View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 22:06   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Dan and a big boy hmmm...one meet with a few cars and you make yourself sound like a boss. In that case numerous vintage,classic car meets and modern car meets under my belt but i dont bring everything onto the forum and say please do as i say cause i have done so and so.

Sorry to be off topic but i just felt by throwing in group names and trying to show a broader picture then what really is other members get influenced and a very wrong picture of groupism is painted.
+100.

Stop this groupism friends. We are here for a meet+long drive+lunch and not some civic and bike groups.

Even in the earlier poll NH8 was leading over Ambey and now with one word from Dan all of them want to go straight to NH3. And in the new poll Ambey just doesn't even comes as an option.

The German Trio were better, they said we are off to this place and if others also wish to join it would be great.

Waiting for this poll to finish and see whats the end result and decide where to go even if majority heads somewhere else.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:06   #257
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Very good Abhi.

Now if you would like to join us. It would be good.

I think a good time to move out would be 7am. What say people?
Dan we will wait till sat evening to see the final outcome, right now is too early as we are interested in a drive too along with meeting everyone and having a good meal. Dan do keep in mind the Marathon too and some roads would be shut off.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:20   #258
BHPian

Karnala is at spitting distance from my place hence may seem most convenient, but I have not voted for it (no reason). I voted for NH3 assuming: the road may not be too crowded; dhaba is reasonably good with superb room that we can have to ourselves that makes the meet more enjoyable; and Kasara ghat (not been there yet) offers interesting twisties to drive on. Fortunately, all previous tbhp meets have been enjoyable with all people being very friendly. I am not in favor of sitting in a dhaba seperated into small groups (this had happened in some earlier meets).

Having said this, I am open to any place for the meet that the poll throws up. I just hope this meet will be as good as some previous ones and there shall be no break down into smaller groups. Please select the venue and timings early enough for people to adjust.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:22   #259
MX6
Senior - BHPian

To all guys who are still trying to post NH3 vs NH8 - Why this Kolaveri?

Now I'm thinking of just moving out and doing some birdwatching all alone (with my family ofcourse). No. Not Karnala either. I heard of some place on NH9. (not 3, not 8)!
Old 11th January 2012, 22:31   #260
Senior - BHPian

Guys i think lets just spot posting comments and focus on the voting and then lets all go with the results and make it a successful meet
Old 11th January 2012, 23:14   #261
BHPian

Guys avoid NH17 on weekends traffic is horrible there. Best is drive till igatpuri have a tea at tapari and come back to oye punjab and enjoy the meet.
Old 12th January 2012, 02:33   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Dan we will wait till sat evening to see the final outcome, right now is too early as we are interested in a drive too along with meeting everyone and having a good meal. Dan do keep in mind the Marathon too and some roads would be shut off.
Mr Abhishiek yes we will wait for the poll. Afterwhich i hope to see you in Your 325aaye at oye Punjabi. Marathon, blind car rally, women rally, Shiv sena rally all kept in mind.
Old 12th January 2012, 03:25   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Mr Abhishiek yes we will wait for the poll. Afterwhich i hope to see you in Your 325aaye at oye Punjabi. Marathon, blind car rally, women rally, Shiv sena rally all kept in mind.
The previous poll had different results, you tempted everyone with food -_-

Last edited by fre2bpowerless : 12th January 2012 at 03:39.
Old 12th January 2012, 08:58   #264
BHPian

Guess the change in poll would be moslty due to the consideration of family including kids/infants. Food is sure a tempting reason too. And people who wish to have a small ride on twisties, what would be better than a one way ghat section with little or no traffic?
Old 12th January 2012, 09:19   #265
Senior - BHPian

Isn't 'DRIVE' a word tempting enough ? LOL
Old 12th January 2012, 09:34   #266
BHPian

Hi Guys,

NH8 is really bad. I drove down to Virar last weekend and the traffic was horrible due to a lot of Flyovers being constructed after Dahisar checknaka.

It may just spoil the mood.

Cheers,
Yogesh
Old 12th January 2012, 09:45   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Guys avoid NH17 on weekends traffic is horrible there. Best is drive till igatpuri have a tea at tapari and come back to oye punjab and enjoy the meet.
good idea parimal, hope you are joining the meet. Anyways I wanted to check out the Kasara Ghat, so this idea will work out well. In the meantime some people can do the SC marathon. How far is the Kasara Ghat from the lunch venue?
Old 12th January 2012, 10:50   #268
BHPian

Yes am trying my best to join as this week we have sat working so lots of work on Sunday..and the distance is approx. 70 km and the kasara ghat is worth for the drive, and the conditions are perfect. Lets hope others also voice same opinion.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:55   #269
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

I am a very new member here, but just a suggestion from side. It seems we have invited location suggestion from everyone & this has led to everyone suggesting place of his / her choice.

I feel the location of the meet should be decided 2 / 3 members (leaders) & then the format of the meet (lunch or brunch, family or without family family, what about kids, where to drive, etc) should be kept open for discussions as this matters to everyone & people should enjoy the meet.

But as far as location of the TBHP Mumbai meet is concerned we should let only 2 / 3 members to take the lead & decided it.

Also I feel division of team in two groups i.e. one for long drive & other for long meeting will ideally not be a good option.

Thanks,

Jignesh.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:59   #270
BHPian

Had been to Nasik a fortnight back. The road conditions are good in my view. Although, just before Nasik, there are a lot of places were it is single lane. Also can someone please tell me the exact location of Oi Punjab?

Regards
Varun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks