Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:03   #121
BHPian

Few posts back someone asked for MT01 Sound Videos - I post a link from U Tube for all to hear ... This not my Mt01 (before any one jumps to conclusion)

One can also check out the Mt01 section / Multimedia / MT Sounds on this site

Yamaha MT-world - MT01, MT03

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 2nd December 2008 at 22:05.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:59   #122
BHPian

Delhi Showoff i guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Hi ALL. many thx for your heart warming wishes ! yes I too was not satisfied with these few pix ... will surely click good load of them tommo morning & have them posted for your pleasure !

Well The worst thing i could do was when i was parking my bike i slid the side stand & w/o looking down i left the bike (i didnt realize that the side stand didnt got engaged & the bie came down on fingure & made few scratch yes right on the day one got few scratches on the left handle... well i think the bad omen just went pass with all the good time to come).

My initial observations ...

I was very hesitant to drive the bike past 60-70 mark for the first reason of not being evry confident to ride the machine nicely after a span of 7years ... but after i crossed about 35kms on my odo i gained more confidence I was sen riding past 120 on odo. It was really smooth as i was able to over take, pas thru tight corners curves bends, bumps etc very smoothly ! I by the time reached home late felt as though i had been riding my ROCKET (my mt01) for quite few years ... It is a bit tough to move the bike back forth w/o engine & gear engaged say for parking etc cox of the 260KGS+ weight ... may be i will get more muscle in the time to come thru the gym i plan more vigorously ...

I when was waiting at Traffic signals could hear other fella on bike chatting about my Rocket ! few of them even asked what brand etc etc. I was initially embarrassed & bit nervous as who know who is who on road & could risk my bikes safety ! But i was confident on the torque pickup to evade any such move ... Well first time owning such a costly bike so was bit nervous initially !

As for MODS i would certainly like to add a HARLEY Vrod type of long handle if its technically & esthetically possible as i feel personally it will improve my sitting posture & give me a better & relaxed driving pleasure.

One querry ... SHould i tank it with normal petrol (against 93 or 97 octane) & keep adding additives to kee the health of my rockets injectors in shape.

93 is widely available so may be i can tank it Plus more additives to it ! What say you on it ! Whats more advisable ...

Will certainly post more pix tommo

its parked near my Merc C200K & Endeavour Its my first super bike ! I had a suzuki shogun about 7 years back but its retired now !
REALLY...you even have a Mercedes and a endeavour..wow man..you are so rich...whatthe..
The thread was about your bike, but you had to tell the world that you own the other beauties too..atleast I am not impressed,
anyways the bike is nice..
let humble people prevail..
ZeRo, Gurgaon
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:05   #123
BHPian

You are from Gurgaon..

Quote:
We clicked few pix today of our friends & their bikes

Two R1
Mt01
CBR1000

Also during the day i felt like a celebrity with so many mobile clicking me & my bike at a crossing when i pulled over to take a Mobile Call. WOAH Man its was some experience ... THX YAMAHA MT01 !.
You seem to be from gurgaon, that pic is from sec-32 in front of Sir Chotu Ram School..i work around that place...
ZeRo
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:21   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoŠ View Post
REALLY...you even have a Mercedes and a endeavour..wow man..you are so rich...whatthe..
The thread was about your bike, but you had to tell the world that you own the other beauties too..atleast I am not impressed,
ZeRo, Gurgaon

Bike is Ok only if people want it for looks... I think now even for looks there are way better options. Power is a disgrace. Dont know what Yamaha was thinking. Sales figures of these are really low. Alot of stock has been shipped back
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoŠ View Post
ZeRo, Gurgaon

Also i just remembered that there was another thread about the modification of the MT01

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ha-mt01-2.html

So when's the Harley Davidson Handle going on to your bike.

Would really love to see that sight!
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:29   #126
BHPian

WAOH, Seems like too much of interest geting generated aorund in here ....

YEAH i do own the said machine so what the big deal, i dont show off pix of all of them in my garage on this forum .. Chill out boyz & Pl dont suffocate this place with fumes... As for harley handle Man what the heck why should i only go for handle when i can go for one whenever i would want to (provided it do comes from official dealership cox i dont wanna go for illegal grey market stuff)

Old 3rd December 2008, 18:30   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Chill out boyz & Pl dont suffocate this place with fumes...
Quote:
Smell something ...
JB dude, there's a BIG difference between sharing your ownership experience and bragging about your ride. And FYI, insaneroller owns a Kawasaki Ninja 14R, a few others and soon a VMAX!
Old 3rd December 2008, 18:54   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

THEN: .....YEs the day i will get the delivery I will surely put a HD handle bar & post pics for all you to see & perhaps gets Inspired to ape the same ! Its never bad to do a U tubing & see for your selves how The other folks round the world play with the looks of their MT01 !!!

NOW:
....As for harley handle Man what the heck why should i only go for handle when i can go for one whenever i would want to (provided it do comes from official dealership cox i dont wanna go for illegal grey market stuff)....

Interest generaten only because of the THEN statement.No hard feelings though.All in good spirit.just having fun with some statements.

Ride Safe.Over and Out.
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:24   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Interest generaten only because of the THEN statement.No hard feelings though.All in good spirit.just having fun with some statements.

Ride Safe.Over and Out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
JB dude, there's a BIG difference between sharing your ownership experience and bragging about your ride. And FYI, insaneroller owns a Kawasaki Ninja 14R, a few others and soon a VMAX!
Thanks very much
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:54   #130
BHPian

Not my kind of bike... but still i hope you enjoy it...

Should you be running the engine in? I read somewhere that you were doing 135 on the highway...
Old 3rd December 2008, 23:07   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much
Dude come on. I was only jealeous no disrespect meant at all. She is a beauty no doubt but please dont make yourself look like a fool in front of everyone by comparing a VMAX & MT01. MT01 can be taken by a 600cc, but a VMAX makes it tough for a busa or 14R even.

Last edited by insaneroller : 3rd December 2008 at 23:21.
Old 4th December 2008, 00:16   #132
Team-BHP Support

nice bike. but johnny bravo i still cant understand what that random pm you send me about the audi was about?
Old 4th December 2008, 12:02   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
nice bike. but johnny bravo i still cant understand what that random pm you send me about the audi was about?

Hi AKSHAY1234, That Was a mistake; i mistook your ID for someone else. I had infant clarified it later thru other PM Chill !

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 4th December 2008 at 12:04.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:01   #134
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller
Try riding @ 275 or 280kmph. MT01 wont go that much in any case, but if you do manage to hit those speeds on any other bike, you'll feel more in control when you are nearing 140/150kmph
Smell something ...

FYI check it out ... you can see pix & hear the new vamx sounds

2009 Yamaha VMAX - !
What do I smell dude??? Please enlighten me. All I can see is that you are trying to compare a VMAX to your MT01. Which not only makes me laugh but I guess makes alot of other laugh their guts out If you are talking about sound, then please do see the original roar of the VMAX which has 200HP. When you compare Intruder & VMAX, that also is a joke. I used to own one, so I'm well aware. Plus sounds can be changed, not the engines. enjoy your bike & please check facts before you start comparing bikes.

Where exactly are you from, maybe I can ask my friends to give a crash course on Hyperbikes, Legends & other machines.

Last edited by insaneroller : 4th December 2008 at 13:04.
Old 7th December 2008, 22:19   #135
BHPian

That is quite an impressive beast , one needs to be seriously loaded to get that one !!
Congrats on it Johnny , ride safe ride smart !

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks