Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MUV would you prefer?
Ertiga 141 32.94%
Innova 226 52.80%
Xylo 73 17.06%
Others please specify 14 3.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 10:05   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo

My pick is Innova for quality and comfy drive, xylo for space, ertiga for economy. If your usage is lesser than 1000km per month consider pre owned top end Petrol Innova 2008 silver color ith just 16k ODO, which is available for around 7 lacs. You save 4 lacs and it would match 1 lac kilometer drive with diesel :-)

Ravi.
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:38   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh

The same discussions happen between me and bro on what is different between both our Innova versions.
I reckon the noticeable difference in performance in Innovas in 2009 and after is due to the addition of intercooler. There is a slight bump in performance as well as better NVH characteristics.
Old 13th September 2012, 23:19   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Can any of the Innova owners mention at what RPM it does a 100, 120, 130 and 140? And at fellow member parsh mentioned 165, what is the RPM? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
It is difficult to remember exactly at what rpm it did 165 quite sometime back although for a very short time, but it was near redlining. Will try get you other rpms asap I do the other speeds next time.
This is the matrix. Mind well, this is for the 2005 Innova. 2009 onwards it should have different and better matrix (as also experienced in our 2009 one) as it is aided by the intercooler and the performance has changed without any tune-up in the engine. So 2005 maxes out early and reaches 130-140 effortlessly but hard to climb beyond that and can touch up 150-155, whereas 2009 seamlessly climbs to 150-160 but hard to come up to higher.

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo-innova-speeds.jpg
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 06:23   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
I was sold on the Petrol Ertiga however the roof is much lower than expected, with the seats folded, might be an issue for the Dane to "sit up" on longer trips. Also when you factor in long term ownership, Diesel does seem to be a cheaper option.

What confuses me completely is the fact that we have one of the best ever Maruti workshops around and that makes the Maruti purchase more tempting.

Also any thoughts on which car will age more gracefully and if kept over 6-7 years, would Diesel make more sense?
If the Maruti experience is so good to you, do consider the Eeco and at a worst case scenario the Omni. The Eeco is said to be way more comfortable than the Omni. From personal experience of driving on bad roads (Coorg) and using the Omni as an estate runabout (carting labour, coffee, fertiliser etc.) I can state that using the Omni on bad roads becomes a no no after a year or two of running in those conditions. If it is always on good roads, the Omni would give a better experience (leaf springs at the back shows how dated the suspension is).

Diesel would only make sense if the running per year is there. Assume you spend one or two lakhs more on the diesel and run the vehicle 250 km per month. The interest of say 10% from your FD will be able to run the vehicle so you save that 2 lakhs.
Old 24th September 2012, 11:21   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy
If the Maruti experience is so good to you....Diesel would only make sense if the running per year is there. Assume you spend one or two lakhs more on the diesel and run the vehicle 250 km per month. The interest of say 10% from your FD will be able to run the vehicle so you save that 2 lakhs.
Thanks for the input! We bought the Tata safari after test driving everything. It's good value for money, very spacious and moreover A road trip in a eeco or omni seems improbable as they're just too basic and lack safety.
Old 7th October 2012, 01:06   #111

I would go for scorpio. Other options and their pros and cons:

XUV:
+ Good looking and reasonable mileage;
- Wait times
Innova
+ build quality
- too big, especially for city
Ertiga:
+ service network, price
- build and ride quality
Xylo:
+ Big
- ride quality
Scorpio:
+ ride quality, proven, reasonable mileage, price (vs. Innova and XUV)
- old
Old 18th October 2012, 20:32   #112
Senior - BHPian

With an impending wedding in their family, my BIL's interest in going for a MUV is once again hotting up. It was supposed to the the end of the year buy anyway.

Again to recollect the original problem statement, the MUV has to be cheap to buy and spacious too. Since the monthly run is very less say less than 300kms (except during the marriage season), he is very curious to know any feedback on Ertiga petrol.

Not sure if any one has commented on that. Also not read any ownership reviews about that verison. If anyone has experienced or used one, it would be great to hear from them.
Old 18th October 2012, 20:54   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Since the monthly run is very less say less than 300kms (except during the marriage season), he is very curious to know any feedback on Ertiga petrol.

Not sure if any one has commented on that. Also not read any ownership reviews about that verison. If anyone has experienced or used one, it would be great to hear from them.

There is a detailed ownership log of the petrol Ertiga by Ajay. This should put to rest any doubts you may have on the petrol Ertiga. Here's the link :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rtiga-zxi.html

Cheers
Old 7th November 2012, 13:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

My BIL did test the petrol Ertiga and returned very impressed and is now firmly one of the hot favourites. The other car that was tested recently is the Quanto.

The lure of the rear 2 bench seats that could accomodate the kids on a full load makes it interesting coupled with the diesel power.

However as mentioned earlier diesel engine is not the biggest deal maker but in consideration if the use increases at a later point of time.
Old 17th December 2012, 22:39   #115
BHPian

Xylo clutch is not very hard. Also the gear shift gets so much better if u use ATF instead of the manufacturer specified gear oil. Believe me u wont have any cold shift issues at all.
Otherwise driveability is surely a xylo strong point.
Intact gear shift is also way shorter than Scorpio . The td vehicle must have had a worn clutch or a worn out pin in the clutch pedal or a worn out pin in the master clutch cylinder. I had this issue. Making the clutch feel hard and less progressive though I had got the kit changed. Changing the pin helped.
HIGHNOON is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 15:21   #116
Senior - BHPian

With the latest news of diesel decontrol, it seems that in the long run even petrol MUV's would make a lot of sense especially with low running, the diesel variant will lose its edge in a couple of years.

In this scenario the petrol Ertiga is best poised in this segment with no other MUV (miniscule number of Innovas) is in the position to churn out petrol variants soon. The other issue of petrol vehicles resale will get rationalized as time goes by even during the lifetime of a vehicle bought in the near future.
Old 20th January 2013, 18:15   #117
BHPian

My pick is the Innova - space, car-like comfort, reliability, build quality, resale value.
Old 20th January 2013, 19:16   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
With the latest news of diesel decontrol, it seems that in the long run even petrol MUV's would make a lot of sense especially with low running, the diesel variant will lose its edge in a couple of years.

In this scenario the petrol Ertiga is best poised in this segment with no other MUV (miniscule number of Innovas) is in the position to churn out petrol variants soon. The other issue of petrol vehicles resale will get rationalized as time goes by even during the lifetime of a vehicle bought in the near future.
I would say that we are jumping our guns here. Its too soon too pass any verdict on the fuel scenario. It will take a good 2 years for them to just increase the diesel prices to 60 Rs. I am guessing they will let it increase by 5-6 rs in 2013 and then stop again because of the elections. Anyways there is always going to be a difference between the 2 fuels. And almost all SUV/MUVs are known for being fuel guzzlers to the extent that diesel would always stay the preferred mode of fuel in these vehicles. For instance even before the fuel prices started increasing and this disparity grew, almost all MUV/SUVs were diesel run right, barring probably the gypsy.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 19:13   #119
BHPian

Xylo E9 Or E8 need to decide!

Hello All,

I have booked a Red Xylo E9 with Sahyadari Motors, Pune a few weeks ago. I was told the waiting time would be 5 to 6 weeks as the colour and model required was not currently available. Today was informed that I can get an E8 in red right away and the E9 might be 8 weeks or more away to procure as they have some strike on at their Nasik plant.

Sales guy also mentioned that they might discontinue the E9 model as the sales for it have been weak.

I wanted the E9 because of the M-Hawk engine and cruise control. My driving is 80% to 90% on the express-way.

I need your help in deciding what to do. The sales guy might just be saying stuff to sell a readily available E8. Also if someone has driven both the M-Hawk and M-Eagle engines if you could tell me if there is any real world difference between the two.

Should I take a chance and wait for the E9 or go for the E8?

Thanks in advance.

Turby.
Old 18th April 2013, 19:25   #120
Senior - BHPian

Re: Xylo E9 Or E8 need to decide!

Better wait for the model of your choice as the sales guy may be trying to sell off the E8 lying in his stock. Check the VIN and see if the E8 is a very recent arrival and then decide.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks