Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats!

The second one at TBHP!

Any mods planned?
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
As for MODS i would certainly like to add a HARLEY Vrod type of long handle if its technically & esthetically possible as i feel personally it will improve my sitting posture & give me a better & relaxed driving pleasure.
Again why spoil a perfectly good looking performance bike?

Quote:
I feel bit nervous when i am trucking the bike forward or backward to park in place as i feel i will loose the balance 7 bike might skid or fall. I am 80+ 5'7" ! But when the Rocket is on move or even on prowl I feel it so light ! I really love the sound the beat & loud thump. It can be heard from a distance & one is bound to turn around the glance at it.

cheers: To Yamaha for making MT01 available in India !

Would it not be easier to ride into a parking slot?
While taking it out, sit on it and ask someone to help you pull the bike out
Old 19th November 2008, 20:52   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Congrats Jonny Bravo

This bike looks very macho.Drive safe

Can you please share the cost involved ?

thanks
1115 On Road price

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats Johnny, awesome bike. Just a small Q, the way the silencers are placed isnt there a chance that the Silencer gets hot and scorches the pillion's legs?
Well certainly NOT the cover on Silencer (black) are some plastic or other material which just get warm enough enabling me to place my palms after a long cold drive during night. It very nicely placed above the actual silencer with heat dissipating fans under the seat. This fan keeps the seat cool & dont let the silencer cover over heat !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congratulations.The bike is a looker.I had an oppurtunity to ride one for few weeks and sure it gets noticed.Enjoy.
Man Attention ... Well i had gone to market place today & after parking the bike when i came back to it i saw young boys & men swarming my bike like Bee around the hive. I had to struggle to get them away from my bike with the sting like look on my face. man they were crazy each one was wanting to sit pillion & have a ride or so. But i put my foot down & throttled my way away form them. One guy on road actually followed me long while & caught me on one traffic signal & asked me few questions about it. One thing for sure on this BIKE as against any other sports racer bike like hayabusa etc the MT01 look so macho different so loud in sound ... that every one gets so intrigued & intimidated by its presence around them.

When i was cutting the rush hour in traffic i could move around at high speed with great balance when cutting corners etc between two vehicles ! It after riding it for about 200 kms make me feel more confident then ever. i now dont get scared to throttle it upto 200kmph ! WOAH man it feels scary when i felt my helmet going upwards of my head thx for it being tied tight on my head !

Bikes is made really solid ... the thumps are very loud to make owner/rider feel as though they own the road. When i was steering between cars etc traffic i could see most of them really giving me way , may be they felt the loud thump from a distance & were noticing how fast i was rushing between them, the pickup certainly came handy ! yes all the exercise was well within safety limits ! I wish to write more & will certainly post my view over the next few dayz. Hope you guys like them.

Before i had placed my order i was looking for real detailed & real world experience on such forums but weren't really there so i will fill in the void with my texts ... hoping they do make sense !

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Congrads Johnny. Nice buy. Nice pics

Why?

Again why spoil a perfectly good looking performance bike?

Would it not be easier to ride into a parking slot?
While taking it out, sit on it and ask someone to help you pull the bike out

Well now today i have dropped idea of any MOD. i am very happy with the handle bar cox when i am driving real fast say above 110 or so or say when throttling fast i just dip on the tank to make me gain more balance & control on the machine !

I am really looking for sliders for this bike but couldn't find it any where in DELHI ... ANy help will really be appreciated.

)Mods sorry for using ... more than few times but i cant find a , or . to use there as it didnt make sense there, hoping you allow exceptions ! THX
Old 19th November 2008, 21:02   #48
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the new acquisition Johnny!
I understand your 'rolling the bike into parking' problems. My bike is at 205 kgs dry weight, and it can be quite a hassle to roll sometimes, especially loose suraface, therefore i think before i park.
At 270 kgs dry weight, you should be thinking a lot before you park.
Keep us posted on your learning curve.

manson.
Old 19th November 2008, 21:16   #49
BHPian

Congrats on your new bike !! drive safe with all the safety gear on
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
You'll get yourself killed or worse - hurt the bike
I guess you should have interchanged the words
Old 19th November 2008, 21:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Congrats on your new bike !! drive safe with all the safety gear on

I guess you should have interchanged the words
yeah sure then the feeling could have been better ! more humane )
Old 19th November 2008, 22:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

Well jonny you spend some big bucks on that bike. Public attention is the least you should expect. Ride safe. Have fun.
Old 19th November 2008, 23:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Well jonny you spend some big bucks on that bike. Public attention is the least you should expect. Ride safe. Have fun.
Thats why any one when asked me the price of bike when i was going around the town i said just let it be yaar ! Just enjoy the looks of my bike. Simple & safe way w/o antagonizing roadies !
Old 20th November 2008, 01:55   #53
BHPian

Congrats Johnny, i would vouch for anytime for a MT 01 more than the R1. Ride safe and most main thing of all, respect its power and and the throttle.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:18   #54
BHPian

Congratulations, Jonny. The pics are great...love the right profile of the bike with the chrome exhausts coming out. Please share the Delhi dealers contact details. Thanks. Bomi.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:40   #55
BHPian

WOW! Thats a great looking bike!

Congrats on the purchase.
Old 20th November 2008, 18:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No the exhausts are Yamaha, still costly because they are titanium end cans.

OE upgrade through Yamaha is Akrapovic. AFAIK Yoshimura doesnt make end cans for this one - you need to go to Akrapovic (through Yamaha or otherwise), Sato Racing, Over Racing or Steintune for aftermarket cans.
Thanks for the info.

Is it the angle of the photo or is the pillion seat designed only for kids ? In the photos, looks as if a well endowed Indian adult will have a hard time in the pillion.
Old 20th November 2008, 18:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Is it the angle of the photo or is the pillion seat designed only for kids ? In the photos, looks as if a well endowed Indian adult will have a hard time in the pillion.
The pillon is designed for Size 0 supermodels. Some of today's McKids wont be able to use it.

@ Johnny Bravo - what tyres do they provide on the bike? Those definitely dont look like the OE Metzelers that they normally sell with.

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th November 2008 at 18:35.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:51   #58
BHPian

My todays experience :

I understood that when i was driving about 120KMPH. My SPARX helmet was wanting to fly away so I had stop & tie it real hard on my double chin area ! Still i wish if there could be more secure way to tie them as I enjoy speed at lonely streets on Express WAYs.

I also saw that maneuvering the bike on speed is very easy then by trying to take a U turn on MT1 from Speed 0 (stationary bike)

When speeding thru traffic its so easy to throttle & rush past any traffic. On lighter note i have rarely used my funny horn ( as i also hate honking & that too on a bike) as the moving bikers somehow turn around & see whats causing the loud noise approaching them from the middle of nowhere ! It really make me laugh when they slow down & take more left side of road to have a better look at my machine. Surprisingly There are no MT in my knowledge in the NCR region.

There are so many R1's but they are facing competition in terms from Looks department as the new R15/16 seems so my like R1 ! I am lucky to have a fallen in for MT01 as its unique & looks feels so different on ROAD. Yes at times i feel when revving low it sometime sounds like its far distant country cousin Classic bullet but soon it roars & make its presence felt.

I rode about 30kms wearing gloves with hard knuckles etc but i saw my hands going numb as i was holding the handle bar quite tight to have a firm grip on the machine ! as i was maneuvering thru crazy ND traffic ! I plan to go to CP some time next week to see how the folks react to its looks there. I want to take it to all prominent places to enjoy the looks ... HEHEHE YEAH I am getting some divine pleasure when i see the envious looks (its so human to feel so). Dont get me wrong but cant help but feel so !

I will try to shoot some videos & have them posted on Utube ! Hoping hard if i can lay my hands on HELMET CAM (on loan ofcourse for few days from any owner).
Til then i will enjoy the way it is.

:( sadly no one in delhi can provide me with Sliders as the ones available for R1. BTW the R1 slider ... will they fit on my bike. I have seen R1 with sliders but cant make out if they will fir on MT1 !

Hoping to find a place soon till then
Old 21st November 2008, 21:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!
Whats the on road cost and who was the dealer?
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:21   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I understood that when i was driving about 120KMPH. My SPARX helmet was wanting to fly away so I had stop & tie it real hard on my double chin area !
You need a smaller helmet, something that you feel is tight the first time you try it, it will break in gradually, and 4-5 long rides should make it quite comfortable.
A loose helmet can be dangerous at time of a fall, can mostly cause neck injuries.

Quote:
I will try to shoot some videos & have them posted on Utube ! Hoping hard if i can lay my hands on HELMET CAM (on loan ofcourse for few days from any owner).
Til then i will enjoy the way it is.
You can get yourself a tank mount for the camera, they are a lot cheaper and almost vibration free compared to most helmet cams.

Quote:
:( sadly no one in delhi can provide me with Sliders as the ones available for R1. BTW the R1 slider ... will they fit on my bike. I have seen R1 with sliders but cant make out if they will fir on MT1 !

Hoping to find a place soon till then
For the sliders:

eBay Motors: 05-08 YAMAHA MT01 SATO RACING NO CUT ENGINE SLIDERS (item 270281902177 end time Nov-29-08 21:11:35 PST)

eBay Motors: 05-08 YAMAHA MT01 SATO RACING NO CUT FRAME SLIDERS (item 270281902264 end time Nov-29-08 21:12:20 PST)

They do not ship international, see if you can have them shipped to someone who you have coming down from the US. Try emailing the seller, and ask if they would ship international, some of them oblige provided you bear the international shipping costs.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks