Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 02:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I guess Mqil4ajo test drove the Z900 in the US where it is available as a non-ABS version as well. In India, the Z900 is available only in the ABS version.
Apologies, I missed to mention that. US has both models. I wouldn't recommend the non ABS even if India had it. A machine of this kind can benefit from ABS especially in Indian riding conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
I've shortlisted the Z900 and the Striple Triple 765 (more suggestions are welcome).
Nice bikes to compare. Haven't tried the ST. But on basic paper specs, the biggest advantage is the weight. The ST is around 190kgs compared to the Z900's 210kg. Not much when calculating the P2W ratio. But the ST's inline 3 is torquey and sounds sweet. Plus you have traction control and Triumph build quality. Not sure the Yamaha FZ-09 price in India, worth a look.

I am planning to consider the low ride height ST R when it releases post August.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:00   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
But the ST's inline 3 is torquey and sounds sweet. Plus you have traction control and Triumph build quality. Not sure the Yamaha FZ-09 price in India, worth a look.

I am planning to consider the low ride height ST R when it releases post August.
Exactly. Given an option I would choose the ST R. The R version has too much equipment and gets the additional 5" TFT screen and 5 rider modes. But again the price is going to be a major concern.
There is always a better bike if we decide to push the budget by another lakh. There is also the Brutale 800 which will be close to a lakh costlier than the ST R.
I started at the Benelli 600i and have managed to push my budget upward by 4 lakhs and I'm not pushing it further 😂

The MT-09 costs close to 11Lakhs ex-showroom here. I guess they import it as CBU in India.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
I started at the Benelli 600i and have managed to push my budget upward by 4 lakhs and I'm not pushing it further.
Fiesta, the Z900 ABS is INR 12,15,000 on road Mumbai with some needed (check a few posts back) accessories right from the showroom. Keeping this in mind, the Chennai price probably may not come under 10 lakhs on road. The 9.09 lakhs is only the ex-showroom price.

Maybe, just maybe, the Street Triple 765 base model S could be around the 10 lakh OTR mark. The R and RS even if offered in India should be around or more than the Kawasaki pricing. I hope I am wrong though.

Pound for pound with the additional features (traction control, rider modes) which the Triumph offers, it would be the bike to go for. Of course, if its the in-line four your heart desires, then there cannot be any contest

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 17:13   #79
BHPian

Hey Cyborg, thanks for the input. As per the Kawasaki dealership in Chennai, the OTR price of the bike is going to be close to 10.5Lakhs. I know that it is going to stretch my budget a bit, but I don't have a lot of options at hand. The bike is going to be hitting the showroom next week but the sad part is, as there is going to be only one bike available, test drives won't be available at least for the next couple of months as per the dealer. I'll be visiting the dealership once they get the bike and I'll keep you guys posted on the information.

As much as I'd love to have an in-line 4, the safety aids available in the Street Triple are too good compared to just the ABS in the Z900 as you had mentioned. If the Street Triple R and the Z900 are in the same price bracket or if the R is only a little pricey, then I'd mostly go with the R. But I'm really confused on the verdict if it's between the Z900 and the Street Triple S. I should drive the bikes and should then make the decision I guess.
Old 12th April 2017, 12:01   #80
BHPian

Quote:
As much as I'd love to have an in-line 4, the safety aids available in the Street Triple are too good compared to just the ABS in the Z900 as you had mentioned. If the Street Triple R and the Z900 are in the same price bracket or if the R is only a little pricey, then I'd mostly go with the R. But I'm really confused on the verdict if it's between the Z900 and the Street Triple S. I should drive the bikes and should then make the decision I guess.
Hey Fiesta_21, I would suggest to wait for the new Street to arrive if its just around the corner. Apart from the bells and whistles and other comparo; the riding pleasure of the Street is USP of the bike and when you ride these bikes back to back even if you consider Z800 and current Street; you are in love with the Street undoubtedly. The basic characteristics of the two bikes are different and depends on what you desire.

Street is more torquey and fun in the lower rpm band too whereas Z is a little subtle and disciplined.

The Street S would be in and around the price of the Z900 as is speculated and Street R a couple of lakhs northwards.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 13th April 2017, 14:54   #81
BHPian

Thanks for your input Amey. Ya, I've to ride these bikes in order to finalize on one. The riding modes and the safety net on the street will also be a major factor as this will be my first big bike. I'm hoping that triumph will price the street triple range well.
If the R is a couple lakhs more than the Z900, then it is surely ruled out
Old 21st May 2017, 15:33   #82
BHPian

Hi guys!! Did any of you get the bike? The atittude of kawasaki dealer here in bangalore is absolutely pathetic to say the least. They are clueless about everything and don't even pick the phone most of the time. Don't know if I am the customer or them.I booked the bike in March and yet to get any update about the delivery. The display bike itself arrived around April end and last 3-4 weeks I have only been told delivery of the bike will begin shortly. The display bike was the bright green color and was too gaudy and bright for my liking. I wanted the other sober Grey with green frame which I thought looked much more classy. The dealer here has no clue about the color options as well. Very frustrating Already taxes for big bikes here in karnataka increased drastically in April. Now I am worried if I will have to pay some more if these guys delay it beyond June once gst kicks in
Old 21st May 2017, 16:51   #83
BHPian

I'm not sure if I'll be jumping into a conclusion without​ driving the bike and looking at the upcoming street triple. As per the Chennai dealer they have only one bike and test drives won't be possible at least for a month or two.
What was the on road price they quoted for you?
Old 21st May 2017, 19:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Hi guys!! Did any of you get the bike? The atittude of kawasaki dealer here in bangalore is absolutely pathetic to say the least. They are clueless about everything and don't even pick the phone most of the time. Don't know if I am the customer or them.I booked the bike in March and yet to get any update about the delivery. The display bike itself arrived around April end and last 3-4 weeks I have only been told delivery of the bike will begin shortly. The display bike was the bright green color and was too gaudy and bright for my liking. I wanted the other sober Grey with green frame which I thought looked much more classy. The dealer here has no clue about the color options as well. Very frustrating Already taxes for big bikes here in karnataka increased drastically in April. Now I am worried if I will have to pay some more if these guys delay it beyond June once gst kicks in
I booked the bike yesterday from Kawasaki Bangalore, I was told I will get the bike in June, there are two colour options, the green one and the black grey (this was confirmed in one of the youtube videos of the mumbai showroom). I too booked the black grey option. I am really hoping to complete the sales transaction before GST is effective. Well, for now, there is no other go, other than believing the Kawasaki sales guys, unless someone knows someone higher up.

Also, they confirmed that the accessories will be delayed, apparently the ship carrying them is scheduled to arrive in July. There is always an element of confusion in new bike launches. Fingers crossed!
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:22   #85
BHPian

I was hoping GST to reduce the prices, and not increase (esp after huge April increase) - Am I wrong here?
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:04   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I was hoping GST to reduce the prices, and not increase (esp after huge April increase) - Am I wrong here?
I really don't know but news like this does not help at al :(

http://www.business-standard.com/art...1900368_1.html
Old 24th May 2017, 10:34   #87
BHPian

Does anyone know how much it is taxed now?

Damn, everything is getting expensive - The steep rise in Road Tax in April doesn't help either
Old 24th May 2017, 13:00   #88
BHPian

They are currently charging 19.98% road tax plus 1% TCS. Attaching the Bangalore price list I received from Kawasaki Bangalore. This is again very murky and there is complete lack of clarity. As per news reports published earlier the tax charged on Two wheelers till 31st March was 12% which was hiked to 18% for all bikes costing more than One Lakh from 1st April whereas the Pricelist says We have to pay almost 21%. And once Gst kicks in from July 1st this will be further hiked to 31% Can somebody with more knowledge on this subject throw some light please
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)-img_3224.jpg  

Old 24th May 2017, 15:08   #89
BHPian

Quote:
We have to pay almost 21%. And once Gst kicks in from July 1st this will be further hiked to 31% Can somebody with more knowledge on this subject throw some light please
The road tax is 19.98%. I compared this with Harley Davidson also.

The rest of the charges in the 21% are for the other stuff like the endorsement etc that they mention. Sometimes they club 'handling charges' also. That is NOT tax

Also, GST will have an impact on the ex-showroom price of the bike, not on the road tax. That will remain at 19.98%
udainxs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 11:29   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys!! Did any of you get the bike? The atittude of kawasaki dealer here in bangalore is absolutely pathetic to say the least. They are clueless about everything and don't even pick the phone most of the time. Don't know if I am the customer or them.......... Very frustrating
Kawasaki sales and service experience, both are pathetic in Bangalore. Be aware of this before you take the plunge.

When we buy a SBK, we have high expectations from the dealer but don't be surprised if the dealer gives you your bike keys and tell you to take your bike from the basement on the day of delivery! Yes, this has happened with my friends who ride Z800.

The service is equally pathetic and I say that from my personal experience. They won't take the call, not inform you when the bike is ready and touch your bike with oily dirty hands. They are not very skillful either.

That said, Kawasaki makes amazing bikes so finally it's worth all the trouble. I love the Z800 so I am sure that Z900 will be even more amazing. Let me know when you get the bike, you can join our Z riding group in Bangalore. As a group, we find a lot of ways to escape the pathetic servicing from Kawasaki through DIYs and external technicians.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks