Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 23:42   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I could have sneaked a picture of the prototype, but I just thought against it. Sorry.
About the engine, I have a gut feeling that Harley is going to launch this BikeX in the 3-4L bracket with an 800 odd cc engine, and launch the fully fledged Harleys with a heftier price tag, 8-15 L range.

manson.
That aint fair at all. Dont let us gasping for the PIX, post it man if you have few ... words just dont matter much :(
Old 6th April 2009, 23:54   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
manson bhaaji what is your gut freeling about the launch date of the bike. when do u think it will be available to the indian aam junta. and the shape of bike x resembled which of the harley bike
I expect Harley to launch within 6 to 8 months, they seem to have got most of the bike in place. The BikeX came across like a baby V-Rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
That aint fair at all. Dont let us gasping for the PIX, post it man if you have few ... words just dont matter much :(
If I had clicked any, and posted them on a forum that is surfed often by members of the automotive industry, it would not have been fair to the research agency and Harley Davidson.
Had I seen the bike at random, without an invitation to their workshop, the pictures of the same would have already been posted on his thread.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 6th April 2009 at 23:59.
Old 7th April 2009, 00:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
3.75L sounds too good for a Harley
Damn right - the price is spot on and will make Bullets seem ridiculously expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I hope it comes with a decent engine.

Quote of the year!

I'm sorry akshay - no offense meant. Just that I fell off my chair after hearing 'Harley' and 'decent engine' in the same breath.

Maybe they will have Kirloskar Pumpsets on the Indian version, instead of the American pumpset. Though at 3 lakhs we really should expect a Coimbatore pumpset.
Old 7th April 2009, 00:21   #79
BHPian

well if the price is anywhere south of 4 lac ,i will have to let go of my r15 and opt for this baby v-rod. i just love the exhaust note of the harleys
Old 7th April 2009, 01:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I could have sneaked a picture of the prototype, but I just thought against it. Sorry.
About the engine, I have a gut feeling that Harley is going to launch this BikeX in the 3-4L bracket with an 800 odd cc engine, and launch the fully fledged Harleys with a heftier price tag, 8-15 L range.

manson.
No problem at all,buddy. I totally understand. Just that the first time a brand such as HD is entering the market,makes us curious to know what the bike would look like.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:20   #81
Senior - BHPian

This is great news indeed. A Harley for under 4L I'd better start saving up. And some people in another forum were saying a 250 twin is not possible for 2L. They shoudl see this. Really hope this happens. This will redefine leisure biking in India. Go Harley. How I love mangoes.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:30   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
nothing more than 3.75L.
Need to see this to believe it. Now to wait for 2010.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Need to see this to believe it. Now to wait for 2010.
In the survey there were 3 options. 3.75L was the maximum and 2.25L was minimum. I don't believe they will make it more expensive than that for sure. That could be the ex-showroom price though.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
In the survey there were 3 options. 3.75L was the maximum and 2.25L was minimum. I don't believe they will make it more expensive than that for sure. That could be the ex-showroom price though.
It is not necessary for HD to go by the survey right and at the current exchange rate they will not be able to match the pricing for 3.75 Lakh. The closest bike at this price point is the Harley Sposter 883, it retails for about 7K USD+ other charges.

But if HD has developed all new bike for India which is highly unlikely IMHO. The wait begins....
Old 8th April 2009, 13:32   #85
BANNED

Quote:
3.75L was the maximum and 2.25L was minimum. I don't believe they will make it more expensive than that for sure.
Still hard to believe. But i so want it to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
The closest bike at this price point is the Harley Sposter 883, it retails for about 7K USD+ other charges.
Exactly. And thats the cost in US. If they go CBU they will attract duties that will double its landed price, pushing it to 7-8 lakhs.

Quote:
But if HD has developed all new bike for India which is highly unlikely IMHO. The wait begins....
I dont think they like our mangoes so much to do that. But again, i would be happy to be proved wrong.
Old 8th April 2009, 18:20   #86
Rockzer

Guys,

Any update on this when they are going to launch their bikes in India. I am eagerly waiting to buy one.

Old 9th April 2009, 03:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

Even if they bring it at 2L, I wouldn't buy it. I gave them very very poor ratings while surveying the 13 bikes before they revealed to us that its HD.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even if they bring it at 2L, I wouldn't buy it. I gave them very very poor ratings while surveying the 13 bikes before they revealed to us that its HD.
They appeal to a different sort of crowd - for whom speed and control dont matter at all. Its the image that matters - and HD have successfully created the image over the years, supported by hundreds of suppliers of 'custom' chrome and leather parts (that you can buy off the shelf!!!!), a lifestyle created with tonnes of cool merchandize and accessories, etc.

I am sure that crowd will be glad that 'cool' comes cheap. Again in India we will have a lot of people who care two hoots about the image or the lifestyle, but are taken up by the fact that they can buy an 800cc bike for about 4 lakhs. There will be loads of them.

I think people here will be comfortable with spending on leisure upto that price point. IMHO 12 - 15 lakhs for a motorcycle is out of range for the vast majority, and this is where the Japs are.

I despise Harley Davidson motorcycles (not the brand - I love the marketing job!) and 'lifestyle riders' with a vengence, but will be glad if HD brings their bikes at these prices - it will force the others to become more realistic with their prices, which is good for all of us!

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th April 2009 at 11:50.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:55   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think people here will be comfortable with spending on leisure upto that price point. IMHO 12 - 15 lakhs for a motorcycle is out of range for the vast majority, and this is where the Japs are.
wait and see ,how they will be going to sell good numbers in big metropolitan cities like delhi,bombay,bangalore and in the state of punjab.when they establish clubs etc ,more numbers can be expected.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:06   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
but will be glad if HD brings their bikes at these prices - it will force the others to become more realistic with their prices, which is good for all of us!
+1 to that, its time we had someone come in at that price and offerings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks