Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 21:41   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Kawasaki has discontinued the grey and lime green frame colour scheme in the Z900

This will be replaced with the all black variant which was supposed to be launched in a very limited numbers to gauge response
I visited Rideventur today about the Z900. It seems the black color was a limited edition and is stopped. Grey will be back in Dec-end.

I am 99% going to book the bike on Thursday - the other option was the Street Triple S - but its over a lakh costlier and has a 3-4 months waiting period

Also - i am going to get the Akra exhaust - is it a good idea to get it installed at the time of delivery ? Or makes sense to run-in the engine and then get it installed ?
Old 15th November 2017, 12:49   #197
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I visited Rideventur today about the Z900. It seems the black color was a limited edition and is stopped. Grey will be back in Dec-end.

I am 99% going to book the bike on Thursday - the other option was the Street Triple S - but its over a lakh costlier and has a 3-4 months waiting period

Also - i am going to get the Akra exhaust - is it a good idea to get it installed at the time of delivery ? Or makes sense to run-in the engine and then get it installed ?
When I spoke to Dennis from Rideventur a couple of days back, there was no clarity on when the grey color would make a comeback.

Also, Bengaluru Traffic Police has been removing aftermarket exhausts in the city for a while now. They had shared the picture of a z800 sometime back with the price of the exhaust mentioned.

Do consider that! You wouldn't want a mechanic hastily removing the exhaust for you as the police has been having done

That said, most sales folks suggest running in the bike first. Do check on pricing of essential bike protection at Rideventur. The prices they had mentioned were very lucrative!
Old 15th November 2017, 13:08   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I spoke to Dennis from Rideventur a couple of days back, there was no clarity on when the grey color would make a comeback.

Also, Bengaluru Traffic Police has been removing aftermarket exhausts in the city for a while now. They had shared the picture of a z800 sometime back with the price of the exhaust mentioned.

Do consider that! You wouldn't want a mechanic hastily removing the exhaust for you as the police has been having done

That said, most sales folks suggest running in the bike first. Do check on pricing of essential bike protection at Rideventur. The prices they had mentioned were very lucrative!
I have been speaking to Shariff - he said clearly that they are expecting grey in the next allotment in December end. Maybe Dennis was trying to push you towards existing stock ? Delivery of Green has been promised in 1-2 weeks while Grey only End December.
I know about the BTP drive against aftermarket exhausts - but so far i have seen them targeting only Bullets & likes. I absolutely didn't like the stock exhaust on Z900 - so i am in a bit of a quandary. The international forums seem to be suggesting that Slip-ons dont affect the running-in one bit - so lets see.

I did ask about the pricing of Kawa OEM bike protection pricing - seems ridiculous compared to aftermarket options. Especially if they can be sourced from Aliexpress or US. I am just planning to get Radiator Guard (30-40$ on Ali), R&G Frame Sliders ($100 from revzilla US) & Puig Windscreen ($120).

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2017 at 00:28.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 14:17   #199
BHPian

Quote:
I have been speaking to Shariff - he said clearly that they are expecting grey in the next allotment in December end. Maybe Dennis was trying to push you towards existing stock ? Delivery of Green has been promised in 1-2 weeks while Grey only End December.
Thanks for that bit.

Dennis mentioned a shipment of green bikes is on its way and is expected this week. This in addition to the 2 green bikes they apparently have in the stockyard. Even the Chandigarh dealer was non committal on the grey, even though he has no stock to clear. But welcome news if it is coming back!
Do check the bikes thoroughly. One black one parked in the showroom had a nick and spots of rust where the swing-arm is attached to the frame. Not expected of a brand new bike
Will the Akra have warranty implications?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2017 at 00:28.
Old 15th November 2017, 14:43   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Will the Akra have warranty implications?
I am sure any aftermarket exhaust will have some warranty implications. But since its a slip-on, one could always attach the stock muffler back before claiming warranty i am guessing.
Old 15th November 2017, 15:54   #201
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure any aftermarket exhaust will have some warranty implications. But since its a slip-on, one could always attach the stock muffler back before claiming warranty i am guessing.
Hi Mihir,

I totally get why you want an aftermarket exhaust, but try the stock for a few days, it is remarkably understated at lower RPMs with a violent intake howl above 6k (which you will enjoy post run-in). If you ride through places like Bandipur forest reserve, you will thank the stock exhaust.

Also, you might have to go to the service station for a number of reasons, they will record that you have an aftermarket exhaust, unless you remove it before going there each time (doesn't sound too practical).

Anyways, wish you a trouble free purchase, enjoy your motorcycle.

Regards
Surajit
Old 15th November 2017, 16:06   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Hi Mihir,

I totally get why you want an aftermarket exhaust, but try the stock for a few days, it is remarkably understated at lower RPMs with a violent intake howl above 6k (which you will enjoy post run-in). If you ride through places like Bandipur forest reserve, you will thank the stock exhaust.

Also, you might have to go to the service station for a number of reasons, they will record that you have an aftermarket exhaust, unless you remove it before going there each time (doesn't sound too practical).

Anyways, wish you a trouble free purchase, enjoy your motorcycle.

Regards
Surajit
I am also actually debating when to get the Akra - thing is if i dont get it now - i might not be able to convince the Home Minister to splurge 60k again on the bike

Besides i will be buying the Akra from the showroom itself - so its not that they wont know. So i am relying on Kawasaki's bullet proof reliability to an extent - and if push comes to shove - taking a chance with removing the slip-on (should be more than a 15 min job)
Old 18th November 2017, 23:07   #203
BHPian

Quote:

I am 99% going to book the bike on Thursday - the other option was the Street Triple S - but its over a lakh costlier and has a 3-4months waiting period

I would definitely suggest you do it after run in or even better not do it at all
I think this bike beats street triple in all aspects and the price makes it all the more sweeter.and if city riding/daily commute/excessive heat figure anywhere in your scheme of things then it's a complete no brainer
Absolute gem of a bike.the only problems if at all you are going to have any is not with the bike only with Rideventur I can assure you that
Old 18th November 2017, 23:44   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
the only problems if at all you are going to have any is not with the bike only with Rideventur I can assure you that
May I request you to elaborate?

Been hearing good things about dealerships and after sales in other cities. It's different here?
Old 19th November 2017, 01:45   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
May I request you to elaborate?

Been hearing good things about dealerships and after sales in other cities. It's different here?
They are strictly average in terms of service and poor in terms of sales. Most of the sales reps behave as if the bikes are their own property which they are lending it out for those who are paying for it.

Service was poor initially with poor quality work and very high Labour charges. However, the quality of work has improved off late and the labour charges have been reduced. Still can be termed as average only IMO, not good.
Old 19th November 2017, 01:50   #206
Senior - BHPian

I was charged less than 5k for my first service while my mate in Chennai was charged 8k for the same. So discrepancies still remain. I hope Kawasaki brings its dealers in line soon.

Cheers...
Old 19th November 2017, 01:55   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I was charged less than 5k for my first service while my mate in Chennai was charged 8k for the same. So discrepancies still remain. I hope Kawasaki brings its dealers in line soon.

Cheers...
Chennai dealership has a very poor reputation. Infact, we consider Bangalore dealership as average - but I've seen multiple Chennai guys riding down to Bangalore for service.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 14:44   #208
Senior - BHPian

Z900 Recall

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...n-india-406697

Cheers...
Old 29th November 2017, 15:14   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Did you by any chance get to ride the RS and the S? I am confused between the Street Triple and the Ducati Supersport and the fact whether it makes sense to go for the higher versions for the better (or superior?) suspension for someone who will only use the bike few days of the month.
Old 29th November 2017, 15:17   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Did you by any chance get to ride the RS and the S? I am confused between the Street Triple and the Ducati Supersport and the fact whether it makes sense to go for the higher versions for the better (or superior?) suspension for someone who will only use the bike few days of the month.
No i didnt ride the RS. For a weekend rider like me who is not going to take the bike to the track - the better suspension is a overkill. Also - if i up the budget - Ninja 1000 is a better buy.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks