Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 12:23   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD :( !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
The website shows that thruxton is 360deg firing interval. On the uk website it is the scrambler that has the 270deg firing interval. This might be right because the 270deg firing has less hp compared to the 360deg. Whereas the thruxton has 1 bhp more than the se bonnie
Thruxton has 360deg. firing. Scrambler has more torque which is required/usefull for the off-road use, and hence, the 270deg. firing as the sequence starts before the first one is complete.

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 14:37   #827
Distinguished - BHPian

My bad. Yes, its the Scrambler that has different firing degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Thruxton has 360deg. firing. Scrambler has more torque which is required/usefull for the off-road use, and hence, the 270deg. firing as the sequence starts before the first one is complete.
Ram, curious to know from your long experience of Bonneville

Globally (in terms of sales, rave reviews) which out of the 3 models having the same engine capacity ( Bonneville, Thruxton & Scrambler) is most popular and some thoughts on why would be great too
Old 14th November 2014, 16:06   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ram, curious to know from your long experience of Bonneville

Globally (in terms of sales, rave reviews) which out of the 3 models having the same engine capacity ( Bonneville, Thruxton & Scrambler) is most popular and some thoughts on why would be great too
Bonneville of course

Why ? You yourself have answered this a few posts ago.

This is the best all rounder of the lot. Throw it at anything (well almost) it would acquit itself reasonably.

Scrambler - would be rather uncomfortable to handle on tarmac where/when speed is involved. The appeal is limited in that sense

Thruxton - is only for speed affictionados and not for a person who enjoys all aspects of biking.

Believe me both Scrambler and Thruxton has huge fan following as well.

One strong feature that sells the three classics is the nostalgia and the benefit of the modern technology in the current lot.

These are my humble views on the subject

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 17:01   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bonneville of course
I sort of knew this answer. Just wanted you to say it again, sounds good you see

Quote:
Why ? You yourself have answered this a few posts ago.This is the best all rounder of the lot. Throw it at anything (well almost) it would acquit itself reasonably.
Oh yeah. I rode almost entire range of Triumph bikes ( not around the corner test ride but, for a substantial distance of 30kms-60kms+) and impressed with each and every bike

But, when i get back on saddle of Bonnie. This feels the best and luckily never makes me regret my decision. Smooth engine, Relaxed, Comfortable yet Powerful and Superb handling. A very mixed bag of features hard to find in a single bike in this price range hence makes it vfm (IMO)

Quote:
Scrambler - would be rather uncomfortable to handle on tarmac where/when speed is involved. The appeal is limited in that sense
I totally love the brutal look of a Scrambler. Good decision by Triumph to not release it in India as there would be very few takers for that love me or hate me looks (especially the twin exhausts on the side).

Quote:
Thruxton - is only for speed affictionados and not for a person who enjoys all aspects of biking.
Same thing. Thrux looks gorgeous and possible the best looking in classic range. Wish it was as comfortable and handles as good as the Bonnie

Quote:
Believe me both Scrambler and Thruxton has huge fan following as well.
Yes. There are some modification aficionados who have done plenty of things to these two models

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th November 2014 at 17:03.
Old 15th November 2014, 15:06   #830
BHPian

Folks, the Triumph India website lists the MY2015 Bonneville with 61PS in the performance section.

Has the bike been de-tuned from its normal 68 PS?
Old 15th November 2014, 16:22   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Folks, the Triumph India website lists the MY2015 Bonneville with 61PS in the performance section.

Has the bike been de-tuned from its normal 68 PS?
There was a post bout this earlier in the day - apparently (according to that post), every Triumph model has been detuned.

It doesn't say why. Is there a relation between PS/BHP rating and tax/prices? I can't think of any other reason off the top of my head.
Old 15th November 2014, 17:36   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
There was a post bout this earlier in the day - apparently (according to that post), every Triumph model has been detuned.

It doesn't say why. Is there a relation between PS/BHP rating and tax/prices? I can't think of any other reason off the top of my head.
Thats bad news. I checked the website. Apparently the power and torque have been detuned on the SE, T100 and Daytona(not sure about this one but i thought it was 128ps before)!!! Why? Now the Bonnie has inferior performance than the street 750 AND the price is still 5.85L ex showroom. Thats seriously going to affect the sales, and drive people to opt for the street 750 due to its lower price. One of the reasons i chose the Bonnie over the Iron 883 was the significant difference in power while still being cheaper.
Old 16th November 2014, 09:04   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
Yes. Apparently Triumph has gone bonkers and is detuning most of the range of their bikes to slightly lower power output for their upcoming 2015 models

God knows whats the reason, if it was tax related its always the cubic capacity and size (in cars) thats in consideration but, power and torque rating was never one

Everyone is checking with Triumph for the real reason for this decrease and we should know soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
One of the reasons i chose the Bonnie over the Iron 883 was the significant difference in power while still being cheaper.
Argchoff, you now have a collectors item in your hand. Please dont sell your Bonnie, it will go for a few lakhs more in some years down the line

And, Oh please dont compare Iron 883 with a Bonnie, just doesnt deserve to be compared
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 14:10   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Apparently Triumph has gone bonkers and is detuning most of the range of their bikes to slightly lower power output for their upcoming 2015 models

God knows whats the reason, if it was tax related its always the cubic capacity and size (in cars) thats in consideration but, power and torque rating was never one

Everyone is checking with Triumph for the real reason for this decrease and we should know soon
The Bangalore dealer claims that the bikes sold currently are MY2015 models (since Triumph runs from a July-June model year). If this is true, folks who picked up their vehicles in the Aug/Sept just past would definitely be curious.

Please do keep us posted if you hear from Triumph. Parts of the website still clearly mention 68 PS. However, the brochure clearly mentions 61 PS, thus clearly contradicting everything else

Speaking of contradictions: in the course of half a day, I've also been told that the Newchurch edition would and would not make it to India. Any clarity on that would also be appreciated.
Old 23rd November 2014, 08:06   #835
BHPian

Triumph Bonneville on the beach

Photos from my recent trip to unknown beach near Alibaug. If you are riding in a Konkan reason, don't go to the beaches which are famous, ride through roads parallel to the beaches using google map. If you will find a small passage going toward any beach, use it and you will be at lonely beach.

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_0538.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_0541.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_0543.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_0544.jpg
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 15:57   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Photos from my recent trip to unknown beach near Alibaug
Pawan, lovely pictures. You seem to be having a whole lot of fun with your Bonnie

Btw, your personality suits the bike really well. From the pictures I make you out to be small and lithe build.

For heavily built guys like me a fat harley would have suited better
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 16:08   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me make it interesting here for you Avi, is it a fat Harley or the Triumph Tiger 800 XC eh!

Pawan those photos of you and Bonnie doing mud/sand slinging on the beach looks awesome. I am tempted to hit the beach soon. The bonnie looks super cool in that color and that windsheild makes it look even better.

I am also a bit disappointed by Triumph de-tuning their engines for the Indian market. Come on Triumph! we as customers are shelling out 6+ lacs on your base model and 20+ lacs on your top end model just to find out we are getting the de-tuned engines.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 24th November 2014 at 16:09.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 10:51   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Pawan, lovely pictures. You seem to be having a whole lot of fun with your Bonnie

Btw, your personality suits the bike really well. From the pictures I make you out to be small and lithe build.

Why Harley, Thunderbird or Thunderbird LT is better option. By the way with my slim personality, I was able to handle Thunderbird very well. Rode Thunderbird in a city, easy to handle that 1700 CC compare to Harely SuperLow 883, isn't strange ?? But true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I am also a bit disappointed by Triumph de-tuning their engines for the Indian market. Come on Triumph! we as customers are shelling out 6+ lacs on your base model and 20+ lacs on your top end model just to find out we are getting the de-tuned engines.
I read they detuned it for the Indian fuel which is not suitable for higher compression ratio bike, but how KTM Duke 200 managing it with 11.3:1 compression ratio? Where as Bonneville has just 9.2:1 ratio. Agreed with Speed Triple which has 12.65:1 ratio and may not suitable for low octane fuel. But why Bonney's bhp reduced from 68 BHP, 67 NM to 61 BHP 60 NM, didn't get it.
Old 25th November 2014, 11:15   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let me make it interesting here for you Avi, is it a fat Harley or the Triumph Tiger 800 XC eh!
Ofcourse Triumph Tiger 800XC is zillion times better than any Harley which is primarily a lifestyle statement. I think you missed my ROFL emoticon at end of my sentence

Having said above, I would still love to own a BIG harley in USA as it belongs there

Quote:
Why Harley, Thunderbird or Thunderbird LT is better option. By the way with my slim personality, I was able to handle Thunderbird very well. Rode Thunderbird in a city, easy to handle that 1700 CC compare to Harely SuperLow 883, isn't strange ?? But true.
Not at all strange as I too have rode it a few times and I agree with you. Its butter smooth like all other Triumphs and handles decently well for such a big bike

Quote:
Quote:
I read they detuned it for the Indian fuel which is not suitable for higher compression ratio bike, but how KTM Duke 200 managing it with 11.3:1 compression ratio? Where as Bonneville has just 9.2:1 ratio. Agreed with Speed Triple which has 12.65:1 ratio and may not suitable for low octane fuel. But why Bonney's bhp reduced from 68 BHP, 67 NM to 61 BHP 60 NM, didn't get it.
Well, we are all assuming things on this issue. It could be as simple as a typo mistake on their website (hearts of heart, iam hoping its that)
Old 25th November 2014, 11:21   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, we are all assuming things on this issue. It could be as simple as a typo mistake on their website (hearts of heart, iam hoping its that)
Avi, the "typo theory" was nixed yesterday with Pramod posting the ARAI certificates on the other (Rumor) thread.

In fact, if anything, I do believe the title of the thread needs to be ammended now.

Its definitely not a rumor. Only thing left are official explanations and resultant reactions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks