View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 17:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Only if everyone finalizes on Club Mahindra than a intimidation in prior is needed because is not officially open and members are only allowed. The official opening will be in 1 week of Feb.
Err ... I wanted to say you probably meant intimation and not intimidation.

If Karnala is not the preferred choice, how do I vote for the others? Or can I now not vote for one/more of the other options?
Old 9th January 2012, 17:43   #167
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
If Karnala is not the preferred choice, how do I vote for the others? Or can I now not vote for one/more of the other options?
If you have voted once than you cannot vote again for any other place. You seem to have voted for Karnala, so now you cannot vote for any other place.
Old 9th January 2012, 17:55   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
I agree its a fast road but then how far do you plan to go?

Again i have no issues in joining if everyone wants to head to NH8

We are surely not heading all the way till silvasa.
I am unsure till exactly where we are going to go but IIRC , Bhpian contagoback mentioned a place called Charoti about 130km from the toll booth of the bandra-worli sea link where apparently some place serves killer food. We might be heading there or might stop even a little prior to that if speedy knows better places to halt.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:09   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you have voted once than you cannot vote again for any other place. You seem to have voted for Karnala, so now you cannot vote for any other place.
We can ask the mods to reset the poll result or add a second poll.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:21   #170
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
We can ask the mods to reset the poll result or add a second poll.
Yes. Good idea. Hope the mods reset the poll and this time restrict the option to just 1, instead of multiple.

What say folks?
Old 9th January 2012, 18:26   #171
BHPian

Yes - I agree. Poll needs to be reset and should get closed by Thursday. We can then plan our route and eating joints etc
Old 9th January 2012, 18:31   #172
Senior - BHPian

I suggest the poll be closed by Wednesday itself. After the route comes destination and then the system for ordering food. From all this we shall have to work out the approximate budget. Considering it's early Sunday, let's leave at least a couple of days for ATM-challenged guys like me.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:37   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
We are surely not heading all the way till silvasa.
I am unsure till exactly where we are going to go but IIRC , Bhpian contagoback mentioned a place called Charoti about 130km from the toll booth of the bandra-worli sea link where apparently some place serves killer food. We might be heading there or might stop even a little prior to that if speedy knows better places to halt.
Boss I have been travelling from Andheri west to Boisar almost every third day in a week for the last 3 months.
The road is superb no traffic problems, only the diversions are there time to time for the flyovers being constructed which comes in the way of our speeding we do.
I am not aware of road beyond Boisar cutting off point.
On the way we have Kamats,Silver miles, both are pure veg. and have buffet for the B fast and Lunch.
Toll is 30/- at Dahisar. 78/- at Virar Phata. (return toll).
Once again road is good and I never noticed any traffic jams during my recent almost 18 trips in last three months.Regards.......

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 9th January 2012 at 18:38.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:39   #174
BHPian

Wow... even the Kaas Meet did not had so many ups and downs. Going through the last 2 pages, I remember 'Sholay':

aadhe log idhar jao (NH8)
aadhe log idhar jao (Nahik)
Baaki ke log peeche aao (AV)

Not to hurt but just a thought: Never knew there's a German group. Is there any Jap Group, considering my both 'ride' and 'drive' comes from Jap.

The excitement and this thread is all about TBHP Meet. If there is issue with destination/ distance/ time spent/ place to eat/ traffic/ road conditions/ Tie in poll, then why not keep it simple.
Either wait for the poll or just be the meet within city limits.

Talking about Lonavala, man I have been there almost every time when feel to have tea in early morning (read 2am -3am) with my bike partner. My work place is on edge of Navi Mumbai, so even when bored the home route changes to short drive to Lonavala (we call it as 'Chikki Ride') still whats important is to be part of meet and not the location.

Now I will just wait for the poll to end and see where the meet is to be a part of it.

PS: Parents leaving early morning for South Trip. So will drop them and meet you all either at the venue or for lunch.
Old 9th January 2012, 18:41   #175
BHPian

yes a re-poll will be very much appreciated. With 2 options only looking at the current trend

1. Amby valley/Pavana/Club Mahindra resort
2. Mumbai-Guj H/Way

If what El Lobo says is correct, then we might have already sorted the food bit at the Mahindra resort. (W/o intimidation ofcourse :P)
Old 9th January 2012, 20:18   #176
BHPian

gents, i went to Baroda during Navratri and there is absolutely no issues on the road post Dahisar check naka except some diversions made by IRB who is making a few flyovers.. German or non German, SUV or sedan, its road worthy for all cars. while we would love to upto Gujarat and experience the roads there - it would be a bit longer. as far as the trio is concerned, we can easily go upto Silvassa and be back in Bombay for high tea post a leisurely lunch. irrespective of what everybody decides, the roads are good on NH 8 so dont let that colour your decision

NH8 is also convinient for the Central folks via the Ghosbunder road meeting at Fountain Hotel

ps - when i went to Baroda there was truckers strike so cant comment on that factor
Old 9th January 2012, 20:57   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys sorry for sounding but the BHP meet is all about meet and eat and less drive. We do the drive everyday anyways. So can we keep the meet within the accessible limits. Dont want tired looking faces at the meet, do we? Would suggest to keep the drive within the 50-75 kms range itself.
Sir since when is it less about the drive? Both are equivalent in my books. The reason for planning it somewhere outside the city is so that we can enjoy the drive first. I'm sure you don't drive on a nice road such as the Mumbai-Nashik road or even the Expressway everyday. This is a forum of driving enthusiasts and I'm sure not a single soul will be tired after a good drive. If it was supposed to be just a quick meet and eat then it would have been planned somewhere in the city in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Agreed whole heartedly. I personally think we need more time to interact with each other, probably photo shoot the meet and relax a bit. I spend a lot of time with my car every day, it's the time spent with fellow members that I am looking forward to.
I for one love spending time with my cars, and its a joy taking the car for a good drive after sitting with it in the traffic everyday.

In case either of you don't feel like driving why not hitch a ride with someone.

Quote:
Yesterday only I went to Lonavla, there was no traffic at all. At evening at 2 pm while taking right from Kumars Resort there it took us just 3 min to clear and no traffic till Tiger Point and during return it took us just 10 min to clear the same and onto the E-Way.
Buddy you went yesterday and you want to drive on the same roads again next week? Why not experience something new?

Ok so it finally looks like its going to be between Aamby and NH8 (personally I love the Aamby road but I'm a bit bored of the expressway now). Why not list out possible places on either of the 2 routes where everyone can get a bite.

Also I'm sure even if its NH8 we will not be driving too far or anything. Infact it would probably be just a bit more time than everyones average everyday commute except that we would cover a lot more distance.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th January 2012 at 21:18.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 22:24   #178
BHPian

Hi guys,

I thought this was supposed to be drive to Karnala, meet up with fellow car enthusiasts, meet old friends, make new friends, have a leisurely lunch and then drive back after tea. Added my name in the list of attendees based on that!

In any case I will not be able to leave for an early morning drive as my better half is taking part in the Standard Chartered Half Marathon and I would very much like her to be part of the drive! I would be able to leave Mumbai only post 10:30am at the earliest. So if it is an early morning drive I am definitely out.

As far as the destination is concerned, I am not too enthused about NH8 (Charoti, Silvassa or thereabouts) or NH4 (Lonavala, Aamby Valley, Pawana, Kamshet or thereabouts). I would much prefer NH3 towards Igatpuri or NH17 towards Karnala. Both the highways have many decent Dhaba style eateries!

Casting my vote in the poll based on that!
Old 10th January 2012, 07:33   #179
BHPian

Lets have the poll reset to 2 options and then decide.

And as someone above asked, we should have a Jap group as well.
Old 10th January 2012, 07:57   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi guys,

I thought this was supposed to be drive to Karnala, meet up with fellow car enthusiasts, meet old friends, make new friends, have a leisurely lunch and then drive back after tea. Added my name in the list of attendees based on that!

In any case I will not be able to leave for an early morning drive
I would be able to leave Mumbai only post 10:30am at the earliest. So if it is an early morning drive I am definitely out.

As far as the destination is concerned, I am not too enthused about NH8 (Charoti, Silvassa or thereabouts) or NH4 (Lonavala, Aamby Valley, Pawana, Kamshet or thereabouts). I would much prefer NH3 towards Igatpuri or NH17 towards Karnala. Both the highways have many decent Dhaba style eateries!
+1 to that. I echo Bolbolero's words. Its now a wait n watch thing for me and will decide accordingly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks