Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2017, 23:45   #121
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Congrats Surajit! Seems like the Z900 has carried over the same characteristics from the Z800 (rideability in the city). Please posts some pics of your Z. Awaiting a detailed thread too.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 00:01   #122
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congrats Surajit! Seems like the Z900 has carried over the same characteristics from the Z800 (rideability in the city). Please posts some pics of your Z. Awaiting a detailed thread too.
Thanks V12, we all thoroughly enjoyed your Z800 thread. Here's a few mobile pics, excuse the quality of pics and the excitement in my face

Regards
Surajit
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)-img_6507.jpg  

Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)-img_6513.jpg  

Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)-img_6518.jpg  

Surajit333 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 00:39   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Got my Z900 delivered today.
Congratulations.

Quote:
Also, non Bangalore guys, did you get your accessories set yet?
This doesn't come with the bike? Please get the radiator guard atleast ASAP. One stone thrown up by the front tyres at speed can be both costly and time consuming to repair.

Happened few days back only with a new Bangalore Versys 650.
Quote:
Here's a few mobile pics, excuse the quality of pics and the excitement in my face
Woah! From the reviews I thought only the green was launched. This black with green frame is sexy. Just the right amount of aggression compared to the green which is more in-your-face for my taste.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:06   #124
BHPian

congrats buddy for the new kawa z900. Do keep us posted with more pics and review.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:43   #125
BHPian

Congrats Surajit! Ride safe. Happy miles ahead.

Just curious to know; does the buyer have an option to not opt for accessories offered by Kawasaki on Z900? And how much does the amount reduced? Did not see the accessories which is offered by Kawasaki in your pictures such as - Akrapovic exhaust, Frame Sliders etc.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 13:11   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Congrats Surajit! Ride safe. Happy miles ahead.

Just curious to know; does the buyer have an option to not opt for accessories offered by Kawasaki on Z900? And how much does the amount reduced? Did not see the accessories which is offered by Kawasaki in your pictures such as - Akrapovic exhaust, Frame Sliders etc.

Cheers,
Amey
Hi Amey, thanks for your kind words.

No, there is no option to not opt for accessories. As per Kawasaki Bangalore, the accessories has not been shipped from origin country yet. They will be available by July end. I have listed the set of accessories in page 5 of this thread, there is no Akrapovic though.
Old 22nd June 2017, 13:26   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, there is no option to not opt for accessories.
I believe this option will come soon if STripple sales bother the Z900. They could undercut the pricing of these accessories are made optional.
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:13   #128
BHPian

Congrats Surajit! The bike looks smashing in this colour combo. Waiting for a detailed review of the bike.
How good is the intake sound and does it have the traditional inline 4 hum? I couldn't hear it clearly in the videos.
Is the availability of ron95 fuel good in Bangalore? Did the dealers say anything about using ron91 instead? When I visited Kawasaki Bangalore the guy said it was ok to use ron91 but I'm not really sure if that's a good idea.
Happy riding!
fiesta_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:22   #129
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amey, thanks for your kind words.

No, there is no option to not opt for accessories. As per Kawasaki Bangalore, the accessories has not been shipped from origin country yet. They will be available by July end. I have listed the set of accessories in page 5 of this thread, there is no Akrapovic though.
Lovely

In Mumbai, Anzen Auto had displayed the Z900 with accessories (Radiator Guard, Spools and Sliders) with an OTR of 12.25 I think. The Akra's were extra though.

Could you please provide a breakup of the price, please and other details like - Fuel, Service Intervals etc.

Agree with CD - please get the basic accessories ASAP - Rad guard, spools, sliders etc. Check out https://japan.webike.net - lot of Kawasaki accessories available (not sure if Z900 is listed - haven't checked).
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 20:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Congrats Surajit! The bike looks smashing in this colour combo. Waiting for a detailed review of the bike.
How good is the intake sound and does it have the traditional inline 4 hum? I couldn't hear it clearly in the videos.
Is the availability of ron95 fuel good in Bangalore? Did the dealers say anything about using ron91 instead? When I visited Kawasaki Bangalore the guy said it was ok to use ron91 but I'm not really sure if that's a good idea.
Happy riding!
Thanks Fiesta. I have not ridden enough for a detailed opinion on the bike. 3k kms after running in would be a good time to start writing.

I had to travel for a day after buying the bike. Reached today, snatched the keys and went for a 4 lane ride to add kms to the running in. My my, the Intake H-O-W-L! it's really loud, possibly louder than the exhaust. It was amazing. I guess one hears it from the tank side while going in higher RPMs so difficult to capture in videos. I had ridden the Z800 for 300kms (rented) and also the Bennelli 600, I don't recall being this impressed with the intake sound. I hear the Z1000 intake sounds better but I haven't ridden it.

This bike's engine is so ride-able, it's better to ride in traffic than my KTM 390 and it's caged-cat like acceleration. I was forced to ride through slush, gravel roads and some really bad patch of road. The bike including myself barely broke a sweat (I had ridden the tiger XR in such situations, my heart was in my mouth). This could because of it's low seat height and the feeling of sitting in the bike rather than on top the bike.

Bhanu, the head of Kawasaki Bangalore service (very knowledgeable guy) recommended higher octane fuel specially HP's Power 99. I decided to use this fuel during run in and later fill up high octane whenever possible. Regular 91 works fine as per Bhanu. Frankly I don't know much about fuel, will try to figure out if the bike feels different in 91 octane and 99 then decide accordingly.

Day 3 rating: 12 out of 10.

Thanks
Surajit
Old 25th June 2017, 09:46   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Surajit : Congrats on your Z900. I just stumbled upon this thread and see you recently bought it. It's a brilliant bike and I am sure it's more pleasurable than a Z800 to ride

I have ridden the Z800 and Street Tripple several times and have been always impressed with Z800 as it felt more solidly built and felt so easy to ride compared to Street Tripple which has a difficult riding position, lot lighter, stripped down for my preference

Have recently ridden the Z800 again (few weeks ago) and was blown away by the in-line 4 music and the riding position (BHP'ian IDPsharma's bike has a slightly raised up bar position and felt comfy)

Wishing you many miles of riding happiness. Will we see your ownership report here?
Old 26th June 2017, 06:16   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Fiesta. I have not ridden enough for a detailed opinion on the bike. 3k kms after running in would be a good time to start writing. I had to travel for a day after buying the bike. Reached today, snatched the keys and went for a 4 lane ride to add kms to the running in. My my, the Intake H-O-W-L! it's really loud, possibly louder than the exhaust. It was amazing. I guess one hears it from the tank side while going in higher RPMs so difficult to capture in videos. I had ridden the Z800 for 300kms (rented) and also the Bennelli 600, I don't recall being this impressed with the intake sound. I hear the Z1000 intake sounds better but I haven't ridden it.
Quote:
Regular 91 works fine as per Bhanu. Frankly I don't know much about fuel, will try to figure out if the bike feels different in 91 octane and 99 then decide accordingly.

Day 3 rating: 12 out of 10.

Thanks
Surajit
A word of advice: Please stick to RON95+ Fuel as far as possible. This is what Kawasaki asks for and must be for a good reason ! This is based on my ownership experience of a Z800 during past one year.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th June 2017 at 19:08. Reason: Please dont quote long post for a short reply
Old 26th June 2017, 16:15   #133
BHPian

Quote:
This bike's engine is so ride-able, it's better to ride in traffic than my KTM 390 and it's caged-cat like acceleration. I was forced to ride through slush, gravel roads and some really bad patch of road. The bike including myself barely broke a sweat (I had ridden the tiger XR in such situations, my heart was in my mouth). This could because of it's low seat height and the feeling of sitting in the bike rather than on top the bike.
Great to know this. Is this your first high capacity motorcycle (Was the 390 your last bike)? I'm looking forward to my first big motorcycle too coming from a 200NS. I've ridden my fair share of the 390. I'm glad to hear the z900 is easily rideable. I'm a bit inclined towards the S Triple cause of the electronic aids on offer. Should take a thorough test drive of both bikes.

Last edited by fiesta_21 : 26th June 2017 at 16:16. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 27th June 2017, 12:01   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Surajit : Congrats on your Z900. I just stumbled upon this thread and see you recently bought it. It's a brilliant bike and I am sure it's more pleasurable than a Z800 to ride

I have ridden the Z800 and Street Tripple several times and have been always impressed with Z800 as it felt more solidly built and felt so easy to ride compared to Street Tripple which has a difficult riding position, lot lighter, stripped down for my preference

Have recently ridden the Z800 again (few weeks ago) and was blown away by the in-line 4 music and the riding position (BHP'ian IDPsharma's bike has a slightly raised up bar position and felt comfy)

Wishing you many miles of riding happiness. Will we see your ownership report here?
Thanks Avi, although the new street triple could be amazing bike in it's own right, I never did like the way it looked (personal preference). Sure, there will be an ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
A word of advice: Please stick to RON95+ Fuel as far as possible. This is what Kawasaki asks for and must be for a good reason ! This is based on my ownership experience of a Z800 during past one year.
Hmm, can you please clarify, have you experienced any problems with regular 91? Many of my rides takes me places where there is no question of getting anything apart from ron 91.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Great to know this. Is this your first high capacity motorcycle (Was the 390 your last bike)? I'm looking forward to my first big motorcycle too coming from a 200NS. I've ridden my fair share of the 390. I'm glad to hear the z900 is easily rideable. I'm a bit inclined towards the S Triple cause of the electronic aids on offer. Should take a thorough test drive of both bikes.
Yes fiesta, this is my first high capacity motorcycle. I have been riding everyday for the last 18 years. I drive the car only on weekends to ferry the family around. In my hunt for my next purchase, I test rode all that is to test ride, additionally I rented three key bikes Z800, Triumph Tiger, Versys 650. My favourite was the Versys, but I wanted more poke and music from the engine, second was the Z800, loved the engine, but felt it should lose 20 kgs, Triumph Tiger XR didn't quite go well with me. So when they announced the Z900 it was all that I was hoping for.

Please do test ride the Striple and the Z900 and buy whatever appeals to you. Please try and getting the test ride on a highway if possible, they are very different on higher rpms.
Surajit333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 12:13   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I test rode all that is to test ride, additionally I rented three key bikes Z800, Triumph Tiger, Versys 650. My favourite was the Versys, but I wanted more poke and music from the engine, second was the Z800, loved the engine, but felt it should lose 20 kgs, Triumph Tiger XR didn't quite go well with me. So when they announced the Z900 it was all that I was hoping for.
Nice to know you liked the Versys over the Tiger which actually is not a surprise to me

And, I also know that urge of having that wee bit of extra poke for that extra fun (who doesn't like a bit more juice for faster accelaration) and I can't blame you for falling for an inline 4 engine

My ideal bike would be the Versys with Z900 in-line 4 engine and sound (not like the V1000 and most definitely not at that price point)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks