Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 06:40   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Its a fuel cap lock.
Congrats Abhishek on the Iron. No need to go in for the lockable fuel lid for now if you have a proper parking. You can go for it anytime. But do invest in Screamin Eagles, sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
What's the fuel quality to be used ? HD website mentions Octane 91 or higher.
Low compression engine like the 883 can even run on kerosene in emergencies. However don't try that at home :-). Normal Petrol is just fine for it.
Old 4th February 2014, 08:10   #242
BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Didn't you forget the insurance ? Would cross 8 then
Nope mate. Isurance was included in 6.91 as shown below.

Bike cost - 5,96,445
VAT 12.5% - 74,556
Insurance - 17,550
CRTEMP - 3,000
-----------------------------
Total - 691,551
Old 4th February 2014, 16:27   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's the fuel quality to be used ? HD website mentions Octane 91 or higher.
I have used anything from Shell to petrol bunks on the highway. I have heard a bit of knocking when inferior quality fuel is used. But one has no choice when going on longer rides - have to use petrol from the bunks available on the highways.

Thanks.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 17:51   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Nope mate. Isurance was included in 6.91 as shown below.

Bike cost - 5,96,445
VAT 12.5% - 74,556
Insurance - 17,550
CRTEMP - 3,000
-----------------------------
Total - 691,551
Is that 5.96 Ex-Showroom or 6.91 Ex Showroom considering different numbers in your previous post.

Iam presuming its the Iron 883 which you have finalized?
Old 4th February 2014, 17:55   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is that 5.96 Ex-Showroom or 6.91 Ex Showroom considering different numbers in your previous post.

Iam presuming its the Iron 883 which you have finalized?
Am confused here. SuperLow costs Rs. 5,91,000 and the Iron 883 costs - Rs. 6,71,001 and then you have taxes/registration/accessories etc.

Mine came up to 9L after all this. not to mention the gear I got along with this. Helmet (open faced), Leather/mesh jacket, half finger gloves.
Old 4th February 2014, 17:58   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Am confused here. SuperLow costs Rs. 5,91,000 and the Iron 883 costs - Rs. 6,71,001 and then you have taxes/registration/accessories etc.

Mine came up to 9L after all this. not to mention the gear I got along with this. Helmet (open faced), Leather/mesh jacket, half finger gloves.
Me too confused Shubz

When I asked the HD showroom guys, I only asked them how much will it cost me OTR. They said its 8.20 Lakhs ( any accessories would be over and above this price)

Abhishek, can you relook at the break up and provide the correct info again? Thanks!
Old 4th February 2014, 19:33   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am confused here.
Quote:
Me too confused Shubz
I don't see what's confusing here. He has clearly specified that 6.91L is the cost of the Iron with Insurance and temporary registration only. He has specified that he will be registering the vehicle himself at a place where there is no octroi. He has specified total cost as -
Quote:
So its gonna be 6.91 lakh (Ex shoroom price that i will pay to the dealer) + 60k for registration + 33k for accessaries which will include 16k for engine guard, 7k for pillon , 7k for footpegs + 3k for Fuel filler kit (Is this actually required ??).
So that's a total of Rs. 7.84L approx.

I would advise Abhishek to skip engine guard and lockable fuel filler cap for now. That can be added at anytime and won't hinder any of his needs. The cost on-road, then, would be Rs. 7.65L, and start saving for Screamin Eagles . Sorry to hear that they now cost 44K for the Iron vs 22K for 2013 Superlow that I just got them for, with no change in performance, grunt or sound in either, only difference is the looks...

Last edited by dkaile : 4th February 2014 at 19:41.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 19:41   #248
Senior - BHPian

I beg to differ on the engine guard thing. Dhiraj. Sorry. Engine guard is a must. One of my friend dropped his iron and if not for the engine guard, would have ended up with a bigger damage. It wasn't a crash but just a drop from almost stopped position. The engine, the tank, the crank case etc are all at risk without that. Didn't mean to offend you Dhiraj bro. Better safe than sorry.
Old 4th February 2014, 19:42   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't mean to offend you Dhiraj bro. Better safe than sorry.
No offence mate. Yeah, for lighter guys it's can be said to be a must have. For me, it just another workout . I can handle the 260kgs easily... The bike's made me fitter at 45. I am more full of energy than ever before just at the thought of riding the bike everyday. BTW, my 2 Harley mates (in Javelin making business here) have fabricated their own engine guards at less than 5k with same functionality and looks. I have posted one of their Street Bob's photo here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3362255 where their fabricated engine guard is partially visible.

Last edited by dkaile : 4th February 2014 at 20:02.
Old 4th February 2014, 20:02   #250
Senior - BHPian

Though am not advocating on company engine guard. I was talking about engine guard in general. And to the lighter guys thing. The guy who dropped it is well built. And he forgot to unlock the handle lock and moved the bike. :-)
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 20:47   #251
BHPian

Irrespective of the riders body frame, one more point that works in favour of the engine guard is that many times curious onlookers in India have this habit of instantly wanting to climb on the bike and take a pic (when you are away from the bike). I have experienced it first hand. Similarly, when friends/relatives want to just sit and feel the bike, although you cant stop your heart from beating faster, the engine guard gives some sense of safety just in case.......
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 17:54   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Me too confused Shubz

When I asked the HD showroom guys, I only asked them how much will it cost me OTR. They said its 8.20 Lakhs ( any accessories would be over and above this price)

Abhishek, can you relook at the break up and provide the correct info again? Thanks!

Mate

Total OTR for me will be around 7.8 Lakhs as correctly mentioned by Dhiraj. It is Costing me almost 30k less as i stay outside octroi zone.
Abhishekjp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 11:21   #253
BHPian

Hi Shubz and others,

Let me start with a quick note of thanks for all the information and guidance on this tread. While I have been a avid reader for a while now, It gives me pleasure to share that I have taken the plunge the HD way after being tingled by the Kawasakis, Hinda's and Triumphs.

Got the love of my Life my 2014 IRON 883 in Amber Whisky Already done with the essentials mods including the screamin Eagles. I will start soon with my creative briefs but glad to be part of this community.
AC_genius is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 12:36   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_genius View Post
Hi Shubz and others,

Let me start with a quick note of thanks for all the information and guidance on this tread. While I have been a avid reader for a while now, It gives me pleasure to share that I have taken the plunge the HD way after being tingled by the Kawasakis, Hinda's and Triumphs.

Got the love of my Life my 2014 IRON 883 in Amber Whisky Already done with the essentials mods including the screamin Eagles. I will start soon with my creative briefs but glad to be part of this community.

Welcome to the fold sir! Please feel free to mention what ways were you tingled by the K's and the H's and the T's!

Also please share details about the essential mods, Anything different from the foot pegs/back rest/crash guard?
Old 17th February 2014, 13:14   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_genius View Post
Congrats on joining the Harley family. Wishing you many years of happy and safe riding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks