Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 14:33   #1651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@Dhanush, Jain - I thought mini bypass would be ideal since we can avoid the Petta stretch and also mini bypass got many vacant spots for us to wait for others and get ready for the drive. Anything would do. Let's confirm on that so that everyone will be updated. Dhanush, do let us know which works best.

@Jacs - Dude, you will be the weatherman. Your job would be to check with the local people on the weather and whether it's safe for the drive . Based on your expert advice, we shall decide whether it's Plan A or B.
Mini bypass is definitely better. I coined the question because we had initially agreed upon irumpanam toll. There is ample space before the bridge as you turn into the bypass. Additionally, it would only be wise to avoid petta and SN junction.
Old 28th May 2013, 17:33   #1652
BHPian

re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Opting out, as given the unpredictability of the whether , my joining is neither viable nor practical.
There’s always a next time.
Here's wishing the weather doesn’t play spoil sport and you guys have a blast .
Cheers.
Old 29th May 2013, 14:18   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

The met department says that the rains are gonna stay for a while. If that's the case, then I think it's time that we start considering plan B in full swing.

I am in as per what Naveen had suggested. Drive to a beach, have lunch and then have some fun with the waves (weather permitting)
Old 29th May 2013, 16:34   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
The met department says that the rains are gonna stay for a while. If that's the case, then I think it's time that we start considering plan B in full swing.

I am in as per what Naveen had suggested. Drive to a beach, have lunch and then have some fun with the waves (weather permitting)
Dhanush,
Believing our met dept is not so advisable. For the past two days it hasn't rained much here. I have a really positive feeling that we would be able to do Vagamon. But lets be ready for Plan B.

Vagamon would be based on the word of our brother, Jacs.

@Jacs, Hope you are hearing

Last edited by voyageur : 29th May 2013 at 16:35.
Old 29th May 2013, 17:43   #1655
BHPian

A drive with 14 bhpians to my all time fav, Wagamon is something to miss I really wish I would've been there. Being a localite, let me tell you the road from Erattupetta to Wagamon is not in good shape and there is traffic control. BHPians with kids should take good care. Just adding up a shot from April 2013. You can also take the other route if time permits. That is Kottayam-Kuttikkanam-Elappara-Wagamon.

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20130323-10.15.01.jpg

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 29th May 2013 at 17:48.
Old 29th May 2013, 18:17   #1656
Distinguished - BHPian

The road doesn't look welcoming at all. The other road is good too. Scenic. A bit longer though. I hope that the kids don't get car sick
Old 29th May 2013, 18:33   #1657
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I feel that rain will spoil our plans. As Dhanush mentioned, let's take Plan B into account. If we can confirm whether it's A or B by friday, I can try and make arrangements for lunch (expecting a small discount there ). So let's fix the venue on or before friday.
Old 29th May 2013, 19:30   #1658
BHPian

Ouch.

I do not like the look of that road at all.

As Naveen said, lets finalize Plan B, and decide on friday, which plan we're going to go ahead with.
Old 29th May 2013, 20:13   #1659
BHPian

Any plans of taking the other Kuttikannam road..It would be scenic and would be a good drive. Taking into consideration about the ladies and kids coming, I am fine with whatever the majority decides, I don't think its a really long and hectic drive provided we are all driving 4 wheelers.
Old 29th May 2013, 20:31   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Any plans of taking the other Kuttikannam road..It would be scenic and would be a good drive. Taking into consideration about the ladies and kids coming, I am fine with whatever the majority decides, I don't think its a really long and hectic drive provided we are all driving 4 wheelers.
If you plan to do this route, you can also add Parunthumpara to the itinerary. Also the route from Elappara to Wagamon is scenic and good for some "click" breaks!
Old 30th May 2013, 08:39   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I haven't gone through the latest updates on this thread. I was down with fever since Sunday and recovering now.

Not sure if I will be fully fit on Sunday. So, I will confirm my presence on Saturday. Sorry for the late notice.
Old 30th May 2013, 09:32   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
URGENT ATTENTION

One guy who visited Vagamon last weekend updated me on the below. Any means of re-validating the second point.
  • Erattupetta - Vagamon road works going on due to which traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Being a localite, let me tell you the road from Erattupetta to Wagamon is not in good shape and there is traffic control. BHPians with kids should take good care. Just adding up a shot from April 2013. You can also take the other route if time permits. That is Kottayam-Kuttikkanam-Elappara-Wagamon.
Thanks a lot buddy. So the update on traffic restriction is correct.
I am in touch with Kerala Veterinary University Research Center through my dad to get the latest update on weather as well as internal roads.
Old 30th May 2013, 12:36   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot buddy. So the update on traffic restriction is correct.
I am in touch with Kerala Veterinary University Research Center through my dad to get the latest update on weather as well as internal roads.
Yes, and if you make it to Wagamon try out the place called "Thangal Paara". Its around 2-3 km from wagamon main road but its worth it. A good place for a couple of shots. I know you'll love it Jacs buddy, if I was there you would've been in for a surprise
Old 30th May 2013, 12:57   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Meet : DRIVE
Date : 2nd June
Destination : Plan A : Vagamon
Plan B : Arthungal Beach/ Andhakaranazhi ?
Confirmed :
1. vaisakhr
2. dhanushmenon + wife + 2 kids
3. Sree83
4. naveen.raju+wife
5.mistakenguy
6. Jacs
7. Amalji
8. BigBrad
9. rajoy123 + Wife
10. Speed.Demon
11. deetjohn
12. Revintup + Wife
13. Voyageur
14. figo_mba

Tentative:
1. Recallers & Coolclouds
2. Alexpaul
3. Eagle eye
4. Beejay
5. deetjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Yes, and if you make it to Wagamon try out the place called "Thangal Paara". Its around 2-3 km from wagamon main road but its worth it. A good place for a couple of shots. I know you'll love it Jacs buddy, if I was there you would've been in for a surprise
Noted Thangal Paara.

Erattupetta rings some bell in my mind. If you are very sure about not making it to this trip, please disclose the surprise .
Old 30th May 2013, 13:09   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Erattupetta rings some bell in my mind. If you are very sure about not making it to this trip, please disclose the surprise.
Yes, unfortunately am very sure about it! Am not even in India and will be back only on June 9th Yes, heres the clue. We've met at Vembi, Kottayam and have discussed about raiding the Himalayas with an experienced trekker who's a common friend of us. And yes, the dead line was July 2013

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks