View Poll Results: Which SUV?
Mahindra XUV500 150 49.18%
Toyota Fortuner 155 50.82%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2013, 14:12   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner

Mohit, I think you should just go and get a Fortuner. You’re really smitten by the car, and if you’re spending a couple of million rupees, better get something which makes you feel happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Santa Fe is more of a crossover vehicle than a true SUV. Also the price is more than the Fortuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Remember reading the official review of the Santa Fe on TBHP sometime back. I just couldn't find the thread now!
The new Santa FE is not launched in India yet. The new one is a good looking car, international reviews are quite good, and have received the best rating in the 2012 Euro-NCAP tests (in its segment). But it definitely is not a brute-looking SUV like the Fortuner or the Pajero Sport.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 14:13   #122
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
3. XUV - I agree it looks like a pan shop on wheels or a circus truck. ...
Sir jee, generally it is considered a good practice to share negative comments by maintaining some restrain. With extreme negative comments (especially on asthetics, which is a matter of personal opinion and taste), its very easy to offend existing owners and prospective customers.

Last edited by SDP : 28th September 2013 at 14:14.
SDP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 14:18   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The new Santa FE is not launched in India yet. The new one is a good looking car, international reviews are quite good, and have received the best rating in the 2012 Euro-NCAP tests (in its segment). But it definitely is not a brute-looking SUV like the Fortuner or the Pajero Sport.
Am not looking for the new Santa Fe review. Did TBHP review the old santa fe? or am I missing someting
Old 28th September 2013, 15:35   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The new one is a good looking car, international reviews are quite good, and have received the best rating in the 2012 Euro-NCAP tests (in its segment). But it definitely is not a brute-looking SUV like the Fortuner or the Pajero Sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Am not looking for the new Santa Fe review. Did TBHP review the old santa fe? or am I missing someting
The new one is yet to be launched and going by the market trend would be considerably costlier than the current car taking the price more towards that 30L mark.
And yes there is no official review of the old one and there is very less hope of one for the new version too since it is not a very significant car in that segment.
Old 28th September 2013, 17:06   #125
BHPian

Mohit, I guess Santa Fe is ruled out. In the SUV category you're left with XUV and Fortuner. If you plan to get an automatic SUV then you're left with only Fortuner. That's the sad part of the Indian Auto market.

Your options would open-up if you are ok with a Sedan. Again if you opt for an Automatic Sedan then you would be limited to a handful of sedans.

On a related but different note, did you check with your family and close friends what car they would like you to be driving and perhaps riding in as well? Do check that factor. It's one thing to say I own the car that I like and I wanted vs I own a car that I kinda like and my friends and family love it and they are very happy that I own that car.
Old 28th September 2013, 17:19   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
On a related but different note, did you check with your family and close friends what car they would like you to be driving and perhaps riding in as well? Do check that factor. It's one thing to say I own the car that I like and I wanted vs I own a car that I kinda like and my friends and family love it and they are very happy that I own that car.
Sorry did not understand your point here. If I am buying a car, I will buy what I like right? And not what my friends think is right for me? Or did you mean something else?
Needless to say this car is to replace the Innova and we already have 2 sedans in our garage, both still in there early years of life.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 18:56   #127
Senior - BHPian

How about Fortuner Dessert storm?

Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Fortuner-1231354_741025895912476_360919758_n.jpg

More Pics: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor...49807115034359

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th September 2013 at 18:58.
Old 28th September 2013, 21:17   #128
BHPian

To me a White TFort looks bigger than its actual size and gives out an aura of power.

IMO, if you are buying the TFort for its presence; white may be common color out there, but it still has a commanding looks.

All other colors somehow dont match up.
Old 28th September 2013, 21:34   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sir jee, generally it is considered a good practice to share negative comments by maintaining some restrain. With extreme negative comments (especially on asthetics, which is a matter of personal opinion and taste), its very easy to offend existing owners and prospective customers.
No offence meant or intended there. Just my opinion or taste or whatever attribute fits the bill. I guess I should have a chance to air MY opinion !
Old 28th September 2013, 22:05   #130
BHPian

@drmohitg since people are recommending other cars,have you thought about the Audi Q3 sport edition?It cost 24.99 edition ex-delhi.It looks good does'nt miss out on a lot of features and gives you that prestigious Audi badge.Although the maintenance cost will be much higher than the fortuner.

Have driven the fortuner a fair no. of times and I feel that the bumpiness is quite tolerable.The best place to sit inside the fortuner is the front 2 seats and not the middle bench.
Old 28th September 2013, 22:16   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
IMO, if you are buying the TFort for its presence; white may be common color out there, but it still has a commanding looks.

All other colors somehow dont match up.
To me it looks great in even black and Grey. Infact grey is the colour I am looking at if I end up buying it.
Old 28th September 2013, 22:37   #132
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
No offence meant or intended there. Just my opinion or taste or whatever attribute fits the bill. I guess I should have a chance to air MY opinion !
I am not contesting your opinion. You do have a right to your opinion and I do respect it. My comment is about HOW the opinion is expressed.

e.g. "ARIA is a wannabe SUV" and "ARIA looks more like a MUV" mean almost the same thing, but the second statement has a better choice of words and has lesser probability of offending.

In this specific instance, "XUV's looks are not to my liking" should have sufficed.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 11:20   #133
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well it does but in a way it just shows that Fortuner is a very capable vehicle. At 10L more than the XUV it still finds equal number of votes, infact at times today was leading the race. I think in the end it just boils down to vitamin M. Got 25L to spend? Go for the Fortuner. What say?
Voters are not paying that extra 10 lakhs :-)
Old 29th September 2013, 11:40   #134
BHPian

Wow this thread has come a long way. You still undecided Mohit?
I will suggest the Fortuner to you as I have even before this thread came up. XUV is a very capable car and is equally desirable but if you have the money go for the Fortuner.

Give the XUV another 2 to three years to completely mature and then it will become a whole some product.

Also the Fortuner is based on a platform which has been in existence since very long, hence the bullet proof reliability.

Also I just reached Gurgaon half an hour back. Left Chandigarh at 6 45 in the Fortuner and what a ride as always. I was grinning all the way. Get an auto, life's too short to change gears and that torque is seductive.

Good luck
Old 29th September 2013, 11:51   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Wow this thread has come a long way. You still undecided Mohit?
I will suggest the Fortuner to you I was grinning all the way. Get an auto, life's too short to change gears and that torque is seductive.

Good luck
Thanks for this thread.Leaving Mohit undecided,I brought a pre worshipped silver 4wd MT fortuner from Toyota Trust Bangalore.

I was a die hard Mahindra fan from last 15 years, brought n number of Mahindra vehicles.Now migrated to Toyota. As time passed i got more old. Work,Family and friends started demanding more time, found less time and energy to spend under the hood and to fight with ASC and RO of M&M.

For example my Fortuner has visited ASC 9 times in 36 months, with my mahindra vehicles i lost count !!.

But my THAR CRDe rocks.

Last edited by Rajith : 29th September 2013 at 12:01.
Rajith is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks