Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 11:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Boy, thats like a dream.
Except the head light unit, though.

All the best for your endeavors.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:46   #17
BANNED

Hey thanks 2 stroke guy for all the appriciation. but i am not going for the cruiser for its comes from USA or associates itself with holliyood. Infact personally i believe its a bike that has not kept up with timeline, just like our bullet. I own 2 diff bullets and they ride awesome, however i still believe its just a waste of time more than waste of money for that matter! I might be wrong but we feel bullet is that glorified just because it never had any compitition all the while. We love its exaust note just because we dont have anything else to sound like muzik, ride anything on road and all the motorbikes you hear sound more like waterpistols....pitttteeeeerrrrrrrrr piteeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr.
Hey coming back to point.

I indulged my time and money to make this sort of bike and inclined towards cruisers because the freedom coming with it, the road to nirvana. And trust me with a lasy laid back seat you really feel like GOD of the ROAD. I do love sports and naked streetfighters and surely I would try my hand on making a naked in future.

But rite now I'm more inspired by NEANDER TURBO DIESEL than I am by an R1 or hayabusa. They are fun alright but only for a couple of hours, or for a short blasting ride. This slightly modified ZEN motor had more torque at ideling rpm of 900-1000 than peak torque of bullet 350, twice of it. And went 0-60 in first gear itself, I specifically remember I never got a chance to use the 5th cog, ever. In city traffic I never had that kind of speed, elsewhere I didn't have that kind of road. Remember I live in uttaranchal, all we have the twisties and hairpins every 50 mtrs or so
a ride on a heavyweight cruiser with tank load of torque is defenitely better than any thing else! Kinda more refreshing. Have a weekend ride to the lovely mountains in uttaranchal and you are ready to take on the world for yet another week.

And sir MPOWER, thanks a lot to you as well but I guess either you got your orientation wrong or you did not understand the mountings. ZEN does not have exaust on diff side side, exaust manifold can be clearly seen on this side of pic ,going into the muffler.
Till now I had the diff within the gearbox, drive shaft coming out of the box changed direction and turned 90* through a helical miter gear assembly, then comes the sproket.

However now I have got rid of diff and layshaft of gearbox is providing output directly to a final drive from goldwing gl1800. It has a reduction of 3.8 so no need of diff reduction now. Moreover cutting weight by more then 7kg in process.

Earlier engine was PU mounted with cast iron mounting brackets because of gud damping char of cast iron.
Frame last time around was zillion times better than what indian manufacturers are providing. Totally vibration free. I don't know if it was good engineering or just a fluke.

Will have to wait and see how good it comes out this time around as i will have to make it almost entirely again. Then it would prove if it was our specific engineering efforts that cut out the vibrations so well.and i m eager to find this out myself more than anyone else!..
anyway thanks to lot of you guys.

Please keep your suggestions coming as i am not too good, or should I say bothered about the looks, because i like it cheap,without its crome.
However to keep the intrest of the viewers and to get noticed, looks matter so this time around I'm planning to have 6 weekend sessions just concentrating on the beauti part of it.

thanks again.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: POST EDITED. Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th May 2009 at 06:15.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is a best custom made aka homemade bike I have ever seen.But the headlight turns the head the wrong way.Please do something about it.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

I love it just the way it is today. Am sure it will only improve with time as you will no doubt keep it changing...evolving.

Fantastic job.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:31   #20
BHPian

Amazing job!

Awesme job done dude!

It feels great to see someone doing that with a bike instead of pasting Harley decals and calling it a cruiser. What I love even more is the engineering that has gone into it. The aesthetics can be done over the next million years.

You just made me feel like quitting whatever I am doing and joining you in your workshop. Hearing your own engineering run on the roads beats any music hands down, any day!
Old 12th May 2009, 17:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

ARRE!!! Mere College ki bike...WOW.so its here finally on this forum.

I saw this bike at the college when it was there for project evaluation.A couple of friends who had the chance to ride it said it had very strong acceleration.

Good going.and all the best for the further enhancement of this project!!

You've made us COERians proud!
Old 12th May 2009, 17:31   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by justROYal View Post
Awesme job done dude!

It feels great to see someone doing that with a bike instead of pasting Harley decals and calling it a cruiser. What I love even more is the engineering that has gone into it. The aesthetics can be done over the next million years.

You just made me feel like quitting whatever I am doing and joining you in your workshop. Hearing your own engineering run on the roads beats any music hands down, any day!

Thanks mate. for all the compliments and support, but i guess you nailed it.
It's just the charm of riding your own creation.
It's more like raising a child, grooming it and watch it grow to become the real RULER.
Never ever in life i have had the feeling again which i had when i rode my sweety for the very first time.
it was with a attached 1.5l pepsi bottle and a pillow instead of the seat.
it still is alive in me, and it feels great to hear her roar everytime i turn those keys!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: POST EDITED. Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th May 2009 at 06:21.
Old 12th May 2009, 18:15   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
ARRE!!! Mere College ki bike...WOW.so its here finally on this forum.

I saw this bike at the college when it was there for project evaluation.A couple of friends who had the chance to ride it said it had very strong acceleration.

Good going.and all the best for the further enhancement of this project!!

You've made us COERians proud!

HEY navpreet.
its good to have a coerian here.
anyway which batch,which branch..?
this is dushyant tomar
Old 12th May 2009, 22:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

This is Navpreet Singh from the mech 2004-2008 batch.quite junior to you.Saw your bike in front of the office.other than the headlight everything else was drool maal.

hope to see the new avatar of this bike soon.
Old 12th May 2009, 22:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

You said you have changed the gearbox to goldwing , can we have close up pics of it . Very hard work and awesome 2 wheels .Keep it up and keep us posted with plenty of pics .
Old 12th May 2009, 22:51   #26
BANNED

I did not change the gearbox, just the final drive from goldwing.
Here is the pic of final drive assembly with rear 17" wheel and 215/45 eagle F1 Tyre,3pot caliper and ventilated disk and self designed wheel hub. Still swingarm remains to be designed and fabricated, might complete swingarm within this month.
then a little more welding and things and i would post a review of its first ride, after that paint job.

Keep your thoughts coming. thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
'1000cc custom cruiser, project completed and pics uploaded"-image010.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th May 2009 at 06:18.
Old 12th May 2009, 23:39   #27
BHPian

@Dustom,

hats off to you, that's a fantastic piece of hardware you've cobbled together . How much did this project cost you total , and what was the hardest part to source/fabricate ?

Also, is it legal to ride such a bike on public roads , if I'm not mistaken any registered vehicle has to be homologated, which a one-off custom probably does not meet.
Old 13th May 2009, 02:33   #28
BHPian

Fantastic effort Dushyant you have indeed made a wonderful machine (again headlights could have been better, maybe a single round one should do).
Where are you working now, hope that suits your passion and not just another MBA/Techie job.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
well this is the bike that i made during college days .
dustom_99: Genius, Sir.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

dustom99 really great effort man! And i like the path you are planning to follow ie., the shaftie route. Bikes based on car engines is not a first in India but i think what you're doing is definitely a first which is the car GB with shaft drive. Best of luck mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
The bike u have built is truely awesome and many so called expert tuners who like to boast about their skills on the internet dont have the guts to try out half of what uve done.

why dont u try getting to bike to make an entry into the land speed records for India . A la the World's Fastest Indian - Anthony Hopkins . Seen that movie ?
2StrokeJunkie, there is a diffrence between dustom's build and tuning, although both are intertwined in the bike world there is a fine separation between building bikes and tuning engines. Some may believe in extracting the max out of a given engine than build a bike with a higher cc engine, some go for higher cc instead of extracting the max out from a small stock engine. Same like in the car world, Swap, NA or FI. Different trips for different guys. Burt Munro was a builder and a tuner. Respect for that man!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks