View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 19:14   #211
Team-BHP Support

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Guys, this poll will be edited as fresh poll by tomorrow morning.

Till then keep debating.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 19:15   #212
BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

There is a new thread for Mumbai meet! Why multiple threads ?
Old 10th January 2012, 19:20   #213
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kalyan: Hotel Oye Punjab Meet on 15 Jan 2012

I did sound out people interested in meeting either at Karnala or at Oye Punjab and only then started this thread when I sensed Oye Punjab was more preferred over Karnala (you can see I have foregone my own choice here).

The idea behind the thread was to stick to just one destination and let people simply post if they wanted to join in. That's the only way to avoid confusion, IMO, at the slight risk of having two threads running side by side.

Having seven choices for the poll was not my idea, and is probably the first time happening here?

And the German Trio's choice was probably a sensible one. I actually appreciate the way you made your point clear and then stepped out of the debate. Since I haven't met any of the TBHPians personally, creating a thread seemed to be the only logical step after the PMs showed members preferring a particular destination.
Old 10th January 2012, 19:36   #214
BHPian

Well i want to attend the Mumbai meet too, just confused why two diff meets arranged on the same day ??

Second meet: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...an-2012-a.html

Old 10th January 2012, 20:17   #215
BHPian

gents, i am not sure whats the point of starting a new thread amd that too by somebody who was part of this thread diacussion - what is being proved here? i still see maximum votes for NH8.

this was like arguing/supporting for a lost cause. do members even realize how much of everyones bandwidth is lost in the planning - if there were specific agendas, you could have exchanged PM's and closed the matter.

this is a meet not only for us and the families but also for our cars who need to stretch her legs once in a while - like someone said we are not a social networking site..treat you car well and it will love you back (Brio i think)

why call for a junta meet and then not go with the junta?
contangoback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 21:18   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
There is a new thread for Mumbai meet! Why multiple threads ?
Sir, I've merged both the threads. Fresh poll will come up tomorrow. Till then..
Old 10th January 2012, 21:41   #217
BHPian

Its Hritik's B'day and going through this thread reminds me of his song, "idhar chala, main udhar chala, Jaane kaha main kidhar chala?"

I can keep pressing F5 being a BSNL Unlimited BB and check where we heading.

Respecting the German's decision of making their choice and leaving it on others to join them or not.

Also respect HoneyBee's as few had issues to leave early morning (considering family and kids)

Talking about the Jap Group, I do have but this being the TBHP meet did not involved it in thread. Infact I was to skip the Jap (RD) group for this meet on 15th.

Considering family/kid (i am single) I guess it should be comfortable to leave in morning and back with no blues for Monday.

One can have LoP/Karnala anytime without much hassel.

Whatever you guys decide, I will reach there for Lunch (have to drop parents as they heading for South India Tour Early morning on 15th)
Old 10th January 2012, 22:43   #218
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Came back to see whether I can add a vote. Just noticed that we can vote only tomorrow. Anyway, I'm also looking forward for the plans to unfold.

Thanks for merging the threads. It only creates further chaos. As pointed out by contango, people who can't make it to the silvassa side or nasik side or any side can PM the others and take it that way.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:01   #219
BHPian

Right now the vote count shows: 3, 3, 5 whereas the list of voters is much longer and not synchronized with the count. This is getting to be more confusing than ever. But I do not mind the confusion as I have no particular choice of venue or road. I just hope: there is one large table for us to aggregate upon; the food is good at reasonable cost; and there is enough time for happy chattering together
Old 11th January 2012, 09:20   #220
Senior - BHPian

Aamby will have crowded roads and towns till Lonavala and going towards Daman is no fun. I have just been to Nasik and that would and should be the ideal choice...a one way super ghat is an added bonus.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:12   #221
Senior - BHPian

I still remember grand meet at Sunny-da-dhaba near lonavala.

Pune guys are silently watching this space.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:39   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
NH8 seems to be winning by poll yet people discuss Nashik,Karnala and even Igatpuri which had the least votes.
What was the whole point of the poll in the first place ?
What's more..i still dont quite understand why in the name of god was a new poll requested for ? Were the earlier results not credible ? Honestly i just see it as a re-poll because the result that was expected was not achieved. In that case why have a poll ? Just bluntly decide, we are going 'here' and those who are interested can join, those not can take a hike. It sounds rude but also makes things simple.
I agree the route/destination/restaurant/date/time should be decided by the meet organiser it avoids all the confusion. We will never be able to make it convenient for everyone in any case.

BTW just to avoid any confusion Igatpuri is on the Nashik Highway NH3 - it is 125kms from bandra and about 50kms short of Nashik(175 from bandra). Also we will be getting a latest update of the Bandra-Igatpuri-Nashik route because doctorque is taking the Aventador to Nashik today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I have just been to Nasik and that would and should be the ideal choice...a one way super ghat is an added bonus.
a one way super ghat is an added bonus

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 11th January 2012 at 10:46.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:44   #223
Team-BHP Support

New poll added. Guys, please go ahead and decide.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:46   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
I agree the route/destination/restaurant/date/time should be decided by the meet organiser it avoids all the confusion. We will never be able to make it convenient for everyone in any case.

BTW just to avoid any confusion Igatpuri is on the Nashik Highway NH3 - it is 125kms from bandra and about 50kms shot of Nashik(175 from bandra). Also we will be getting a latest update of the Bandra-Igatpuri-Nashik route because doctorque is taking the Aventador to Nashik today.

ANOTHER (god save me) poll might be coming up anytime now but our stand has not changed.
Come sunday morning,we will still be heading towards Charoti, ~110 km from the dahisar naka on NH8.
You guys could vote on the new poll and if its north in the same direction, we could drive together and if not, enjoy your drive.

Btw, have also received yet another confirmation from a person who has travelled on NH8 to Surat just last week that apart from the couple of diversions where new flyovers are under construction, the road surface is not an issue for any vehicle be it hatch/sedan/MUV/SUV.
It starts from average near dahisar and just gets progressively good and once out of Greater Mumbai limits its nothing short of fantastic.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 11th January 2012 at 10:50. Reason: added info
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 10:49   #225
Senior - BHPian

First one to vote for the new poll. Choice between NH3 and Karnala. Hope this will work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks