Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Puttar's seafood meet venue
Oi! I say Pals' Fish Corner at Bandra. 3 16.67%
You know nothing, ji! I want Lamba puttar's jagah at Chembur. 8 44.44%
Gaddhe, come to Dara paaji's Dhaba at Dahisar, it's better than those two above. 2 11.11%
Sab bakwaas hai. I'm eating at home. 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2006, 11:25   #166
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, when I saw the place first...I was like "Where the heck has NC arranged a meet". But once we bit into the paneer, all doubts were laid to rest.

Good laugh riot. Did the non-veggies eat anything but the prawn starters? A kilo or two?
Old 16th September 2006, 11:38   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
ps - hope you guys liked the food ? especially the veggies !
ya the veggie food was too good.too bad viper and jitu missed the veggie food anyways there is always a next time

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th September 2006 at 11:46.
Old 16th September 2006, 11:48   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Man, when I saw the place first...I was like "Where the heck has NC arranged a meet". But once we bit into the paneer, all doubts were laid to rest.
hehe - thats exactly what I was telling Addy when you walked in. Glad you guys liked the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Did the non-veggies eat anything but the prawn starters? A kilo or two?
And thats PER PERSON I think.
Old 16th September 2006, 11:53   #169
Team-BHP Support

Awesome meet. The food was great.
Boozed, fagged, laughed like jackasses. But, my adventure didn't end there. After dropping F50, I reached my home at 3.45 and found, to my horror, that I had forgotten my house keys. Rang the doorbell 5 times and finally, managed to gain entry at 4.05
Old 16th September 2006, 12:42   #170
Senior - BHPian

Seems you guys had a lot of fun. Sam/Elf called me yesterday and I hope the call and my northern hindi was good laughs for all Was glad to know you guys enjoyed the Tallis, Sonu's, Monu's, Pappu's et al!!

Looking forward to meeting you guys next time around!!
Old 16th September 2006, 12:48   #171
elf
BANNED

My treat... The Pron Meat...

Good Morning.

Surfaced.

Getting to the point now.

Oi NC! Whaddaya mean "Hope you guys liked the food? Especially the veggies!"
The veggies were nice. So were the non-veggies. Even those who didn't eat anything... Why discriminate?

And as Sam said, Lamba's wasn't lamba at all. In fact, it was damn butlaa. Which makes me think that maybe it was called Lambadas & the damn "da" fell off the signboard. I certainly had to bend over backwards & walk under a flaming rod to enter.

Members who wish to visit the mezzanine of this establishment please note: BE SHORT. Tall-boy Shrivz must have entered in installments. Also, they have a damn strict door policy there. Yes, a door policy. At a Sardar joint. The dude at the cash counter at the entrance took one look at Sam & me entering (yes, we were the last consumers to enter) & yells, whilst waving his hands in the air "Jagah nahin hai! Jagah nahin hai! Kidhar aur jaao!" until I discreetely whispered NC's name into the maitre d's ear, & said that we were here for the "meat". Post which, we were given an all access pass & led upstairs with the greatest of respect. Man! TBHP's got pull. I've had less hassles entering the 1900s at the Taj in chappals, shorts & a baniyan. Jeezus!

Good meat. Fun meat. Yes, meat. And no, I suddenly haven't turned into a pink Heineken can & mushroom lover, if you know what I mean. Although, there were also some rather alarming moments when someone (can't remember who, sorry) mentioned that they often enjoyed going to the back lanes of Colaba for some dark sausage & black buns...

The alcohol & bottled water was 'varginal'. The prawns were nice. Really nice. Didn't feel the need to rush for evacuation immediately, which is saying a lot at a Sardar joint. In fact, the prawns & fish were so good, that all chances of exhaust gas comparision post consumption were decimated. Sorry mods, but there wasn't a single prrt from anyone.

Orchid means Orchid. Ecotel. Not pub. Ask any traveller & they'll tell you. Though, when half you bananas said that you wanted to go to Orchid, my alcohol befuddled brain thought that you meant to go back to my place. Had visions of you drunks lolling around my house at 0400 hrs with my family trying to sleep & wifey beating me over the head with a convenient 'belan'...

It was nice that iraghava was there, expanding our vocabulary through the wonders of modern cellular communication. Although trying to understand the Dilli-wallahs fascination with putting pictures into peoples minds of maternal types dancing disrobed fails me... Also unnatural relationships & weird body parts...

@Shrivz: This para is now dedicated to our most hirsute non-sardar member. Dude. I'll send some Veet / Anne French over to your gaon. You got more hair than all of us (& I mean the waiters even), at both Lambadas & the Orchid. And I mean that in the nicest way. Go get your lawn mowed.

And wonder of wonders! The Moderators present turned out to be human! No robotic incantations of "Terminate!" "Terminate!" in an Austrian-Hungarian accent, or even a needless desire to mercilessly kill / maim... Quite a pleasure & relief meeting you all!

And for the rest of you sloping forehead / floor-dragging arm / ape-type semi humanoids not mentioned, it was fun meeting you. Strangely, the meet turned out to be quite a success, inspite of the last minute qvetching & cancellations by confirmed members.

Manson: Darling, thanks to you, I almost got divorced this morning, & now have to spend a truckload of money getting my car cleaned. No, you didn't throw up in the car. But you forgot the damn leftover prawns you packed for the "poor" on the back seat of wifey's Alto. Trust me. My wife ain't poor. She's making me poor by getting her car cleaned, serviced, fumigated, waxed & rebuilt. She also doesn't like prawns anymore. Also, no more mods for me, so Viper - hit him if you like.

In closing, gotta joke for you girls:
Once upon a time in a classroom in Punjab...
The teacher asked the kids to write their fathers name in English.
Santa wrote :"Beautiful Red Underwear".
Teacher said: "Santa, have you gone mad?? What is this ? What is your father's name?"
Santa: "Sunder Lal Chadda".

Sinking again.

Good Night.

PS: I vaguely remember posing for pictures... Oi! NC! Teri bhens-di-paneer! Where are they, puttar!!!???

Last edited by elf : 16th September 2006 at 13:06.
Old 16th September 2006, 12:54   #172
BANNED

Quote:
@Shrivz: This para is now dedicated to our most hirsute non-sardar member. Dude. I'll send some Veet / Anne French over to your gaon. You got more hair than all of us (& I mean the waiters even), at both Lambadas & the Orchid. And I mean that in the nicest way. Go get your lawn mowed.
Please tell me this is NOT what I think it is... was the meat a PG rated one or did it get into XXX territory?(No children I do not mean the Vin Diesel movie here)
@ELF: you dirty rat.. your MARRIED... have SOME SHAME!!!!
Old 16th September 2006, 12:59   #173
elf
BANNED

2L8: Dude. Once you get married you lose all sense of shame. Besides, I was only giving the boy some advice.

Also the meat was not PG rated - the censors (sensors?) simply left the building.
Old 16th September 2006, 13:01   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
It was nice that iraghava was there, expanding our vocabulary through the wonders of modern cellular communication. Although trying to understand the Dilli-wallahs fascination with putting pictures into peoples minds of maternal types dancing disrobed fails me... Also unnatural relationships & weird body parts...
Are you referring to Sam shouting "Mujhe Elf ke liye chod do, Mujhe Elf ke liye chod do!!" when he was being hit on by a sardarji in the Delhi meet
Old 16th September 2006, 13:05   #175
elf
BANNED

What's with Sam & the Sardars...? He seemed to be looking strangely at Manson even...

The unnatural relationships I was referring to were more the family-oriented type.
Old 16th September 2006, 13:17   #176
Senior - BHPian

Bwahahahahaaa......B-O-Y....elf can write. And he can write. I'm positive this write-up is more hilarious than the meet itself.

Elf, thanks for the detailed retrospective. It was like watching Sebastien Loeb drift. Hilariously perfect. Maybe you should try part-time journalism for the Penthouse Forum. They'll take you in happily with both open le...ahem..arms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Once you get married you lose all sense of shame.
Oh-kaay...so...you're Sh(ameless)elf now...?
Old 16th September 2006, 13:23   #177
elf
BANNED

Apologies Veyron1.. I have this tendency towards verbosity. And I do appreciate your kudos. And it would have been nice to meet you at the Pron Meat...
Old 16th September 2006, 13:31   #178
BHPian

okay members a few photos had a blast last night

see the trouble sam had entering

Old 16th September 2006, 13:45   #179
Senior - BHPian

@Elf: Hain? Apology? Kaahe ke liye, bhai? Your verbosity is much appreciated with animosity and viscocity...dhat saala. Apun ko utna angrezi nahin aata.

Bechaare Sameer paaji...can't keep his head up...majbooran sar jhukaana pad raha hai...

BTW- from the pics....the seating arrangement sucks, yaar. What's the point if EVERYBODY can't sit at one big table....? Sab log saala alag-alag cubicles main baithe hain...
Old 16th September 2006, 13:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys the pics are here - Lamba Meet

Comments after viewing the pics are compulsory !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th September 2006 at 13:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks