Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MUV would you prefer?
Ertiga 141 32.94%
Innova 226 52.80%
Xylo 73 17.06%
Others please specify 14 3.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 16:11   #136
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Thanks,

I did not get any discount. In fact I had booked an E9 in April which was going with a 52k discount. No stocks for that and the launch of the H9 cost me extra.

They only gave me 7k off my insurance. The buying experience was quite a roller-coaster ride. Won't get in to that now. All's well that ends well.

It is the H4 and H8 versions that will really benefit with the M-Hawk engine. The H9 as I mentioned has had nothing really done to it in terms of cosmetic changes.

Here is a pic of my H9...

I personally feel you are being cheated either by dealer or Mahindra. Because there is nothing new between E9 and H9. Just by changing the prefix of the model they have robbed you of the promised discount. To me it is unethical on the part of company/dealer. You should have written to Mahindra about this.

M&M is offering huge discounts on E9 since long. In March 2013 they offered it at 10 lakh ex show room price in bangalore( actual price was 10.68 or some thing like that).

It is E4 & E8 which are benefited from M Hawk engine. If M&M can price these models (H4 , H8) on par with E4 and E8 in spite of better engine, why E9 and H9 price should remain same?
Old 21st May 2013, 16:44   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
The H9 as I mentioned has had nothing really done to it in terms of cosmetic changes.

Here is a pic of my H9...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Because there is nothing new between E9 and H9. Just by changing the prefix of the model they have robbed you of the promised discount. To me it is unethical on the part of company/dealer. You should have written to Mahindra about this.

It is E4 & E8 which are benefited from M Hawk engine. If M&M can price these models (H4 , H8) on par with E4 and E8 in spite of better engine, why E9 and H9 price should remain same?
Yes. Something fishy here. Double check with M&M and make sure the dealer has not took advantage of you.
Old 21st May 2013, 18:21   #138
BHPian

Yes, the E to H change cost me 47 grand more. I don't think the new transmission should cost that much ;-)

Well you win some and loose some. I had a long and drawn out chat with the GM sales at the dealership and he assured me that there are no discounts being offered on the new H-Series. I also needed the car urgently so I guess I paid full price for getting the first H9 7 seater in Pune.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:04   #139

XUV vs Innova vs Ertiga

We are in the market now and are looking to replace our Maruti Swift ZDI.. Average running of the car is about 60-70 kms a day which is a mix of town and highway running.. We are a family of 6 adults so we would need that occasional 6 seating capacity as well so we decided to upgrade. And we are looking at the following 3 cars :

1. Innova : Reliable.. Dad loves the captain seating and is very functional car. But bad on looks.. over priced and carries the image of a taxi

2. XUV-500 : Great in looks.. good to drive but have heard more than a few stories about its niggles..

3. Ertiga : VFM..but the middle seats are not that comfortable..

We are going to test-drive these cars soon as a family so that we can get everybody's opinions and then will update the thread on our findings.. but till then we would appreciate your comments/suggestions.

Note from Support:
Please search before creating a new thread.

Thanks,
Support Team

Last edited by bblost : 28th May 2013 at 12:09.
Old 29th May 2013, 14:28   #140
BHPian

Re: XUV vs Innova vs Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbull83 View Post
1. Innova : Reliable.. Dad loves the captain seating and is very functional car. But bad on looks.. over priced and carries the image of a taxi

2. XUV-500 : Great in looks.. good to drive but have heard more than a few stories about its niggles..

3. Ertiga : VFM..but the middle seats are not that comfortable..
My order of preference is:

1. Innova - several positives and to boot, the drive is fantastic and extremely sedan-like. Toyota's reliability & service is legendary. Extremely comfortable for a 6-seater requirement (my brother who too is 6'+ could sit comfortably in the last row. My preference here would be the 7 seater over the 8 seater - has a more premium'ish feel (in my opinion). Though it has done well in the commercial segment as well, I don't think it's image has taken a beating like the Indica's had. It's still viewed as a premium ride.

2. Ertiga - since you're used to a Maruti, this should be in familiar territory. A few people I know, though, have cast aspersions on it's build quality (then again, these guys are big fans of the Germans)! Looks like a mini-Innova and should be fairly easy to drive as well (not much body roll expected).

3. XUV - clearly the best looker and packed to the gills with gizmos; however, in terms of reliability & service it's way behind the Innova for sure (and Ertiga as well I'd imagine). Given your history with Maruti, I'm not sure how excited you'd be with M&M service (relatively speaking) and given that this IS a significant capital expenditure that you're going to live with for atleast 4-5 years, it'd make more sense to go in for a more proven vehicle than one that's still sorting out its niggles (braking, in particular).

Hope this helps - do let us know which one you finally went in for .
Old 30th May 2013, 17:53   #141
BHPian

Ertiga has good fuel efficiency. But the space is a real problem. The middle and last are very uncomfortable for long distance journeys. The under thigh support in the middle row is not good enough. Innova is a great vehicle. But nearly 17 lakhs for the top end variant is too costly. I wish Toyota had upgraded the upgraded the engine when they hiked the price. For me it is the xylo if I am to buy a MUV.

Last edited by fireblade007 : 30th May 2013 at 17:54. Reason: typing errors
fireblade007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 16:14   #142

I just test drove the innova first up.. Great for the city.. Didn't take it on the highway and very comfortable .. The only thing is the dealer quoted 16 Lakhs for the G model and was not ready to budge much beyond 20-25 thousand .. Has someone in Mumbai been able to negotiate more than 20-25k for the innova ?
Old 7th June 2013, 19:57   #143
Senior - BHPian

One thing for sure, there is yet another competitor in this highly competitive MUV space which is the Chevy Enjoy.

Though a very conventional and plane design, it competes bang in the Ertiga and Xylo space and with that gem of a diesel motor makes it at least a good proposition in the taxi market.

However with competitive pricing and 7 plus seats it could be also lapped up by individual buyers with large families who would value space more than sheer design aspect.

IMO though late it should be added to this comparo to get the view of all those who have a take on these vehicles.
Old 12th June 2013, 17:49   #144
BHPian

Used Innova 2.5 V or Brand New XYLO H4 ABS

Hello All,

I want to replace my 5.2 year old Hyundai Getz Prime (60,000 KM in ODO) with a safer & Bigger car.
Preferably a diesel. I need expert advice to decide between the Used Innova 2.5 V or Brand New XYLO H4 ABS.

My Usage :

 city driving would be 600 kms a month.
 Monthly twice, Expressway drive to Mumbai. (Total 400)
 Yearly drive to my home town in ODISHA (total 3500 Km) (will do it every year)

We are a family of 4 and frequent visit of Parents & in Laws. Current car cannot accommodate all in comfort.
That’s why I am considering a good comfortable MUV with limited budget.

My Current car is quite good in the city. But have a very worst low-end torque and with AC on it dies completely.
In highway the drive is very boring .For the past 5 year I am leaving with this frustration.

Now , I'm thinking of good replacement within 7 to 9 lac (OTR) of budget.

My priorities are as follows:

 Powerful Engine with excellent torque
 Should be comfortable.
 Excellent AC
 Fun/Easy to drive - I am the only driver.
 Long term reliability
 Maintenance cost.
 Acceptable Ride and Handling

I am not a very fast driver cornering with high speed. With any car I generally maintained 80 to 90 KMPH or even less on highways and 40 to 60 KMPH in the city.

So I can manage with Acceptable Ride and Handling. I am considering a brand new XYLO H4 ABS or a used Innova 2.5 V. As my OTR budget is around 9 lac.

From various websites I found used Innova V model 2005 to 2009 with 80K KM to 1.8Lac KM with a budget of 5lac to 8.5 Lac.

And the car will be on loan so if I will choose an Innova then it should not cross 6.5 lac.

 What type of maintenance I can expect from an old Innova?
 How costlier is to maintain an old Innova?
 Is the Innova reliable after this long mileage?

I need expert advice here. If I will buy a New Xylo then it will come with company warranty so no need to worry for first 1-2 year.

Please feel free to add other choices too if you find it would suit me.

PS: I am not considering some popular model (Ertiga / Duster / Scorpio) as some of them are out of my budget and some don't fit into my criteria.

Mods:- I did not find any similar thread so created a new one. Please move / merge my query if you don't consider this to be in a new thread.

Regards
KALINGA
Old 12th June 2013, 19:53   #145
BHPian

Re: Used Innova 2.5 V or Brand New XYLO H4 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hello All,

I want to replace my 5.2 year old Hyundai Getz Prime (60,000 KM in ODO) with a safer & Bigger car.
Preferably a diesel. I need expert advice to decide between the Used Innova 2.5 V or Brand New XYLO H4 ABS.
If I were in your place and looking at your requirements, I would go for the Innova definitely.
I know it being a used car won't have the feel of buying and owning a new car but Innova's have always proved to be rock-solid workhorses and can withstand the test of time better than any other car out there.
My uncle was exactly in the same position as yours a couple of days back.

He 1st booked the Ertiga,cancelled it then looked towards the Xylo and a few others but finally he settled for a pre-worshipped Innova.
Just yesterday I had a 30 km drive in the car and believe me even though it is 7 years old, it had no squeaks or rattles whatsoever even when the car was pushed hard in potholes.
I always liked the Innova more than any new launches in that segment but yesterday, my fanship for it went a notch higher

Also, the "T" is much much more reliable than Mahindra. The Innova V is quite feature rich too.

^All this stands if you get a well maintained vehicle and it is not abused like a tourist vehicle.

-Bhargav
Old 12th June 2013, 20:10   #146
BHPian

If you have the budget I suggest go for a brand new Xylo, the tension of buying a preworshipped MUV are far more than to be neglected easily.
A preworshipped MUV should be taken only if there is lack of budget, you get a very good MUV from a know person and you know the history.
I would go for the brand new Xylo anyday.
Old 12th June 2013, 20:30   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
If you have the budget I suggest go for a brand new Xylo, the tension of buying a preworshipped MUV are far more than to be neglected easily.
A preworshipped MUV should be taken only if there is lack of budget, you get a very good MUV from a know person and you know the history.
I would go for the brand new Xylo anyday.
I agree. Buying a second hand vehicle is a gamble. If you are willing to take that risk then by all means go ahead.
It is more expensive buying a new car but the gains are long term. So make your decision wisely.
Old 12th June 2013, 20:37   #148
BHPian

If you can manage a 2009 or newer model Innova, then clearly Innova is better in every respect, the handling capabilities of Innova cannot be compared to the Xylo. The Toyota will be much more reliable. You should test drive a new Xylo and used Innova's in the market. See which one you like more. If you find a pristine condition Innova, you should definitely go for it.
Old 12th June 2013, 21:02   #149
BHPian

Both the options you have mentioned are excellent ones. It is therefore quite difficult to choose between one. The Innova has rock solid reliability like Octane says above, and maintenance costs are likely to be less. The Xylo on the other hand would be new so no worries about that for a couple of years.

However, the worry is the budget. It is not advisable to buy a car which has clocked 1 lac or more on the odo for serious use. If you can stretch your budget and get an Innova that has done around ~40-50k or so, then buying an Innova would be better as it will be more reliable for your long drives.

But if you absolutely cannot stretch the budget, then buy a new Xylo. You'll have peace of mind through the company warranty.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 18:38   #150
BHPian

Thank you all of you for your kind words.

Did a small research.
Attached image is the observation.

I do not want to spend on car EMI more then 12 / 13K

If I am going for a good used Innova then as per current standard the EMI go up to 17/18K (Used car ROI is 17%)

If i will choose new XYLO H4 ABS then after discount the OTR may come close to 9 lac OTR.
My EMI will under 15k per month bar.

Now my mind say new Xylo (With company warranty)

Heart say Innova (Without warranty / no idea on car history.)

I am now more confused.... :(
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo-price-_comp.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks