Renault Duster 125 23.45%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 07:41   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead View Post
Had owned a Duster 110 RXL for 9 months & 20K kms and now awaiting delivery of Ecosport D TITANIUM OPTION in a couple of days, here’s my take on both the Vehicles (Opinions on Ecosport is purely based on the Two test drives I had undertaken)

As someone who has owned a Duster and about to buy an Ecosport I hope I’ve covered most aspects for others to take a realistic and practical view on both the vehicles rather than going with the Flow.
Excellent and invaluable post for those prospective customers who were sitting on the fence.

Last edited by k_ajay : 3rd July 2013 at 07:44.
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:12   #167
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport versus Renault Duster

Quote:
As someone who has owned a Duster and about to buy an Ecosport I hope I’ve covered most aspects for others to take a realistic and practical view on both the vehicles rather than going with the Flow.
Just a question. Did you sell the Duster because of the reasons (dislikes) you mentioned and go for the Ecosport or was there any other reasons? Since you mentioned: "you used to own", I presume you sold the vehicle.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2013 at 08:14.
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:19   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just a question. Did you sell the Duster because of the reasons (dislikes) you mentioned and go for the Ecosport or was there any other reasons? Since you mentioned: "you used to own", I presume you sold the vehicle.
Did sell the Duster two months back for reasons mentioned, Didn't consider buying the Ecosport at that time, Still not convinced 100% with Ecosport due to suspect Handling at high speeds, but otherwise found it to be a Nice package for the price
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:55   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

So everyone pays a premium for something or the other. Similarly in car buying some may be ready to pay premium for a vehicle which goes to service center only when service is needed.
So for each, his/her own poison!
Exactly what one would wish for ! And why Toyota still rules. ( But they do visit a.s.s. every 5k).

If someone is spending a lot, he would expect a trouble free car which takes him and his family ( friends) in relative comfort when needed.

Not sure if this was discussed here, another Ecosport was toppled in Kerala two days ago.

@ autohead ! good one!

Last edited by jkdas : 3rd July 2013 at 09:56.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:02   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Not sure if this was discussed here, another Ecosport was toppled in Kerala two days ago.
Has this been clarified/confirmed? Because in the most recent pages of the Official review thread for ES, someone has posted the photos of the ES toppling in Gandhidham in Gujarat as one that happened in Perumbavoor kerala, which has been confirmed by a member as incorrect and just a rumour.

Last edited by k_ajay : 3rd July 2013 at 12:10.
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:18   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Has this been clarified/confirmed? Because in the most recent pages of the Official review thread for ES, someone has posted the photos of the ES toppling in Gandhidham in Gujarat as one that happened in Perumbavoor kerala, which has been confirmed by a member as incorrect and just a rumour.
Maybe the same. Its in various websites. Donno what all people do when they take for test drives! Anyway in all cases, none were hurt.

http://bharathautos.com/ford-ecospor...(Bharath+Autos)
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:33   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maybe the same. Its in various websites. Donno what all people do when they take for test drives! Anyway in all cases, none were hurt.

http://bharathautos.com/ford-ecospor...Bharath+Autos)
Yeah, my guess as well (could be the same).

And precisely why test drive forms today ask the prospect to sign that any damage caused to the vehicle while during the test drive and resolving the damages back to existing condition is purely the responsibility of the individual behind the wheel.

While I agree to this, the TD form should also absolve the individual taking the TD from any factory issues and other issues in any TD vehicle (of which the dealership should take accountability). This is never mentioned in the TD form, obviously to protect the dealership, which presents the TD opportunity as a risk for me. (nevertheless, I was geared to be safe, took a chance and TD'd the EcoSport last weekend).
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:45   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we are all reading too much into the toppling incident. We have to understand the basic premise that afterall its a SUV or a hatch with higher GC and would not have the same road grip as a sedan. If you do not respect your car's fundamental basics then no one can help you. For instance I get scared taking my Innova above 100 kmph because of the apparent instability on speeds north of that whereas can do 140 kmph all day in my Altis. So bottomline is treat the ecosport as a SUV and you will not be left disappinted.
Old 3rd July 2013, 15:26   #174
BHPian

I agree with drmohitg but duster is an exception and ecosport another exception where i 've felt it has the tendency to be more unstable
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:53   #175
Senior - BHPian

In Pune, base model of Ecosport costs 6.5 L OTR with many features. Top end of Duster costs around 14 Lacs i guess. So actually you can buy 2 ES in the price of one Duster top end. Or by adding small amount you can buy one diesel & one petrol ESport instead of one top end Duster. I know its a bad comparison, but still its worth considering. Duster was good initially with VFM pricing, but they have increased it so much that it has lost its VFM tag. Same happened with XUV as well. Soon we will be able to see Duster numbers declining
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:02   #176
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with drmohitg but duster is an exception and ecosport another exception where i 've felt it has the tendency to be more unstable
That would be more to do with how it is being driven.

Typical customer for these 2 vehicles would be persons upgrading from Hachbacks/C segment sedans where the Centre of gravity would be lower and this would be in all probabilities be the first SUV they are seriously looking at. Driving Duster/Ecosports or for that matter any SUV like a sedan, especially while taking a turn or sharp maneuvers would make it prone to toppling.

All cars would definitely do through all required tests before making it road worthy.

PS> maybe rains may also have had an effect on the roads looking at places where these vehicles seems to have toppled
Old 5th July 2013, 14:42   #177
BHPian

Have voted for Ford EcoSport, although the test drive is pending! Primary reasons - people with limited means can dream of purchasing an SUV (you surely sit higher than Swifts, i20s, Vernas and Rapids), Car-like handling and interiors for an SUV under 10 lacs, practically similar or better engine performance than Duster, the base model offering a more than decent feature list (electric ORVMs, adjustable steering et al), the top model checking all the feature boxes, gorgeous looks!

If I had a bigger need for space, I would rather buy a Scorpio/Safari (yes this can be argued against, but thats how my irrational mind thinks). For me, after this launch, Duster is neither here nor there sort of a car and this poll is a clear indicator! Sorry Renault.

I am very very curious to know the impact on sales of B and C segment cars after this launch. Pray Ford can meet the huge demand and back it up with good service, they have a winner on their hand.
Old 5th July 2013, 18:20   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Had owned a Duster 110 RXL for 9 months & 20K kms and now awaiting delivery of Ecosport D TITANIUM OPTION in a couple of days, here’s my take on both the Vehicles (Opinions on Ecosport is purely based on the Two test drives I had undertaken)
.[/b]
An absolute read for someone who is confused! Very fair and unbiased! More credit worthy considering you have a Duster & have booked a ecosport!
Old 6th July 2013, 15:11   #179
Team-BHP Support

Ford Ecosport Vs Renault Duster Video Review by Autocar India

SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 16:51   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Ford Ecosport Vs Renault Duster Video Review by Autocar India
A very balanced view point pointing to all aspects. And more importantly its the first time I have some one comparing Ecosport TDCI to the 85bhp Duster.

Finally its the price difference which makes all the difference ! So which clearly says, even if they revamp the interiors and get back to original pricing for the Duster, even then, Renault would be off by a lakh. And if they want to earn that premium, they really have to earn it. They cant make the sheet metal any thicker, but at least let them make strides towards the interiors.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks