Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 05:33   #871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
No, I just have multiple sources who can fix it now.
no kidding! so you are chucking the AM and going for the SLS. sweet. Now that'll be uber cool. mid 2010 delivery eh, thats not far way by my reckoning considering the car is just on the block.
Old 19th September 2009, 09:29   #872
BHPian

i have got no words to say..out of words from AM to SLS..
Old 19th September 2009, 10:30   #873
Senior - BHPian

Stunning

I'm speechless brother. No words. Is the SLS going to be made in RHD, unlike the McMerc? Can't wait. Now if only Pagani made a Zonda in RHD...
Old 19th September 2009, 10:36   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Now if only Pagani made a Zonda in RHD...

RHD Zondas are available.
@Ecks, no words to describe you, just
Old 19th September 2009, 10:58   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Sweet decision!
Are MB India dealerships taking bookings for the SLS already? What's does the SLS retail for?Can't seem to find it on the MBUSA website.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:12   #876
Team-BHP Support

Somehow, I have this uncanny feeling that Ecks is going to change his mind about the SLS! He might just consider the new 'Laren that's around the corner.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:17   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Somehow, I have this uncanny feeling that Ecks is going to change his mind about the SLS! He might just consider the new 'Laren that's around the corner.
I guess by now we all know ecks well enough to say it is less likely he'll consider the McLaren. why? service problem. remember? hes spoken about it often.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:36   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
no kidding! so you are chucking the AM and going for the SLS. sweet. Now that'll be uber cool. mid 2010 delivery eh, thats not far way by my reckoning considering the car is just on the block.
Yes,the wait isn't that long when you have the R8,M3 and LP to play around with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakehorsepower View Post
i have got no words to say..out of words from AM to SLS..
I have that effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Sweet decision!
Are MB India dealerships taking bookings for the SLS already? What's does the SLS retail for?Can't seem to find it on the MBUSA website.
MBINDIA (Taipan guys here in Chd) did say that they are in germany to collect info, so I don't see a reason why they won't launch the SLS in India. Retail is approx 2.5cr

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
I guess by now we all know ecks well enough to say it is less likely he'll consider the McLaren. why? service problem. remember? hes spoken about it often.
Well that is me! Nothing is for sure till you see it in our garage. But I am not sure of the Mclaren. One if the rhd/lhd thing and another being that its a McLaren guys! The legendary ULTRA rare and expensive Mclaren that replaces the F1! Now that will cost serious money and if I were to spend that much, why wouldn't I just get the Koenig or the Zonda? That money friends, will be spent when I go to the US for my masters.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:49   #879
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Well that is me! Nothing is for sure till you see it in our garage. But I am not sure of the Mclaren. One if the rhd/lhd thing and another being that its a McLaren guys! The legendary ULTRA rare and expensive Mclaren that replaces the F1! Now that will cost serious money and if I were to spend that much, why wouldn't I just get the Koenig or the Zonda? That money friends, will be spent when I go to the US for my masters.

Ecks, I know you keep yourself updated with new metal quite often, but I must say that the new McLaren MP-12C isn't in the same league as the Zonda or the Koenigsegg. It's a twin turbocharged 3.8 with 8 pots in a vee, churning out around 600 bhp. It is apparently targeted at the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4. It should retail at about $265,000. Now when you compare that to the Zonda, that's a bargain.

And it is a Brit supercar, so it should be available in RHD! And, it's a V8! I distinctly remember you telling us that you wouldn't want another 12 cylinder exotic as the Murcielago LP 640 is already pressed into service whenever needed! Seems like it's ticking all the right boxes, eh Ecks?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th September 2009 at 11:52.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:00   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Color will either be silver with red interior or red with black.
The last time I remember, you said that the red colour was "too loud for your taste".

Quote:
MBINDIA (Taipan guys here in Chd) did say that they are in germany to collect info, so I don't see a reason why they won't launch the SLS in India. Retail is approx 2.5cr
I guess you've been allowed a larger budget. Must've been some good convincing. Or is it because the Porsche has been sold off?
Old 19th September 2009, 13:24   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ecks, I know you keep yourself updated with new metal quite often, but I must say that the new McLaren MP-12C isn't in the same league as the Zonda or the Koenigsegg. It's a twin turbocharged 3.8 with 8 pots in a vee, churning out around 600 bhp. It is apparently targeted at the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4. It should retail at about $265,000. Now when you compare that to the Zonda, that's a bargain.

And it is a Brit supercar, so it should be available in RHD! And, it's a V8! I distinctly remember you telling us that you wouldn't want another 12 cylinder exotic as the Murcielago LP 640 is already pressed into service whenever needed! Seems like it's ticking all the right boxes, eh Ecks?
Whoa! Thanks buddy, I had seriously NO idea about the price. See the whole beauty of the 3.8 V8 engine is that it's vintage old school racer. If the price is at the level, then I'd be interested in that piece of art indeed! I guess college exams had kept my reading to a skimming level at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
The last time I remember, you said that the red colour was "too loud for your taste".

I guess you've been allowed a larger budget. Must've been some good convincing. Or is it because the Porsche has been sold off?
Yes it was loud for certain cars. But ever since I have been in love with the Melbourne red on the M3, the Rosso Corsa on Ferrari(all time fav) and the red on the merc look fab.

Larger budget because the car will be here next year and not this year. =)
Old 19th September 2009, 13:32   #882
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Whoa! Thanks buddy, I had seriously NO idea about the price. See the whole beauty of the 3.8 V8 engine is that it's vintage old school racer. If the price is at the level, then I'd be interested in that piece of art indeed! I guess college exams had kept my reading to a skimming level at best.

=)

No problem Ecks! I must add that it's a fantastic buy! It would surely be unique! It has 'Butterfly' doors, a stonking V8 and since it's only 3.8 litres, I'm guessing that it would be a screamer like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't come with a traditional shift stick which I prefer over any sort of paddles or buttons! But I'm sure you would love it!

The other problem is servicing her.

I'd love to see it in your garage man! And so would the rest of T-BHP!
Old 19th September 2009, 21:07   #883
Senior - BHPian

whoa! Nissan GTR-> AMV8-> SLS Gullwing! Congrats once again!I hope this is your final decision
Have you seen the SLS in person? And what made you choose this over the Aston?
btw SLS in red looks best IMO.
Old 20th September 2009, 03:39   #884
BHPian

woah!the sls!Congrats! its amazing how you book a car without even seeing it in person! or have you?? although i still feel the sls is a failed attempt by mercedez of making a modern version of the 300SL. no offense man!

Last edited by suped99 : 20th September 2009 at 03:48.
Old 20th September 2009, 10:56   #885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
woah!the sls!Congrats! its amazing how you book a car without even seeing it in person! or have you?? although i still feel the sls is a failed attempt by mercedez of making a modern version of the 300SL. no offense man!
Somehow, I feel the same way. But failed is too strong a word. They just haven't been able to capture the essence of the original 300SL the way other makers have managed to when they re-create classic cars. The car, however is great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks