! The Mumbai Central RTO number that I reached out to is 022 2353 2337. While the decision is yours, a suggestion that I can provide to resolve the issue is:
  1. Get a known person to obtain the NOC from Mumbai Central, it's available across the counter on the same day.
  2. Renew the licence in Hyderabad with the address changed to current HYD residence
  3. When you are leaving HYD back to BOM, get the NOC from HYD
Advantages:
  • Future Renewals can be done in HYD
  • Licence continues to be MH-01, am sure that you have other documents for address proof
  • Quick Process Time, Resolves Nobody at BOM home issue
Thanks for the prompt response.

Guess it makes sense to obtain the NOC and renew the license in Hyderabad. And hopefully, if and when I have to move, there will be a centralised data base so the need for a NOC may be obviated.

Any particular documents to be submitted to obtain the NOC. If I request someone to obtain it for me, I'd better make sure that only one trip is required. You know what it is getting around Mumbai.
Old 3rd June 2017, 13:08   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt response.

Guess it makes sense to obtain the NOC and renew the license in Hyderabad. And hopefully, if and when I have to move, there will be a centralised data base so the need for a NOC may be obviated.

Any particular documents to be submitted to obtain the NOC. If I request someone to obtain it for me, I'd better make sure that only one trip is required. You know what it is getting around Mumbai.
The usual stuff: - Driving Licence Copy & Original, Aadhar Card Copy & Original, Proof of HYD Address, Two Photographs. A couple of messages back is the mobile number of an agent that I made use of. Your contact can speak to him to facilitate.

Last edited by pariwar : 3rd June 2017 at 13:10. Reason: adding information
Old 3rd June 2017, 13:24   #100
BHPian

Quote:
........Licence continues to be MH-01, am sure that you have other documents for address proof
Quote:
The usual stuff: - Driving Licence Copy & Original, Aadhar Card Copy & Original, Proof of HYD Address, Two Photographs. A couple of messages back is the mobile number of an agent that I made use of. Your contact can speak to him to facilitate.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I have noted the name and number of the agent you used and whom you nearly put out of business by 'pestering' the clerks . I require some clarifications, though
  • Will the DL No. will continue to be MH01 xxxxxxx, even after I renew it in Hyderabad?
  • When you mention 'other documents for address proof', I guess you are referring to the Hyderabad address. Right?
  • Is the Aadhar card mandatory for the NOC? Reason for asking is that I have yet to apply for one.
Old 4th June 2017, 10:10   #101
BHPian

Please see inline for response to your queries

Quote:
  • Will the DL No. will continue to be MH01 xxxxxxx, even after I renew it in Hyderabad? Yes, mine continues to be MH01
  • When you mention 'other documents for address proof', I guess you are referring to the Hyderabad address. Right? Yes
  • Is the Aadhar card mandatory for the NOC? Reason for asking is that I have yet to apply for one.I don't think it is mandatory, however I believe they are trying to pre-empt a future requirement and entering the information, if available.
Old 5th June 2017, 10:52   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pariwar, do you have the format of the application handy? Or is it just a few lines requesting the RTO officer to issue an NOC? A driving school in Thane (MH-04) has confirmed that he can organize for NOC without me being present physically, and he is not even charging a lot of money. Hence planning to go the transfer route, rather than apply for a LL and DL here in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Ajay
Old 5th June 2017, 13:25   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pariwar, do you have the format of the application handy? Or is it just a few lines requesting the RTO officer to issue an NOC? A driving school in Thane (MH-04) has confirmed that he can organize for NOC without me being present physically, and he is not even charging a lot of money. Hence planning to go the transfer route, rather than apply for a LL and DL here in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Ajay
Ajay,
The format of the application is as simple as you described, a piece of pre-printed paper was available at the RTO.
Old 5th June 2017, 14:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
A driving school in Thane (MH-04) has confirmed that he can organize for NOC without me being present physically, and he is not even charging a lot of money.
I understood from Parivar's experience that, you to given your bio-metric details for getting NOC. How do you manage this part?
Old 5th June 2017, 14:43   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
I understood from Parivar's experience that, you to given your bio-metric details for getting NOC. How do you manage this part?
I do not know. I have yet to send everything to the driving school. In Parivar's case, it was also the renewal for expired licence. Maybe bio-metrics was required for that. I do have an Aadhar number, and plan to send a xerox of the same.

The driving school has told my sister (who is in Mumbai and is coordinating on my behalf) that I need to send original licence, xerox of aadhar card, xerox of Bangalore residence proof (not sure if aadhar can fulfill this role too, as I got my aadhar card done here) and 2 passport size pictures.

To reconfirm, I have an old book type licence issued from MH-04. This is valid till 2022. Since this is in tatters, and I am presently residing in KA-05, I thought of applying for a transfer of licence and into a smart card. This is more of a transfer rather than a renewal in my case (though I have crossed 40 yrs!). So not sure if biometrics will be required in my case now, or if required it would be KA-05 (current residence)

Last edited by ajayclicks : 5th June 2017 at 14:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks