Chennai-Bangy-Chennai 11 18.03%
Full GQ 17 27.87%
Others - Please mention in thread 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 11:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

I assumed that 10 days is the longest anyone can take off for this trip and schedule is planned accordingly.
For the first leg, I have assumed delayed start from Bangalore. Making it to Pune is not difficult, although you may reach late at night. Alternatively, it can before Pune at Kolhapur/Karad/Satara - all depends on the size of the group, acco would be a problem otherwise.
Old 18th September 2008, 12:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Sounds like a totally KKKRaaazzzyyy idea. So am Game for it. Include me up in the list as well.
you are in for everything and then eventually drop out.., lets see what happens to this one.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:51   #63
Senior - BHPian

Guys dont let the steam die down. While Kumar sir is working on the final cut lets work on the dates asap so that people who are seriously planning to join in can work on their leaves etc. I guess it will be easier to decide the dates not because Kumar sir has given us the tentative day count of 8-10days.

As he has suggested Dec/Jan are out due to heavy fog. So what are we left with Oct and Nov or else its Feb. March onwards it will be too hot and also such a late date will take the interest off.

Well the above are only my views please correct me if you find them off track

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 19th September 2008 at 10:53.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
As he has suggested Dec/Jan are out due to heavy fog. So what are we left with Oct and Nov or else its Feb. March onwards it will be too hot and also such a late date will take the interest off.
Oct - nov can tight getting leaves specially for the IT crowd since it is peak season for most client's.
Feb is always lull in most industry. I think Feb can suit well for most of us.

Abhi
Old 19th September 2008, 11:53   #65
BHPian

Guys,

Let me explain my original idea once again.

As per HVK's plans, a team leaves Bangalore on day one and drives to Pune. There they meet up with the Pune Team and maybe the Mumbai team who have driven down to Pune.

Post the meet, the Bangy guys turn around and return to Bangy, while the Pune and Mumbai team carry on to the next point - Ahmedabad. That is why I called it "T-BHP Relay meet"

So it goes on like this in a full circle and ends when the Chennai Team comes to Bangy. This was my thought when I even mooted the idea of a Relay meet. This way each team drives only one leg which would last 2 days. Taking 2 days off is much easier that taking 8-10 days off. Even better would be to do it in weekends, but then we will lose steam as there will be loss of continuity of the drive.

Of course, the guys who can take time off can do the whole drive.

Lets discuss in detail tomorrow.

BTW, has anyone initiated the process of getting approval from GTO/MOD team?

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 19th September 2008 at 11:57.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

What about the Kerala gang? We have some amazing sweepers there. Where do they plan to join this GQ trip?
Old 19th September 2008, 12:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
On second thoughts, we should extend beyond the GQ and do a Capital Cities Relay Meet - Drive from one capital city to the other.

That way we will cover all of India and also be successful in promoting a message PAN INDIA.

What say guys?

Cheers,

Rajan
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
. That's why I have stressed the PAN India part and wanted to cover maximum states/cities.

Yes, the easiest option is to have the capital cities as part of the route. (however each state could possibly have one or more relay baton passing points for the meets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
What about the Kerala gang? We have some amazing sweepers there. Where do they plan to join this GQ trip?
In the course of discussions and planning, the original idea seems to be lost somewhere. From the plans and discussions it sounds like people doing the entire GQ stretch

I was hoping that we can get the help of MODs to generate a city(read location) list where there are members, plot all those cities on the map and decide on a route, so that all cities represented are covered.

The intention behind the proposal was to strenghten and high-light unity in Team-BHP and also show the world that we are not just talkers, discussing on a virtual world with faceless people. We are for real and we mean it when we say "The Defenitive Indian Car Community".

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 19th September 2008 at 12:18.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

@ksm-vtec. If your not touring then we could join them from pune back to mumbai.
Old 19th September 2008, 14:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Sure. Hope the dates dont clash. Or else the best thing to happen will be that my dates and route matches with this plan.

And what do you mean by if "I" am not touring. Have you allready dropped the idea of comming along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
@ksm-vtec. If your not touring then we could join them from pune back to mumbai.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 19th September 2008 at 14:04.
Old 19th September 2008, 15:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Just to visualize the route

Golden Quadrilateral /PAN India "T-BHP Relay Meet"-gq.jpg
Old 19th September 2008, 15:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Thats a great map. But the point i want to make here is that more than the route other logistic issues and discision making issues are important and will also consume time.

It would have been a much easier task if there was a small group of 5-10 doing the same thing, but thats not what our plan is. We have to keep in mind that there are many people/places involved.

Needs lot of planning guys. We need to have a dedicated team of 4-6 people in place right away. This team will take all discisions and all of us will go by them.

What say guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Just to visualize the route

Attachment 51267
Old 19th September 2008, 16:02   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Oct - nov can tight getting leaves specially for the IT crowd since it is peak season for most client's.
Feb is always lull in most industry. I think Feb can suit well for most of us.

Abhi
Yes Sir, Oct being a festival season, many of the north indians (like me) have to get back to their famililes during diwali break & then Nov , dec are gonna get tough as you explained due to clients.
Old 19th September 2008, 16:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Needs lot of planning guys. We need to have a dedicated team of 4-6 people in place right away. This team will take all discisions and all of us will go by them.
Surely. And this is the main Agenda for the tomorrow meet with our Kumar-ji in Bangalore.

Probably we will have better picture and may be even names assigned for coordinations. SO, watch this space for more updates soon.
Old 19th September 2008, 16:44   #74
Senior - BHPian

Oh ya that will be a good time to decide on these issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Surely. And this is the main Agenda for the tomorrow meet with our Kumar-ji in Bangalore.

Probably we will have better picture and may be even names assigned for coordinations. SO, watch this space for more updates soon.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:45   #75
evo
BHPian

Is december really un drivable cos of the fog? I only ask because that would be the best time for me to get out of work, nov looks very tight as of now.

Also I`d like to volunteer to do any stuff related to the cal madras leg.

Cheers

Last edited by evo : 19th September 2008 at 19:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks