Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 19:18   #1066
BHPian

Thanks for correcting me Thad E Ginathom. I was in a myth that they happen themself, lol
carlover84 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 03:21   #1067
BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

There are many insistences when the tyre can burst or other issues, causing the car to go out of control. I am not saying that it happened, but just stating that its not fair blaming the guy driving the car without any facts.

Last edited by kroniq : 4th April 2015 at 03:23.
kroniq is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 03:29   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

I said that accidents don't just happen: they are caused by something or someone. That is not necessarily the driver of any one of any vehicle involved.
Old 4th April 2015, 23:36   #1069
BHPian

With power comes great responsibility. Driving a lambo which pumps out 670 HP , is no joke , not everyone can handle such power , a peraon needs years of driving experience.
Old 4th April 2015, 23:48   #1070
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Pic Source:
https://www.facebook.com/supercarsin...364366/?type=1
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-11073502_820444721364366_2534602587598071621_o.jpg
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 10:25   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Correct me If I'm wrong but this is the only Murcielago SV in the country isn't it? or had he just put the wing and side sticker on a regular Murcielago?
Old 5th April 2015, 11:19   #1072
BANNED

The driver must be pretty skilled and cautious to have delayed injuries to this ride for this long ! Contrary to what most think if this is the first damage incident to this particular vehicle it was in the hands of a pretty solid driver. This car was around for a few years in Delhi, 5-6 if I am not mistaken. It's pretty impressive that it stayed in one piece for a period of 5-6 years. It takes a pretty mature person to make an SV670 stay spotless for ~5 years.

I consider myself a solid driver and I doubt an SV-670 would have lasted this long in one piece in my own hands, especially in a country like India.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 5th April 2015 at 11:27.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 13:33   #1073
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Correct me If I'm wrong but this is the only Murcielago SV in the country isn't it?
Yes, its the only SV in the country.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 13:36   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
The driver must be pretty skilled and cautious to have delayed injuries to this ride for this long ! Contrary to what most think if this is the first damage incident to this particular vehicle it was in the hands of a pretty solid driver. This car was around for a few years in Delhi, 5-6 if I am not mistaken. It's pretty impressive that it stayed in one piece for a period of 5-6 years. It takes a pretty mature person to make an SV670 stay spotless for ~5 years.

I consider myself a solid driver and I doubt an SV-670 would have lasted this long in one piece in my own hands, especially in a country like India.

Isn't that like saying that it would be impressive to own a gun for five years without shooting anybody?

Disclosure: I can't keep any car unscathed, these days, even for a year or two. I'd probably get the same dents and scratches for the same reasons even if my engine got magically upgraded by an order of horsepower magnitude [Blush]
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 17:07   #1075
PPS
Senior - BHPian

From youtube.

PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 19:12   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Yes, its the only SV in the country.
Oh god! I was afraid of that. The only SV in India and the driver crashes it : ' (((
I only mention this because it looks totalled and not repairable. No one would even be able to Import a second-hand in due to that X years since production rule wouldn't allow it.

Real loss to India's Supercar collection : (.

Last edited by Maky : 5th April 2015 at 19:15.
Old 7th April 2015, 02:08   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
From Youtube.
Thanks for the Youtube link.

Looking at the interiors, I didn't see any airbag leftovers.
The driver or passenger airbags would not have deployed since there was no frontal hit.

It looks more like a side hit, rear left side. What about curtain or b-pillar airbags ? Aren't these supercars equipped with various airbags ?
Old 7th April 2015, 12:08   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh god! I was afraid of that. The only SV in India and the driver crashes it : ' (((
I only mention this because it looks totalled and not repairable. No one would even be able to Import a second-hand in due to that X years since production rule wouldn't allow it.

Real loss to India's Supercar collection : (.
Its a car..accidents do happen and i am sure this was not an intentional accident by the owner.

Worst cases have been repaired..this is easy peasy, only depends if the owner wants to claim the car and repair it or just junk it. Anything can be done as long as one has a really fat wallet.

A car even older can be brought into the country..only thing the fine/ penalty has to be paid along with the normal duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Thanks for the Youtube link.

Looking at the interiors, I didn't see any airbag leftovers.
The driver or passenger airbags would not have deployed since there was no frontal hit.

It looks more like a side hit, rear left side. What about curtain or b-pillar airbags ? Aren't these supercars equipped with various airbags ?
You have answered your own question. They don't come with side curtains or b pillar airbags, just front.
speedy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 14:25   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Its a car..accidents do happen and i am sure this was not an intentional accident by the owner.

Worst cases have been repaired..this is easy peasy, only depends if the owner wants to claim the car and repair it or just junk it. Anything can be done as long as one has a really fat wallet.

A car even older can be brought into the country..only thing the fine/ penalty has to be paid along with the normal duty.

You have answered your own question. They don't come with side curtains or b pillar airbags, just front.
Not intentional. Why would anyone intentionally crash a car.....

I'm very glad to hear from you about restoration possibility though.
Could you elaborate on penalty on vehicles older than 4 years being imported please?
Old 7th April 2015, 14:40   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you elaborate on penalty on vehicles older than 4 years being imported please?
I am not well versed with the penalty as it depends on the invoice value. Going by the vintage cars imports the total percentage should be in the 300% mark.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks