Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 14:08   #31
BHPian

my F-I-L has many 'juicy' mango trees in his backyard.....lemme me c if i can loan a few from him.
Old 3rd April 2007, 14:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Are Harleys LHD or RHD

In US the bikes are usually considered as CR's

CR= Crotch Rockets.
Old 4th April 2007, 02:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
In US the bikes are usually considered as CR's

CR= Crotch Rockets.
Not Harley's, that term is used more for Sportsbikes rather than cruisers like Harley's.
Old 7th April 2007, 14:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

waiting to see it on road now....
Old 14th April 2007, 16:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
American bike maker, Harley Davidson wants to come to India and has uncle Sam working for them with the Indian authorities to lower duties and emission norms for their products.
Looks like the yankees got their way with our spineless American chamcha government. The government has officially announced that they will reduce import duty and lower emission norms to facilitate Harley Davidson's entry into India. This is outrageous and should be opposed. Why the special treatment to Harley Davidson?

Quote:
We will issue a notification on the import of bikes with an engine capacity of over 800cc lowering the emission norms from BS IV to BS III norms. This would facilitate import of Harley Davidson bikes,
Quote:
Though bikes in India have to meet the Euro IV norms, premium 800 cc bikes like Harley Davidson are being been given a liberal treatment.
I hope the media takes up this worthy issue rather then blabbering about cricket. Why should the citizens breathe in polluted air and why should harley be given prefrential treatment? If they can't comform to our emission norms, let them not come into our markets. I just wish our government didn't bend over like this for the yankees.

Full story: Indian Express.

Last edited by amit : 14th April 2007 at 16:13.
Old 14th April 2007, 19:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Look at the bright side, Japanese literbikes will also slip in although the popular 600 cc class dosent make it.
Old 14th April 2007, 21:53   #37
BHPian

Yeah, now any individual or firm can import 800cc up bikes without homologation. So lot of Japanese bikes going to be coming in now. WOW.
Old 15th April 2007, 00:54   #38
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...leys-here.html

mods, similar discussion in both threads, merge.

manson.
Old 15th April 2007, 10:47   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Looks like the yankees got their way with our spineless American chamcha government. The government has officially announced that they will reduce import duty and lower emission norms to facilitate Harley Davidson's entry into India. This is outrageous and should be opposed. Why the special treatment to Harley Davidson?

I hope the media takes up this worthy issue rather then blabbering about cricket. Why should the citizens breathe in polluted air and why should harley be given prefrential treatment? If they can't comform to our emission norms, let them not come into our markets. I just wish our government didn't bend over like this for the yankees.

Full story: Indian Express.
Amit, Try looking at the bright side of the issue here .... Indian farmers will benefit by getting dollar prices !!! I wish they wud do this for apples as well .. apples for a Harley -- Ill get a few of them .

As for the pollution and stuff ..... there is a lot more that you and me can do , instead of blaming the govt . Go plant a few trees every year and then go look after them ... then get your family to do the same and your friends and so on !! It will wipe out a lot of pollution ..... and dont say you ion Bombay so cant do that coz Im sure there will be plenty of empty tracts outside of Bombay .

SPINELESS ....
Old 15th April 2007, 11:42   #40
BHPian

Looks like Harleys' are on the fastlane to India. There is an ad shoot going on for one of the Harley s below my office. A model in a red dress (short skirt and all... ) riding the bike with a suit clad dude sitting behind her. Well not riding actually, they are sitting on the bike and there s guy behind them pushing the bike .. Could not get any pictures though.. Took my cell out and the people over there started jumping around.. n i don't know much about Harley models'. So could not identify it.
Old 15th April 2007, 12:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose View Post
Amit.. somehow HD does not strike me as a 'PERFORMANCE BIKE'.
It's like saying the Bullet is a performance bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
10L for a harley i would say around 15+ sound realistic

Its a harley after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Not Harley's, that term is used more for Sportsbikes rather than cruisers like Harley's.

Maybe HD will send in their chassis to India - to be fitted with Enfield 500 engines. If the market does no respond, they may even start fitting them with Enfield Diesel (Robin to some) engines since the rich here prefer diesel economy.

After which Khaadu will start selling his Green Apples to Japan, and we will get some proper motorcycles in exchange. Bikes with GO, not flashy chromed pumpsets sitting on strengthened (and chromed) bicycle frames.
Old 15th April 2007, 14:38   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
After which Khaadu will start selling his Green Apples to Japan, and we will get some proper motorcycles in exchange. Bikes with GO, not flashy chromed pumpsets sitting on strengthened (and chromed) bicycle frames.
I Simply LUV ur vision ..... keeping my fingers crossed that it comes true
Old 19th April 2007, 20:19   #43
BANNED

I dont think any bike will be as polluting as a Bajaj Autorickshaw . Dont you guys feel bajaj is getting a preferential treatement here ?
Old 4th January 2009, 21:08   #44
BHPian

Harley DAVIDSON in INDIA ?

I saw last segment of some program on Super bikes in india where i could learn in the last lines of the presenter that "one dont have wait long for Owning a HD in INDIA as they are coming soon !"

Any idea when is HD opening an official shop in the country ?

cheers:

BTW when does the infraction disappear from my left side menu bar & whats it for

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 4th January 2009 at 21:09.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:20   #45
BHPian

Hi, Infractions means Warnings, u get 3 of them and your out/banned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks